HEAD

Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 5:16 AM

I purely love Head's Save Me From Myself.
The guy is obviously really talented on his own and i am really obsessed with the guitarwork he's done for that album. Beyond all the xtianity thing, it evokes that kind of music that i love and i really put head's save me from myself up to the rest of the korn albums. it still has the korn vibe, yet is different. really good stuff. and i like the fact that is no too preachy about all his beliefs. The autobiographical path he choose fits that album really well. And besides somehow cheesy lyrics and some cheesy vocal parts , the music stands out and wipes all the flaws out.
Some of my favorites include Save Me from myself, Adonai ,Washed By Blood.
I really think head proven what a massive song0writting force he is.
What's your opinion on his work?
My band :)
www.myspace.com/dekadentaesthetix

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: HEAD

Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Yeah, Completely agree. Save me from myself has outstanding music. Money and die religion die have some of my favorite riffs.

2. Re: HEAD

Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Yeah, it's been ages since I listened to it but I remember listening to a few tracks when it first came out. I agree the lyrics were cheesey and his vocals aren't the best, but the guitar parts were really, really good. I can see why people want him back in KoRn so badly. :P

3. Re: HEAD

Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 3:42 PM

I own the disc, and I've only ever played it once through. I've listened to "Flush" an good amount of times, as well. I just like the fact that Head had the good sense of bringing in uber-sessioner Josh Freese. :D

4. Re: HEAD

Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Agreed as well, SMFMS is a great album, cant wait for the next whenever it comes out. I remember Head did an interview on RadioU.com and he said new music would be released in 2011 for sure...cant wait XD.

The only thing I didnt like about SMFMS was the lyrics were kinda cheesy, as others have said.

5. Re: HEAD

Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 5:02 PM

I had no idea Josh Freese was the session drummer. That guy gets around. Yeah the album is good. There doesn't seem to be many break off artists who can stand on there own but head seems to be an exception. Those system of a down guys seemed to pull it off too. I'm looking forward to heads next project.
    The lyrics werent great, but there are a lot of Korn songs with less than wonderful lyrics too. It's the music that counts.

6. Re: HEAD

Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 11:21 AM

I think heads solo work is great, love it all

But I can honestly say that though his lyrics may be meaningful, they are not well written.

Head your a god among musicians,and I love your vocals, but not much of a lyricist my friend.
    -=[ Nothing in Life is to be Feared, Only Understood ]=-

7. Re: HEAD

Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Another thing I like about Head is his covers of Blind and more recently Helmet in the Bush. I havent had the chance to hear them live yet, but they sound pretty good on Youtube, if you can find a quality video.
    And Im hoping having Rob Graves producing the upcoming album will help Head out on his lyrics.
    "you see beauty, I see pain, you see sky, and I see acid rain"

8. Re: HEAD

Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 8:46 AM

i love Head's album. it really has a KoRn sound to it. ive seen him live last year and even on stage he still has this KoRn groove on guitar, even though its a little different with him being frontman.
    These days, i beleive his band is sadly falling apart due to financial reasons and shit...
    Head's main reasons to leave KoRn were : to be there for jeannea, and quit drugs and life a more spiritual life.
    The guys in KoRn have ALL changed their lifes into the same direction, and Head is now touring a lot with his band, so personally, i think he is just doing the same jjob as he was, and i really like his band, but somewhere, i HOPE, that one day, HEAD will rejoin KoRn. how awesome would it be to see him back on stage on the left during a show?
    'Life Is Peachy'

9. Re: HEAD

Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 9:52 AM

I personally really love his work. Some people hate him because of his choice to leave Korn. I respect his decision and I understand his reason for it. Anyway, I also really like the guitar work on the record. You can really tell that the stuff on Follow The Leader was all him with the leads ( because he was lead guitar obv, lol.) And the cheesy lyrics at times. yea, well he said that he wasn't the best lyricist and at times he was afraid of writing. He knows he's not GREAT at it. but overall i have to say, i love that album and respect it completely.

10. Re: HEAD

Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Flush is a really good song
    other then that i dont really listen to his cd but i do own it lol
    KornHivGurl

11. Re: HEAD

Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 12:41 AM

I have the CD but, I haven't listened to it in a while. I love Home and Save me from myself.
    Does it make me bad??

12. Re: HEAD

Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 1:17 AM

i absolutely love head was a shame he left korn but he seems to be doing really well in his solo career and i love the songs adonai and shake. regards to his book he released i think it really gives you an insight to him and what he felt.
    children of the korn, children of the korn!!!!

13. Re: HEAD

Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 10:53 AM

His book is a really great to read and i have it with me
    but i like got the life better than save me from myself

hes a great guy and im glad he is doing better and that he is happy
    and not doing drugs.
    KornHivGurl

14. Re: HEAD

Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 6:37 AM

Did you go to the book signing for save me for myself?

kornhivgurl wrote:
    His book is a really great to read and i have it with me
    but i like got the life better than save me from myself

hes a great guy and im glad he is doing better and that he is happy
    and not doing drugs.
    KornHivGurl

Does it make me bad??

15. Re: HEAD

Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 3:06 PM

i 100 % agree and its been 6 years and head is my hero but people need to let it go hes not going back to korn
    mikey mike mccabe

16. Re: HEAD

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 9:32 PM

The book is great and when he came onto one of his forums a couple years ago I personally asked him to put solos in his future songs to which he responded a song he was working on had a solo in it. Cool :)

17. Re: HEAD

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 11:40 PM

HeAdMuNkY wrote:
    Agreed as well, SMFMS is a great album, cant wait for the next whenever it comes out. I remember Head did an interview on RadioU.com and he said new music would be released in 2011 for sure...cant wait XD.

The only thing I didnt like about SMFMS was the lyrics were kinda cheesy, as others have said.

The songs I've heard from that new album sound amazing. I know Head really wants to release that album but I think he said that before he got screwed by Driven.
    Right now he's having some legal issues with that label which made it impossible for him to release that album (don't know if that's sorted out by now though).

The whole issue with Driven is also part of the reason why Head had to let Rudy go and some other members quit. Driven didn't pay them for the shows they played and if they got payed they sometimes didn't get enough. (read that in Scott's article) so they couldn't afford to be in the band anymore.
    I'm glad Val and Dan are still in the band though. I had a blast hanging out with those guys about a year ago.

I hope the whole Driven issue get's sorted out and Head can just release his new album.

18. Re: HEAD

Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Save me from myself is a great album. Head is great. That's why I'm really bad caus' imagine this sound with KoRn now... Munk' needs him, Head needs Munk' and the rest of tha band !

I really love all the albums KoRn had made, today also. And Ray is doin' a great work in KoRn. But Head had to come back. And Sylvy too.... And making a band like Iron Maiden, with 3 guitarists, 2 drummers.... ^^

But you all know it like me : the alchemy is here when there's the 5 guys of Bako. No one says it, but everyone knows it.

19. Re: HEAD

Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Head tweeted this today
    "Lots of trash talk bout how messed up my business life is.People think I'm done & trapped.DON'T EVER COUNT ME OUT! Good news coming soon"

Hoping the "good news coming soon" is a new album announcement.

EDIT- Another Tweet today from Head (8/16)
    "Seasons are changing, great news is coming, we are ready for the next adventure!"

The good news has to be a new album right?? one can hope
    "I tried peace, I tried love, I tried kind, I give up You don't hear, you don't feel, Now I'm here, and I'm real I gave you my blessings, You've failed from testings, I'll show you what death brings, Now feel how my wrath stings"

20. Re: HEAD

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 11:38 AM

HeAdMuNkY wrote:
    Head tweeted this today
    "Lots of trash talk bout how messed up my business life is.People think I'm done & trapped.DON'T EVER COUNT ME OUT! Good news coming soon"

Hoping the "good news coming soon" is a new album announcement.
    "I tried peace, I tried love, I tried kind, I give up You don't hear, you don't feel, Now I'm here, and I'm real I gave you my blessings, You've failed from testings, I'll show you what death brings, Now feel how my wrath stings"

I really hope things work out for him!

Newsletter Signup