HEAD

Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 5:16 AM

I purely love Head's Save Me From Myself.
The guy is obviously really talented on his own and i am really obsessed with the guitarwork he's done for that album. Beyond all the xtianity thing, it evokes that kind of music that i love and i really put head's save me from myself up to the rest of the korn albums. it still has the korn vibe, yet is different. really good stuff. and i like the fact that is no too preachy about all his beliefs. The autobiographical path he choose fits that album really well. And besides somehow cheesy lyrics and some cheesy vocal parts , the music stands out and wipes all the flaws out.
Some of my favorites include Save Me from myself, Adonai ,Washed By Blood.
I really think head proven what a massive song0writting force he is.
What's your opinion on his work?
My band :)
www.myspace.com/dekadentaesthetix

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: HEAD

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 1:15 PM

via Heads Facebook/Twitter page.

"We're so stoked to announce the release of our new single PARALYZED in October! We're filming the music video next week before OMH tour!"

New music from Head! Cant Wait.
    "I tried peace, I tried love, I tried kind, I give up You don't hear, you don't feel, Now I'm here, and I'm real I gave you my blessings, You've failed from testings, I'll show you what death brings, Now feel how my wrath stings"

2. gia avatar gia

Re: HEAD

Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 1:47 AM

"It's the same, but now I'm singing about stuff I went through," he said. "I don't just want to play the guitar for Jonathan Davis in Korn who's singing about what he went through, because I've gone through a lot. I sing about my pain now and what I need. It just feels right, right now."

http://www.nptelegraph.com/articles/2011/08/24/news/40002351.txt

so dont have ur hopes up that he will ever come back...being JUST a guitarist isnt enough for him anymore...

3. Re: HEAD

Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 7:30 AM

gia wrote:
    "It's the same, but now I'm singing about stuff I went through," he said. "I don't just want to play the guitar for Jonathan Davis in Korn who's singing about what he went through, because I've gone through a lot. I sing about my pain now and what I need. It just feels right, right now."

so dont have ur hopes up that he will ever come back...being JUST a guitarist isnt enough for him anymore...

It's not about him not wanting to be JUST a guitarist anymore. He's spreading his own message now. Which is different from Korn. And he does play the Korn-songs that connect with his message. But he's not thinking of returning to Korn. I actually think this is a good thing for him. He is clearly happy with what he's doing now.

4. Re: HEAD

Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 5:22 AM

Jeroen Moody wrote:

It's not about him not wanting to be JUST a guitarist anymore. He's spreading his own message now. Which is different from Korn. And he does play the Korn-songs that connect with his message. But he's not thinking of returning to Korn. I actually think this is a good thing for him. He is clearly happy with what he's doing now.

That.

Anyway, i can't wait to hear PARALYZED! and see the video :)

Saw Head play a bout a week ago again and it was awesome! Third show i've seen them play and I think it was the best show i've seen the band play until now. They've got a good thing going on. But yeah, I love his music, i love seeing Head play live and i'll support Head all the way. Can't wait until the new album!

I took some photos at the show (it was at Flevo Festival btw), if anyone would like to see them, they're here : http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessicasantiagolopez/sets/72157627369468177/

:)

5. Re: HEAD

Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 7:35 PM

https://app.e2ma.net/app/view:CampaignPublic/id:1350075.7513611332/rid:03727ec1bbf2eee101ba7e219704d4f2

^ letter from Head to the fans.

"Which is why we're so excited to tell you that we've been writing and recording with Jasen Rauch, one of the top producers and former guitarist of RED. It feels amazing to be back in the studio and making new music! A new EP will be out early next year, and we cannot wait for you to hear what we're working on! It is definitely some of the best music I've ever been apart of."

"We will be offering our email subscribers exclusive, sneak peeks at our music before next year’s release. If you have not signed up for our emails, go to http://brianheadwelch.net/ and sign up today. Don't miss the opportunity to hear our new music first!"
    Signature

6. Re: HEAD

Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Got to see Head play at Lifelight festival tonight, he mentioned the new single and also said that the legal troubles that were preventing new music from being released are behind him now. good news and a great performance.
    http://youtu.be/gP8cgj0ocV4
    Signature

7. Re: HEAD

Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 12:21 PM

I'll be honest I've only ever heard 'Flush' and I did like it and yeah it does have the Korn vibe but I dont really see myself buying the record.

I think in some way I'm still a wee bit stung by Head leaving, I mean JD got sober and Fieldy found Jesus.

Dan

8. Re: HEAD

Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Here is a sample of Heads upcoming single "Paralyzed"
    http://www.amazon.com/Paralyzed/dp/B005M1EWN8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315861301&sr=8-1
    This is what I make out the lyrics to be thus far.

"Why is my nose so cold
    no more will I pretend
    gasping for air as your slipping through my fingers
    dont kiss me goodbye
    please dont leave here
    Im dieing inside..."

9. Re: HEAD

Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 2:50 AM

HeAdMuNkY wrote:
    Got to see Head play at Lifelight festival tonight, he mentioned the new single and also said that the legal troubles that were preventing new music from being released are behind him now. good news and a great performance.
    http://youtu.be/gP8cgj0ocV4
    Signature

umm hes lying. Hes STILL in legal battles and dodged a bullet by releasing an EP instead of an album. If he released an album, he'd be legally bound to his old record label. And I HIGHLY doubt hes out of his woes just yet. There hasn't been any resolution to his court battles.
    Site Administrator for Kornspace.com

10. Re: HEAD

Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 2:52 AM

Driven Music Group is looking to sue the piss out of Head, but while Head is under bankruptcy protection, they legally can't touch him. So, you just wait...until his Head is above the water, I wouldn't count on him to tell the truth.

11. Re: HEAD

Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 7:44 AM

TimKornspace wrote:
    Driven Music Group is looking to sue the piss out of Head, but while Head is under bankruptcy protection, they legally can't touch him. So, you just wait...until his Head is above the water, I wouldn't count on him to tell the truth.

Yet he is not releasing the new EP with Driven. So I guess he's not so worried about getting sued by them.

The point with Driven was that they wanted to keep him there and promised him money to record songs over and over again. But there never was any money. He might still be in legal battles, but he's not as worried about it as he was before (when he got to the point where he couldn't even do shows anymore).

12. Re: HEAD

Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 6:03 AM

Driven was started by Head and his lawyer-friend Greg Shanaberger and the both of them didn't know what they were doing in terms of running a record label. The relationship turned sour because of this failed 'venture' and now they're suing each other for each other's failure.

13. Re: HEAD

Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 11:59 PM

You can listen to the full version of "Paralyzed" on Heads facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/brianheadwelch?sk=app_108468622525037

As for his split with DMG, none of us know what is actually going on in Heads legal life, and what has/nt been resolved. If you have a source with credibility, actually post it.
    I havent read anywhere on the ,always reliable internet, about Shanaberger suing Head.

-People can say whatever they want about Heads legal and financial situation on the internet, but a lot of these peoples claims lack validity. If Head says something, Ill take his word over the opinionated bs on the internet.

14. Re: HEAD

Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 4:09 PM

I find it amusing how Korn's second single is rumored to premiere on the same day as "Paralyzed".

Is this my overture,
    or obituary?

15. Re: HEAD

Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 4:59 PM

ok...paralyzed is incredible. i never heard something as awesome since talitm. this is 10 times way more Korn than korn itself these days. if he can manage to release a whole album as good as this he will be korn from now on.
    My band :)
    www.myspace.com/dekadentaesthetix

16. Re: HEAD

Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 11:59 PM

LOL, why do people keep saying that? Head's solo material sounds nothing like Korn. "Paralyzed" is generic, and with a few exceptions like "For No One", it doesn't come close to anything Korn has released since 2005. I don't hear how it's "more Korn than Korn itself". It sounds more like Adema, or the producer's former band, Red.

Is this my overture,
    or obituary?

17. Re: HEAD

Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 8:28 AM

gia wrote:

And why KoRn don't do a group with two singers, two messages in a song... It could be amazing, and trully a new experimentation.... I think it could be great... Jon and Head could write lyrics together... No ?

"...Fuck you I'm fed up with you. I'm not as good as y

18. Re: HEAD

Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Interesting notion. But then again, the idea of Jews and Arabs getting along is an interesting notion as well.

19. Re: HEAD

Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Hi ADandelion,

Too funny! Sad, though.
    mlukec

20. Re: HEAD

Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 6:15 PM

JDM wrote:
    LOL, why do people keep saying that? Head's solo material sounds nothing like Korn. "Paralyzed" is generic, and with a few exceptions like "For No One", it doesn't come close to anything Korn has released since 2005. I don't hear how it's "more Korn than Korn itself". It sounds more like Adema, or the producer's former band, Red.

And that is your opinion sir.....
    I dont hear Adema in Heads work, nor do I find it generic. Imo his vocal style and guitar work is distinctive enough to separate him from other mainstream rock bands. I mean, what do you want the guy to do, create a new music genre, maybe put out a dubstep collab album? But w/e, you can think w/e you like about it.

And seeing as Korn is doing a dubstep collab album, I can understand why some people would say Head sounds more like older Korn than Korn currently does. Sure, "Get Up" has JDs voice, but thats about it for similarities between "Get Up" and any other past Korn song.

"you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people."
    "those who stand firm till the end will be saved"

Get the latest from Korn!