JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Jonathan Davis & the Simply Fucking Amazings

Here's a topic for Jonathan Davis's solo project, where we can discuss things like his first solo tour that he embarked on in 2007 - titled Alone I Play, his upcoming solo album, featured vocals - and whatever else he's up to outside of KoRn!

JDSFA Members

Jonathan Davis ............ vocals & random instruments
Shenkar ............ double violin, background vocals
Miles Mosley ............ contrabass, occasional synth, background vocals
Shane Gibson ............ acoustic guitar, background vocals
Zac Baird ............ keyboards, background vocals
Michael Jochum ............ drums & percussion

Solo Album Information

Back in 2008, Jonathan started streaming from his home studio as he worked on his solo stuff through Ustream at http://www.jdsfa.com/

Several demos got ripped from it including:

August 12
Basic Needs
Russia
I Medicate Everyday

Earlier this year, Jonathan released three tracks from his solo album on his Sound Cloud, including a final version of Medicate and two new songs called Happiness and Final Days.

The album has been described by JD as "very world music-y and dark, heavy, Peter Gabriel-esque type music".

Apparently the album is finished, but there's something going on with the people who are suppose to distribute it, creating a delay.

So what are your thoughts on JD's project? Have any favorite tracks yet? Was anyone else able to attend his solo tour? Share your thoughts & stories!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: JDSFA

Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Well sincerely, i don't like most of the jd and the sfa songs. i like the live show and all that image and the whole idea. Most of the KoRn songs don't sound well to me transposed into the sfa sound ( i'm not a big fan of the unplugged album either) . There are few songs that I really like and they did a great job with them.But i would rather see Jonathan performing his own songs with SFA like the demos he put on soundcloud. I really love those tracks and it would be nice to see Jd playing that kind of songs over transposed versions of korn songs. To really get some serious attention they have to write songs for that specific style they play with the band and for those specific instruments from scratch. Otherwise it would never sound more than a pure experiment for me. Playing a song written for crushing 7 string guitars on traditional world music instruments may work once. But if you play 10 songs then it will sound disorganized and unprofessional. So, I guess i'll never listen to jd and the sfa more than just for curiosity. They would only stick to my ipod if they really compose songs for that specific style of performance. I am sure it will be way better than what they put out for now.

My band :)
    www.myspace.com/dekadentaesthetix

2. Re: JDSFA

Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 6:10 PM

I absolutely loved this group and cannot wait for them to get an album released. Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend being in Australia, but I think they would be incredible to see live.

3. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 9:39 PM

I caught his solo show in San Antonio. It was incredible--probably my favorite concert experience ever. And here's my souvenir and most prized possession!

Can't wait for the CD to come out. I could listen to "Medicate" all day, and do sometimes--it's great to write to.

4. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Simply fucking amazing. That's my answer, your honour. =p

Oz ...be yourself, let you come through...

5. gia avatar gia

Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 7:29 AM

im absolutely amazed by these songs, medicate everyday is my all time favorite but final days is right after, i hope jd will add basic needs too to is soundcloud, would be awsome, its really a shame that warner makes him wait when album is ready

6. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 4:49 PM

All I can really say is that im fuckin pumped!
    -=[ Nothing in Life is to be Feared, Only Understood ]=-

7. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 6:04 AM

I can't wait for new JD & SFA album. for now i better like their first one (really like it), not so sure about new songs, but i'll see what future brings. I've seen them live and it was so amazing! hope to see them again

8. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 10:52 PM

i love his solo project

[url=http://img.photob/]http://img.photob[/url][/signature]

9. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Love everything I've heard so far from JDSFA.

Anybody get their stuff from Sellaband yet?

"Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

10. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 4:35 PM

I love JD and the SFA... I love Jon's voice, I love to hear the violins, I love everything about them!!

11. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 5:32 PM

RemoveTheVirus wrote:
    Love everything I've heard so far from JDSFA.

Anybody get their stuff from Sellaband yet?

I got the MP3's but the video wasn't working for me and after going through several different people they told me to email the people who run the servers and they never got back to me. :( Does anyone know when the dvds will be on sale to the general public?

12. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I cannot wait much longer for the release of this, I have the demos, I think all of them if I'm right. August 12, Basic Needs, Russia, I Medicate Everyday, Gender, Anal Butterfly Also, 3 other untitled demos, first one of those is funny because he goes, "I'm the fucking shit." LMFAO my son heard that and started laughing hehehe...
    Love all of them but favorites are Gender, Medicate, Gay Sex, Basic Needs and August 12. so far anyways ;)

13. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 3:00 PM

LOVE JDSFA. really beautiful :) jdsfa live is amazing too

14. gia avatar gia

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 2:23 PM

jdsfa live show was one of the best shows i ever been to, i wish i could go for more than one :( i hope for another tour supporting new album, im deff flying around for few shows then

15. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:54 PM

well the title says all.. Jonathan Davis and the Simply FUCKIN Amazings

yes jd u r amazing...and so is the simply fuckin amazings

16. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 6:11 PM

It's driving me nuts waiting for the sellaband cd...... Does anyone know if Medicate, Final Days and Happiness on there? I love those songs!!

17. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 8:27 AM

Kornered wrote:
    It's driving me nuts waiting for the sellaband cd...... Does anyone know if Medicate, Final Days and Happiness on there? I love those songs!!

None of those are on that cd/dvd. It's just korn songs, some covers and songs from the QOTD soundtrack.

But yeah I know what you mean about the waiting part.
    They don't even tell us when they're shipping them yet, while we should already have those packages according to the original plan. It sucks! Are they even planning on shipping those anymore anyway?

18. gia avatar gia

Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 2:13 AM

Im afraid we will get them along with offcial release :(

19. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Well, I guess the only good that comes out of this (other than the CD, someday) is that we helped make it happen for JD. It's just SO hard to be patient.

Is there anyway to get the other songs? I don't want to steal them, but I really want to add them to my ipod! Is he selling the down loads somewhere?

20. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 5:38 AM

I just contacted sellaband on this. Let's see what they have to say about it. (If hey are gonna reply at all)

I just noticed that some ebayer is selling the cd/dvd sets already (these were exclusive to donators, right?) and apperantly he has tons of them.
    I sent another mail on what happened to the sets we were supposed to recieve. Looks like they were stolen or something. :S

Ebay link

Newsletter Signup