JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Jonathan Davis & the Simply Fucking Amazings

Here's a topic for Jonathan Davis's solo project, where we can discuss things like his first solo tour that he embarked on in 2007 - titled Alone I Play, his upcoming solo album, featured vocals - and whatever else he's up to outside of KoRn!

JDSFA Members

Jonathan Davis ............ vocals & random instruments
Shenkar ............ double violin, background vocals
Miles Mosley ............ contrabass, occasional synth, background vocals
Shane Gibson ............ acoustic guitar, background vocals
Zac Baird ............ keyboards, background vocals
Michael Jochum ............ drums & percussion

Solo Album Information

Back in 2008, Jonathan started streaming from his home studio as he worked on his solo stuff through Ustream at http://www.jdsfa.com/

Several demos got ripped from it including:

August 12
Basic Needs
Russia
I Medicate Everyday

Earlier this year, Jonathan released three tracks from his solo album on his Sound Cloud, including a final version of Medicate and two new songs called Happiness and Final Days.

The album has been described by JD as "very world music-y and dark, heavy, Peter Gabriel-esque type music".

Apparently the album is finished, but there's something going on with the people who are suppose to distribute it, creating a delay.

So what are your thoughts on JD's project? Have any favorite tracks yet? Was anyone else able to attend his solo tour? Share your thoughts & stories!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 6:12 AM

Okay, so now they removed that message I got from them in the support forums. Guess they aren't planning on releasing an official statement anymore? Those bastards better give us our money back. I ordered mine for 12 euros now... I want my 50 euros from sellaband back. =(

2. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Some news, for those of you who didn't see my blog about the cd/dvd. I got mine at FYE for $26.99. It's a Cd/dvd set with a pretty epic packet. LOL the pictures are really funny. I listened to the cd and it is AMAZING. the Careless intro is beautiful, JD and Shenkar do a vocal thing that is out of this world. Whoever says JD doesn't have a vibrato better STFU after this. Here are the pictures of the album:
    JDSFA Union Chapel Box Set Front
    JDSFA Union Chapel Box Set back cover
    JDSFA Union Chapel Box Set Inside
    It's metallic and shiny!! I'm really sorry to all of you guys who did Sellaband. JD trusts Sellaband because in the packet he gives special thanks to everyone at Sellaband "for helping realize this project". He really should be doing something about this problem if he isn't trying now. I'm going to watch the dvd today. I expect awesomeosity.

Where do you go when no one's there? -I'm The One
    my korn banner

3. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Awesome korndawg!! I'm hoping to snag a copy from Amazon. :D

4. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 9:14 AM

After listening to the album and watching the dvd a couple of times, Im not too huge on it. I enjoy it, but I dont find it to be anything special. Probably because its a live album.
    "I tried peace, I tried love, I tried kind, I give up You don't hear, you don't feel, Now I'm here, and I'm real I gave you my blessings, You've failed from testings, I'll show you what death brings, Now feel how my wrath stings"

5. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 7:38 PM

I gave in and picked up the cd/dvd from hot topic on line... worth every penny! I've pretty much written off seeing anything from Sellaband.

6. Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 5:58 AM

I finally got the package from Sellaband last week. It had the same cd/dvd that was already available on line (that I have). An extra cover that had Sellaband info on it, and a poster of JD. Since I already got the cd/dvd, I just left the package together and it put away. We were suppose to get a small percent of sales, but I doubt that will ever happen... ever!. But, hey, lesson learned!

7. Moderator

Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 8:37 AM

I got my SellABand package yesterday...I love what I got....however it's missing the BluRay that I ordered. I'm hoping that it shows up eventually.
    Josie

8. gia avatar gia

Re: JDSFA (Jonathan Davis' solo project)

Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 5:02 PM

im happy with what i got either, it is what it is, its what i payed for, though the posters could be less folded hehe

Get the latest from Korn!