Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 9:19 AM

I guess a comeback was bound to happen. Do you think Limp Bizkit's new material will resonate with Korn fans like their old material once did? Let us know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReBr2n26YtE
It's like an orgasm for your ears

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 10:56 AM

I gotta be honest and say I think that track is awful

Oz ...be yourself, let you come through...

2. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 11:09 AM

I actually like the new album, its proof that if Limp Bizkit is to make good music, they need all the original band members. I thought Results Will Vary was pretty much garbage.
    -=[ Nothing in Life is to be Feared, Only Understood ]=-

3. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 11:14 AM

results may vary was indeed garbage.
    the new album is very well received right now. I also like it alot.
    My band :)
    www.myspace.com/dekadentaesthetix

4. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 12:37 PM

I think the lyrics in shotgun are cheesy. I do like the end of the song and wes borland's solo. I haven't heard the rest of the new bizkit cd though. It isn't released here in the states until tuesday.
    skornllex, I checked out your band. I cant get myspace to work on my ipad but I managed to find your tracks on youtube. Good stuff. How long have you been playing?
    It's like an orgasm for your ears

5. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Just heard the Gold Cobra record, and I think it blows to be honest.There`s just two songs that stands out and that`s Gold Cobra and Why Try.

I`d rather have a new Black Light Burns record for sure.
    BSC

6. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Shotgun sounds like a P.O.D ripoff.

7. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 10:54 AM

I haven't even hear this song i need to go on and hear it and see what i think
    but i doubt they are good as they use to be.
    I like there old stuff
    KornHivGurl

8. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 1:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60TZgAecdCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjQtDjV9eOQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK7hWxhAKh4

Here are a few songs off the new album. Shotgun isnt one of them. Give me your feedback.

Let's get this party started, I'm sick of being you

9. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 1:59 PM

Shawshank wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60TZgAecdCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buQRud05tAo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK7hWxhAKh4

Here are a few songs off the new album. Shotgun isnt one of them. Give me your feedback.

10. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 10:50 PM

I have been counting down till the release date. I have heard the album and it sounds good. LB tried touring last year and failed.
    Does it make me bad??

11. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 6:43 AM

There aren't many bands out there that I would brand as a joke. But Limp Bizkit is one of them. ICP is another, just to let you know what kind of level we're on here.

12. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Gold Cobra isn't that bad. I like the first two singles, "Shotgun" and "Gold Cobra". "Why Try" is probably the worst song on the album. Best song might be "Douchebag" or "Loser". I'm not a Lil Wayne fan but I'm surprised "Ready to Go" wasn't included. That was probably Limp Bizkit's only shot at getting an actual comeback on the charts. The album is doing well overseas, but it may not even debut in the top ten on Billboard. LB waited too long to release the album, and I have to admit, the new cover artwork is horrible. Why did they change it? This looked much better:

13. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 7:51 AM

JDM wrote:
    Gold Cobra isn't that bad. I like the first two singles, "Shotgun" and "Gold Cobra". "Why Try" is probably the worst song on the album. Best song might be "Douchebag" or "Loser". I'm not a Lil Wayne fan but I'm surprised "Ready to Go" wasn't included. That was probably Limp Bizkit's only shot at getting an actual comeback on the charts. The album is doing well overseas, but it may not even debut in the top ten on Billboard. LB waited too long to release the album, and I have to admit, the new cover artwork is horrible. Why did they change it? This looked much better:

Ah, yes. The masturbating chick on the proverbial gold cobra. Centerpiece of the disaster.

14. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:18 AM

Gold Cobra is easily one of LB's best albums. It's up there with 3$B'Y, SO and TUTP1.
    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

15. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 1:26 PM

I enjoyed Gold Cobra.
    Don't think it's one of their best albums, but it's a good one nonetheless.
    It has a very old-school vibe at points. I really enjoyed that.
    Love me some music.

16. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 6:27 PM

I dont know why gold cobra and shotgun are the songs they selected for singles. I would have gone with Douche Bag and Killer in You.

17. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 3:02 AM

I haven't really listened to their new album but I saw them live yesterday. I gotta say the new songs were pretty cool live. But then again that has always been the thing with LB for me. I think they are way better live than on record. The first LB album is the only one I listen to entirely from time to time. The other ones I just put in my Itunes-random-list and listen to some of the songs when they come around. I've totally missed out on the albums after Chocolate Starfish though. Lost my interest when Wes quit the band (I know he's back now).

18. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 5:00 PM

I think that the new material is okay but, it can not compare to significant other. The songs Shotgun and Golden Cobra are both stuck in my head. Hopefully, he will get a chance to tour this year. Last year they set up a tour for July and it bombed. I found out about when I was walking into the venue for the Ballroom Blitz. Before I could buy a ticket I heard that it was cancelled.
    Does it make me bad??

19. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Wes Borland saves Limp Bizkit.... Borland its a genuis!
    Costa Rica!!!!!!! presente

20. Re: Limp Bizkit: Still in the Family?

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 5:51 PM

stevenkorn wrote:
    Wes Borland saves Limp Bizkit.... Borland its a genuis!
    Costa Rica!!!!!!! presente

It's a shame really. Mike Smith is a great guitarist, he's no Wes Borland but he contributed some really good stuff to RMV, too bad that album has a lot of crap on it. Still, thank god that came out instead of Smelly Beaver, blech.

TUT(P1) is a phenomenal album, but I don't find anything special about Sammy Siegler's drumming on it, which is odd because the style is still similar to John Otto's, but noticeably different at the same time.

It seems Limp Bizkit is one of those bands that simply cannot succeed without their original core. Cuz when they're together they're incredible. You know minus CSatHFW, good job fucking that up Fred lol
    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

Newsletter Signup