Otep

Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 1:17 AM

http://www.otep.com/

As I said in another post, Otep Shamaya is like a female version of JD. She is one of the best female vocalists I have heard! Her songs are heavy, catchy and often controversial. She alternates between heavy growls and screams, to sweet melodic singing, to spoken word. She is an artist in every sense, her lyrics are very poetic and filled with representative imagery.

If you haven't checked out her music yet - DO ITTTT!!!! Now! Go go go go go!!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Otep

Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Aint`t no female singer that is even close to what she`s able to do...
    I know I don`t pray much, but I could really need your help now Superman

2. Re: Otep

Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Otep is a phenomenal woman! I admire her courage to Stand Up and Speak out strike back ..Don't be silent! Her poetry is as deep as her creativity and art. We need more women willing to speak out for the truth! Otep Shamaya helped me to realize that no matter if u are one person that it's up to you to shake things up. She inspired me to get up on my soapbox during the 08 election campaign..don't think I've stepped down either. lols
    As for the band...lols their music is deep, melodic, hard driving raw energy! One of my fav songs of theirs is Ghostflowers.

Always have been..Always will be jofish420 worldwide baby!

3. Re: Otep

Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 8:44 PM

I adore Otep, she is so amazing live. The way that she commands the stage is awesome.
    Does it make me bad??

4. Re: Otep

Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:53 PM

I would LOVE to see Otep live! Don't think she's ever been over to Australia though. :(

5. Re: Otep

Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Make up an eventful page and see where that takes you. You never know

Feronea wrote:
    I would LOVE to see Otep live! Don't think she's ever been over to Australia though. :(

Does it make me bad??

6. Re: Otep

Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Wow!!! I had not heard of this band before, but I remembered your face because you (Feronea) leave funny jokes on the joke page. So, I decided I would click here. A female JD, huh? I went to youtube and watched "Ghost Flowers." I sat here open-mouthed for five minutes. Amazing! The lyrics, the delivery, and the music : Legendary (Barney). Thanks, I have a new band-friend. Yay!
    mlukec

7. Re: Otep

Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Yeah she is incredible :) Glad you liked her music!!

8. Re: Otep

Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 7:36 PM

I like Otep but their live show was horrible. They headlined with The Birthday Massacre last year in Houston. I hadn't seen such a disappointing set since various side stage bands at Ozzfest 2003 (my first concert). People walked out after the first few songs at the Otep show.

9. Re: Otep

Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Well to be honest must say “Otep” is simply the best out of the rest. She contains such unique skills and that makes her special.
    Searching for reliable damp and damp proofing solutions.

10. Re: Otep

Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 7:12 PM

I LOVE OTEP!!!! my only girl crush i will EVER have lol

11. Re: Otep

Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 5:54 AM

I love Otep, and I'll never forget the first time I heard 'Jonestown Tea'. Chilling indeed.

12. Re: Otep

Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Ive loved Otep ever since there first album Sevas Tra, Chicks that can sing and hot are badass\m/ lol some of my fav songs are Blood Pig, Ghostflowers, and Confrontation among others, Ive seen her at Ozzfest 04 and the girl can yell lol

Newsletter Signup