Sin-Jin Smyth

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 10:25 PM

i have been waiting for this movie for years, and can now find parts on youtube, does anyone know if its been released or when its suppose to be released

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Sin-Jin Smyth

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 12:59 AM

I read the same, that it was cancelled. Hopefully, someone will decide to finish it. I'm sure Jon would be great in the movie

2. Re: Sin-Jin Smyth

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 7:17 AM

Weird sh**, while watching tv yesterday I heard the name Sinjin twice. One was a murderer/rapist using that as a screen name. The other was something about a US beach volleyball champ whose name is: Sinjin Smith...with an "i". Random.

3. Re: Sin-Jin Smyth

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 9:48 AM

We'll just have to make do with him ticket touting in QOTD ; )

4. Re: Sin-Jin Smyth

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 7:49 AM

His appearance in "Seeing Other People" is pretty good, too. Way less brief. :-)

"GODDAMN GOLFCLUB!"

5. Re: Sin-Jin Smyth

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Man I wish Jonathan got more movie roles.
    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

6. Re: Sin-Jin Smyth

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 10:51 PM

RemoveTheVirus wrote:
    Man I wish Jonathan got more movie roles.

Me too! I'm so disappointed Sinjin Smyth isn't coming out... especially with all the hype over it I think the movie would surely make a profit.

7. Re: Sin-Jin Smyth

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 10:55 PM

He also played a store clerk in a movie called The Still Life. Another small role but again, not as brief as QotD

8. Re: Sin-Jin Smyth

Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 7:26 AM

Feronea wrote:
    He also played a store clerk in a movie called The Still Life. Another small role but again, not as brief as QotD

Oh yea I always forget about that one!

9. Re: Sin-Jin Smyth

Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 10:21 AM

It was scary as fuck, too... I wonder how he landed the part

10. Re: Sin-Jin Smyth

Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:35 AM

cuz Jonathan can be scary as fuck lol

11. Re: Sin-Jin Smyth

Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 12:03 AM

damn that sucks ive been. ive been waiting for five years, and those youtube videos totally got my hopes up

12. Re: Sin-Jin Smyth

Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 6:43 PM

They threw out the old script. Its now called Sin Jin
    Does it make me bad??

13. Re: Sin-Jin Smyth

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Twist wrote:
    His appearance in "Seeing Other People" is pretty good, too. Way less brief. :-)

"GODDAMN GOLFCLUB!"

hahaha one of those guys in the BG reminds me of loc :P

14. Re: Sin-Jin Smyth

Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 6:38 AM

goddamn rubber golf club...LOL!

I hope they finish it... with all the remake movies out there, it'd be nice to see an original movie, with JD of course... I would think it could open a whole new door for him as well!

15. RE: Sin-Jin Smyth

Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 2:49 AM

Hi, I'm new to the site but an old fan. I just found this quote online from http://slashermania.tripod.com/html/news.html:
    ..."The script got quite a bit of heat earlier in the year when it was on the sales block but different Studio and Production Company Executives wanted to make "Hollywood changes" like: casting kids off the Warner Bros. Network orÉa feel good ending! One Exec even suggested tacking on an exorcism because "that's big right now!"

So the rights were retained by writer ETHAN DETTENMAIER (a working script doctor based in Los Angeles) and he set out to direct. (He recently made the comment "I'm tired of watching Hollywood recycle good material into shit!" and continued, "We want to make this dark and kick your teeth in" ---the rest of the text is unfit to print)."
    As much as I agree with him about Hollyweird's " recycling program?" LOL....and as much as I LOVE him leaving it dark and not agreeing to soften it up...... This leaves me sad and confused! I heard it was due out this Halloween. I hope that's the case but if it's not at least it wasn't due to funding. I have to respect a guy who throws all his money at a dream but will not sacrifice his vision, his art, at the command of a pack of suits in an office though. Even if that means I don't see it I suppose. :( Anyway, I'm Amy and I'm glad to be amongst my kind! Long live KoRn and our KoRn family!

16. RE: Sin-Jin Smyth

Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 4:48 AM

Saw this comment by Roddy on wiki:

Star Roddy Piper recently said to Fangoria about the film, "They keep hyping it like it’s gonna come out, and it’s just not finished, and I don’t like the fact that they’re using my name. I was talking to Richard Tyson about it, saying, ‘You know, I’m just gonna pull it off the market.’ But he said, ‘Leave it out there, because you never know—they might come around,’ so we decided to see what the director and his people can do to get it back up. They spent all their money, and they didn’t have a completion bond—so I hear, anyway."

I think it's going to be along time, if ever.

17. Re: Sin-Jin Smyth

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 6:36 PM

I heard quite a while ago that it wasn't going to be released..
    ~C'est la vie

18. Re: Sin-Jin Smyth

Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 9:46 AM

I guess they decided to rewrite it but, its now called Sin Jin..

KornOnTheKob wrote:
    I heard quite a while ago that it wasn't going to be released..
    ~C'est la vie

Does it make me bad??

19. RE: Sin-Jin Smyth

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I cant even find it on youtube!!!!!

20. Moderator

Re: Sin-Jin Smyth

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM

This film was never released and from what I understand has no plans of ever being released.
    Moderator, Korn.com/JDevil.com

Administrator/Co-founder of KornRow.com

Get the latest from Korn!