TPOT's first week sales predictions!

Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 1:54 AM

So HitsDailyDouble.com have predicted POT to sell 40 - 50k in its first week putting it at #6 on the billboard 200. KIII went in at #2 with 63,000. Untitled also went in at #2 but with 123,000, and SYOTOS at #3 with 222,000.

So it's pretty clear that album sales have went tremendously down for Korn but I dont think it matters. It just sucks a little that it's selling so low cuz it's such an awesome album. I honestly think it will be a slow burner and sell over time; it has to eventualy outsell KIII with the success of Get Up! and NC; and not to mention all the great attetntion and reviews its been getting. I think the sells will get up there with Untitled. What do you guys think?

Heres a link: http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news08793m01

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: TPOT's first week sales predictions!

Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 11:24 AM

I think it sold 182K worldwide. But could be wrong.
    www.myspace.com/centrifuse
    http://soundcloud.com/sean106ocd
    http://www.seanydiesel.com/munky.htm
    www.twitter.com/sean106OCD

"All reflections look the same
    In the shine of the midnight revolver"

2. Moderator

Re: TPOT's first week sales predictions!

Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 12:35 PM

It sold 82,000 worldwide:

Global Album Chart

3. Re: TPOT's first week sales predictions!

Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 5:11 AM

"fans" who are blowing off this album are really loosing out! I love it, I can hear alot of old school korn in there... even a little JD scat, which I miss! They can't keep playing or making the same sound as the old days... or people would just bitch cause it's the same old stuff. No matter what they do...someone has something to complain about, but they'll always win with me! I love the TPOT album and can't wait for more!

4. Re: TPOT's first week sales predictions!

Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 6:06 PM

At the end of the day, it really just matters what you think about it. Albums sales only would really matter if it were a band that only care about $, and would break up if album sales were unsatisfactory. I can say with confidence that Korn is not one of those kind of band. I'm not trying to be rude, it is great that fans want the most success for the band they love. I just think it is not something to spend time being concerned over, because Korn is there for the fans that care, thats all that really matters.

5. Re: TPOT's first week sales predictions!

Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 5:59 PM

155,000 copies sold in the US thus far. They should get ready to release a new single.

6. Re: TPOT's first week sales predictions!

Wed, May 23, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Seems like it has done fairly well, but usually when there is a dramatic change in the sound it's either hit or miss with certain fans...they gain some new, lose some of the old, but as long as they are doing what they want to do that's all that matters.

Newsletter Signup