Everything worth paying attention to

Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 1:50 AM

I'm sure you all know the feeling when you come across something that is so good you just have to recommend it to everyone .
So recommend everything (people, music, videos, web pages) that must be seen.

I'll start with:
1. Derren Brown - Dubbed a 'psychological illusionist' by the Press, Derren Brown is a performer who combines magic, suggestion, psychology, misdirection and showmanship in order to seemingly predict and control human behaviour, as well as performing mind-bending feats of mentalism.
I just love that man. Watch first some of his earlier shows.
http://derrenbrown.co.uk/

2. http://maddox.xmission.com/

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Everything worth paying attention to

Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Nine Inch Nails
    Nine Inch Nails is the musician name of Trent Reznor. This artist has 8 phenomenal albums worth of rock and metal as well as three incredibly well documented major tour DVDs. Among being one of the only successful self-marketed artists, he has jump started the careers of several other very fantastic artists and is easily one of the most important people in music today.

He has composed the soundtrack to the movie "The Social Network" as well the game Quake and is currently working on the soundtrack for the remake of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo", as well as working with his other band How to Destroy Angels.

Now is the perfect time to get into this fantastic artists so that you can scoop up all of his amazing work very quickly and then cry with me that you won't be getting any more albums for a long time because he retired :(
    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

2. Re: Everything worth paying attention to

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:00 AM

http://www.ashesandsnow.org

Absolutely beautiful African photography that displays a unique harmony between people and animals. A must see for anyone with a love for art/photography/animals

3. Re: Everything worth paying attention to

Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Mindless Self Indulgence

I know, who doesn't know about this band, but you'd be surprised how many people are in the dark. I personally only found out about them three years ago, and really got into them last year. They're an awesome infusion of industrial, punk, and a tinge of hip-hop flair. What's unique about MSI is...well, just the insanity of it all. Songs are short. Way short. Usually about two minutes, though some are even shorter. The music is all over the place, full of programmed drums, 8-bit sound effects, and quick guitars. The lyrical content...well, that has to be heard to believed. Check out Mindless Self Indulgence, and learn to love Little Jimmy Urine in all of his insane glory.

Also, check out the Left Rights. Two out of four MSI members, making music that, in a very surprising way, is even crazier than the original.

4. Re: Everything worth paying attention to

Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 7:28 AM

Fantastic band^

I guess people don't care about things lol

"Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

5. Re: Everything worth paying attention to

Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I know it's a little strange, but I've been getting into Tornados a lot lately. They fascinate me and they're one of the most deadliest things on our planet so yes, I feel that they should be paid close attention to. I can sit for hours and watch them. There are many things to know about tornados that a lot of people don't even notice. Like for instance, many people think that an f5 (now called ef5) is 2-4 miles long. That isn't the case, they base tornados on the amount of destruction it causes. If it's an ef5 that is in country and doesn't destroy anything much, then it's considered a one or a zero even though it miles wide. I don't know why I've been getting into them lately because they scare the living hell out of me but, yes...I think they should be paid more attention to because of the lives that can be saved if we do. I go to a few sites and watch these massive monsters just rip apart buildings, trees and many other things like they're nothing. I feel so bad for people who get hit by them. I watch live storm chasers on the net too, haven't gotten to see one yet where it happens then and there but there are many videos online where you can see the majestic beasts form. My favorite site is tornadoalleylive.com but I go to many of them. You tube, of course, has some amazing film as well. Tornados scare the living fuck out of me, maybe I died in a tornado in my past life, I don't know. I love watching them online, to see one up close and personal would be a total rush but, not so sure I have the guts. Also, you ever see what they drive to chase them? It's crazy.

Also, dolphins should be paid more attention to because they're just so damn cute. :)

6. Re: Everything worth paying attention to

Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 12:59 PM

7. RE: Everything worth paying attention to

Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 3:38 PM

To anyone who considers comics to be a lower art form - read Neil Gaiman's collection of graphic novels, entitled "The Sandman".

8. Re: Everything worth paying attention to

Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Most of you heard of you heard of this band but it's Called COLD and they are lead by Scooter Ward he is a freaking amazing songwriter. Most of songs seem really emotional, but they put me in a better mood all the time. My two Favorite songs by them is In My Mind, Black Sunday. Check them out!

9. Re: Everything worth paying attention to

Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Frightened Rabbit from Scotland are pretty awesome. Check them out.
    Fairynuff's favourite saying is "She's Bang Tidy. I'm gonna smash her back doors in!!!!"

10. Re: Everything worth paying attention to

Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 6:00 PM

dredg

I just discovered last year is an amazing under-rated band. Strong for over a decade, with concept albums, alternative-rock, and genre breaking titles. I highly recommend this band if you are into Deftones, U2, or Korn.

It feels like something...no, it's nothing

11. Re: Everything worth paying attention to

Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:02 AM

thanx

kornrocks

Get the latest from Korn!