Views on Christmas?

Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 9:22 AM

I almost loathe it every year. What about you guys?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Views on Christmas?

Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 10:14 PM

you mean " Capitalist-mas " ?

its more of a BUY SHIT YOU DONT NEED kinda holiday, ey?

It feels like something...no, it's nothing

2. Re: Views on Christmas?

Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 5:07 PM

I like Christmas bc ppl seem happier and all the decorative lights are cool. Its a nice precursor to New Years! It also reminds me (bc I truly beleive) that Jesus died for me so that I could have eternal life. For many ppl, including us christians, we forget why Christmas is so special and focus only on the gift factor, which is sad..and just a plain SUPERFICIAL reason to EVEN celebrate Christmas. I mean WTF?!

Photobucket

3. Re: Views on Christmas?

Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 7:49 AM

I like Gifts
    New Orleans Is A Dying Whore

4. Re: Views on Christmas?

Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Honestly, this was probably one of the first years that I wasn't really feeling the "Christmas spirit" at all. I think companies have finally achieved what they've always wanted by manufacturing it into a materialistic scam absent of all meaning.

I'm not a religious person, but I do believe Christmas should things other than, "Oh shit, have to go out and get gifts for all these assholes since they got me something."

5. RE: Views on Christmas?

Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I agree. This year my Christmas was not the way i imagined and was quite boring. The spirit of Christmas was shockingly missing

6. Cyn avatar Cyn

Re: Views on Christmas?

Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 11:11 AM

i don't believe in Christ-mas as the birth of Christ. Santa coming for the kids is cool but the winter solstice is worth celebrating.
    pure Cyn

Newsletter Signup