Jon v. Obama

Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 3:00 AM

I'm going to preface this by saying, "If this isn't a stickied post on this forum, then it should be."

I have been a painfully loyal KoRn fan since Issues. I know that sounds like "wow, next thing you'll tell me you've been enjoying air since birth, right?" Sorry. I didn't know about the band at all until a friend invited me to a concert (at the ripe old age of 13). (Saw my first live breasts there. Sick and Twisted indeed, props, aw yeah, good job).

All that aside, I was hooked from that exposure. The music was amazing. The visuals were amazing. Afterward I listened to every song like it was being played at such a venue, every time. It's a powerful feeling for a young, naive teen.

For over a decade I've been able to enjoy Korn's music because it had branded me since youth. I didn't care. This shit was awesome.

Then I saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9eOaSQwuI

What the hell? Is Jonathan Davis a closet republican or a crackpot? The latter is much more acceptable, but I wish someone could tell him to take a step back and think.

Less than a year ago, I heard he was going to DJ a local gig and I nearly lost my shit. Now I think he's a robot with bad programming.

Any thoughts? Any justifications?

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Jon v. Obama

Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I doubt JD is looking to influence anyone. Everyone needs to do their own due diligence in researching their candidates before casting their own vote. Responsible due diligence should go beyond what one's favorite "talking head" or celebrity would have to say.

2. RE: Jon v. Obama

Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Where are you from Gausslaw? KoRn fans are not shy.

I find it pecuilar you are hiding. No reference as to where you live what is up with that?

Hopefully, I deleted my reply to your post before your own personal eyes read it. I feel stupid, you could be a snake in the grass?????? I am cautious as a serpent and sly as a fox or maybe I am just smoking too much crack. NOT

Sorry guy's, I had to say it, I further have to say this, merely for the fact, I am allowing this clowns words to get to me, I LOVE JD, I love the fact he is not dense to the fact as to what is going on in our precious country and had the fucking balls to expose it, therefore, DRAMA, DRAMA READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!

Quoting your words Gausslaw , "I'm going to preface this by saying, "If this isn't a stickied post on this forum, then it should be." You got your wish!

Jonathan Davis is not taking things "Way too Far" YOU are a "Narcissistic Cannibal"
    Any thoughts? Any justifications? Fucking Asshole!

3. RE: Jon v. Obama

Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 7:32 PM

The fuck...

4. RE: Jon v. Obama

Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I'd love to know who Jonathan Davis endorses (if any) for president. So far judging his ideas of the spooky conspiracy theories (Illuminati, ect) he might support Ron Paul, or perhaps an independent candidate..

5. RE: Jon v. Obama

Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Wind Dancer wrote:
    Where are you from Gausslaw? KoRn fans are not shy.

I find it pecuilar you are hiding. No reference as to where you live what is up with that?

I find it peculiar that you're so desperate to undermine the OP by attacking something so insignificant as whether or not they've divulged their location on an internet forum. It's distracted nobody from the validity of the OP's post though.

Hopefully, I deleted my reply to your post before your own personal eyes read it. I feel stupid, you could be a snake in the grass?????? I am cautious as a serpent and sly as a fox or maybe I am just smoking too much crack. NOT

You make no sense.

Sorry guy's, I had to say it, I further have to say this, merely for the fact, I am allowing this clowns words to get to me, I LOVE JD, I love the fact he is not dense to the fact as to what is going on in our precious country and had the fucking balls to expose it, therefore, DRAMA, DRAMA READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!

Given that JD has previously opined about such nonsense as a NWO excuse me if I find his ranting about politics somewhat lacking in any relevance. He's exposed fuck all except the fact he's willing to tow a party line without putting any thought into it.

Quoting your words Gausslaw , "I'm going to preface this by saying, "If this isn't a stickied post on this forum, then it should be." You got your wish!

Y NO MAKE NO SENSE?!

Jonathan Davis is not taking things "Way too Far" YOU are a "Narcissistic Cannibal" Any thoughts? Any justifications? Fucking Asshole!

Do you have any concept of coherency?

6. RE: Jon v. Obama

Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I find it peculiar that you're so desperate to undermine the OP by attacking something so insignificant as whether or not they've divulged their location on an internet forum. It's distracted nobody from the validity of the OP's post though.

Good point well taken! However, I am not desperate to undermine anything or desperate for ANYTHING-only KoRN Actually, what I found to be quite significant is the fact the OP (?) posted his topic with 13 hours of registering with KoRn, which, I personally found to be quite distasteful; shows a lot of love towards the band and the man (JD) who he claims to adore all these years, I feel one would be more apt to ask questions than assuming anything about JD polictical viewpoints or even doing a DJ job locally, who cares!

You make no sense.

Of course it would make no sense, because you and probably many others did not read my initial reply, which was actually, quite good and made a lot sense to the human mind (maybe not yours-one insult deserves another don't you think); however, I chose to delete it, because I do not know this person or anyone else for that matter. In other words "Trust" is a big issue, I really have no desire to expose myself in this way. While I have my beliefs and stand firm towards them, I really do not want any attention drawn to me, but just in case you are wondering this all right though exposing myself in this way. I am just a twisted woman in a fucked up world, "The sane appear as strange to the mad as the mad to the sane."

Given that JD has previously opined about such nonsense as a NWO excuse me if I find his ranting about politics somewhat lacking in any relevance. He's exposed fuck all except the fact he's willing to tow a party line without putting any thought into it.

Actually, I did not even pay attention to
    his ranting about politics
    (as you put it) in the video nor in his new song, "Illuminati." I am not a polictical person, I think they all are assholes with different faces, so there you have it, but what JD talks about concerning 'One Goverment,' (NWO) is what I am intrigued with and am quite educated on. Time will tell if you are correct in your assumption that NWO is nonsense, but in case your assumption is incorrect, maybe you can compare it to the Darwin Therory, THE BIG BANG, and remember me.

Y NO MAKE NO SENSE?!

I do make sense, he got his wish, suckered you right in did it not? Even though, you chose to cap on me, instead of giving him your 'thoughts or justification' to him.

Do you have any concept of coherency?

Yeah, I have concept of coherency obviously, but it is quite apparent you are an individual with tunnel vision and with binders on, but I am quite confident you can key in your focus in on this: KISS MY ASS!

7. RE: Jon v. Obama

Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 8:32 PM

he OP (?) posted his topic with 13 hours of registering with KoRn, which, I personally found to be quite distasteful; shows a lot of love towards the band and the man (JD) who he claims to adore all these years,

To the contrary, it's controversy that sparks thought and discussion rather than full agreement. I could entirely see how one wouldn't feel the need to connect to a fanbase if they were content with the music alone, but when a member starts acting erratically, they would turn to the community for thoughts and answers.

OP means original poster.

8. RE: Jon v. Obama

Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Thank you, I appreciate your reply! In addition to the definintion of OP.

9. RE: Jon v. Obama

Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Please have some patience with me, I don't know a lot about this topic. Recently, I've seen JDevil live and the opening whatever-that-was, was talking about Obama and the significance of his name. I might not make much sense, but I don't fully understand one concept. If Jonathan is against Illuminati, why does he keep doing this triangle sign with his hands, which is no less than a sign of Illuminatis. Can anyone explain that to me, please?
    "Become good at cheating and you never need to become good at anything."

10. RE: Jon v. Obama

Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 4:53 PM

You guys really need to keep your music and your politics separate! I dropped Rolling Stone magazine because of all the political bullshit. Are you going to stop listening to all musicians who vote republican? You'll miss a lot of good music. How about Jews? Or gays? Dude, just enjoy the music.

11. RE: Jon v. Obama

Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM

On the Cob wrote:
    You guys really need to keep your music and your politics separate! I dropped Rolling Stone magazine because of all the political bullshit. Are you going to stop listening to all musicians who vote republican? You'll miss a lot of good music. How about Jews? Or gays? Dude, just enjoy the music.

agree with that..
    Art Saves

12. RE: Jon v. Obama

Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Hey, I just asked a question because I was curious, not because I want to use it against Jonathan I wouldn't stop listening to Korn even if Mr.Davis would turn out be Illuminati o.O

13. RE: Jon v. Obama

Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 12:54 PM

On the Cob wrote:
    Are you going to stop listening to all musicians who vote republican? You'll miss a lot of good music. How about Jews? Or gays? Dude, just enjoy the music.

That's not really comparable. Race and sexuality aren't chosen, political opinions are. And yes, I will judge a man by the things he says and the opinions he holds. in this case JD is a nutjob.

14. RE: Jon v. Obama

Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 8:03 AM

misanthrope wrote:
    On the Cob wrote:
    Are you going to stop listening to all musicians who vote republican? You'll miss a lot of good music. How about Jews? Or gays? Dude, just enjoy the music.

That's not really comparable. Race and sexuality aren't chosen, political opinions are. And yes, I will judge a man by the things he says and the opinions he holds. in this case JD is a nutjob.

I sell used Cds for a living. I had a customer tell me that he won't listen to any jews and he gave me a book called "Jews Who Rock" and said I shouldn't listen to them! A few examples in the book are Kiss, Anthrax, NOFX, Jane's Addiction, Dylan, The Doors, Guns n' Roses (Slash), Twisted Sister and many more!

Some known Republican Rockers include Dave Mustaine, Ted Nugent, Alice Cooper, Kid Rock & Johnny Ramone (deceased). I like all of them except Kid Rock.

I just don't understand someone having a fit because, apparently, JD is not going to vote for Obama. I'm not going to vote for Obama either.

Also, while I've never noticed JD make a triangle symbol, the triangle has more than one meaning. :)

To sum up what I'm trying to say is that you will never agree with all of your favorite musicians views. Just enjoy the music and accept that. For example, I have worked with Ted Nugent when he DJ'd for 102.7 The Bear (After Z-rock folded) and the man is a conceited, arrogant, animal abusing, unappreciative ass! But I still think he plays a mean axe.

All JMO!

15. RE: Jon v. Obama

Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Hanabi, to answer your question... Mr.Davis' view on the Illuminati has been rather unclear. From what I gather, he says his family has been part of the Illuminati, and in chat he said that he's been groomed to be a Freemason from the age of 12.

... make what you will of that.

He also says he supports them, but somehow shows contempt for them by saying that Obama is their puppet... which one would assume to be a good thing from his point of view.

It's all rather convoluted.

16. RE: Jon v. Obama

Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 10:29 AM

And On the Cob, part of the tradition of being someone's fan is a certain level of involvement in their personal lives. I think of the music and the person making it as two separate entities, so my dislike for the musician doesn't affect my enjoyment of the music.

Your anti-Semitic customer was a bigot and an idiot. If he missed out on those bands, it's his loss. But paying attention to a musician's political opinions doesn't mean it will invalidate your musical experience. Some bands, namely with punk roots, are grounded in those opinions, and in that case their viewpoints can help inform and enhance your experience of their music.

JD's decision to vote is his, regardless of whether or not I agree with it. I don't think it's reasonable to quit listening to the music over that, but neither is it reasonable to turn a blind eye and deaf ear to a musician's political stance if you choose to be informed about the rest of their private lives.

The triangle symbol has been flashed rather often these days, and I would be extraordinarily surprised if it turned out to have some other meaning other than the one the OP assigned to it.

17. RE: Jon v. Obama

Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
    Hanabi, to answer your question... Mr.Davis' view on the Illuminati has been rather unclear. From what I gather, he says his family has been part of the Illuminati, and in chat he said that he's been groomed to be a Freemason from the age of 12.

... make what you will of that.

He also says he supports them, but somehow shorts contempt for them by saying that Obama is their puppet... which one would assume to be a good thing from his point of view.

It's all rather convoluted.

I see, thank you.

To be honest, I'm really confused by his beliefs, so I guess I'll just stick to his music.

18. RE: Jon v. Obama

Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:23 AM

The Illuminati are very much real. Jonathan is wise to see this.

19. RE: Jon v. Obama

Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 5:41 PM

zandrolox wrote:
    The Illuminati are very much real. Jonathan is wise to see this.

I agree.

An excellent musician (JD) has shown me I am not crazy after all, but quite sane. For me, it makes a difference in my world knowing some else out there knows what is happening.

"Men are not the only ones who love Hummers"

I love you Kashmir!

20. RE: Jon v. Obama

Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 10:50 AM

The Illuminati, if they exist, are by definition covert, Therefore, by default it is impossible to accumulate enough evidence to prove their existence or relevance in world affairs.

Talking about being in a secret organization is laughable.

Get the latest from Korn!