Meeting Korn & your experiance~

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I won tickets for a meet & greet by a contest from the 97.1 The Eagle "Questions for Korn" I was one of the lucky winners, Munk Kimberly NORTON instead of NORMAN, but that's not that bad.. you can see it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyK0L35RonE
I won 2 tickets, so I had to find a guest. My boyfriend, lamely said he had to work, so the only person who had the time to come was an old friend from high school. She liked Korn back in the day, but I wanted someone to experience meeting my favorite band with me (I should of just found someone waiting in l of the show, someone who would appretiate it:/ )
Anyway, when it was time, all the people who bought the passes online for the meet & greet and us Eagal winners were lined up as the band made their waygn our posters. *The bouncers said NO pics, a sucked*
JD was the first to make his round. My chick friend was first, she's a hottie & dressed as so, "Hi!" she said, Jonathan was really sweer & even padded her on the sholder. I was next, wearing my Untouchables hoodie and all. I was so "starstruck" my favorite singer, I said nothing... therefore- I guess- Jonathan said nothing back... He just signed my poster & went to the next guy, who him up... I was kinda disappointed and heartbroke.
Munkey was next & was the coolest one to meet next to Ray. He signed my Ibanez poster. "I hope the bouncer doesnt see I sneaked this in for you to sign.. they said they would kick anyone out who did or takes pics" Munk repiled, " I won't let them kick you out." That made my night :) Fieldy, who did't really seem to wanna be there, he was silent. Last, but not least was Ray, "You from Dallas?...I love this city" He was really cool & nice.

All in all, with my experience, if you meet your favorite band/actor/idol- say something, anything. Because if you don't, like me, you will always regret your silence & wonder what they would of said. This was probably the only time I will meet my favorite band.

Anyone have any stories to share?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Meeting Korn & your experiance~

Sat, May 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM

the first time i met jonathan was in my small town at kmart in 2004 i would write everything here but it's so long lol, i have a blog that tells about it. first time i met fieldy and david was at the back to basics tour in 2003, first time meeting munk was at the greatest hits tour in 2004, first time i met head wasn't until his first solo tour in 2007 and first time i met ray was at jonathans first jdsfa show in las vegas, i forget what year, i'm getting old. i have probably met them all except head and david, at least 10 or 15 more times since then, i don't really consider it meeting anymore haha. i have lots of one of a kind experiences too with korn, out of every fan i've ever met, i do consider myself one of the luckiest korn fans in the world, if not the luckiest, but in the end we are all lucky because korn is the shit, we love them and they love us.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

2. Re: Meeting Korn & your experiance~

Tue, May 14, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I'll share my first time experience meeting someone from the band, when i was 16.

It was in 2004, the last night of the Projekt Revolution tour. Munky was on the side of the stage watching one of the bands (I think it was Less Than Jake), he looked out into the crowd and i did the metal horns sign and he did it back. and later he was interacting with me throughout Korn's whole set. funny thing is, i was on Head/Fieldy's side of the crowd.

after the show i went out near the tour buses and waited around for maybe 15 minutes before a golf cart packed with people, including Munky, came riding by. Munky saw me, pointed at me and shouted "IT'S HIM!!!!!".

They parked by the tour bus, which was about 30 feet away from me. Munky got out, ran up to me and gave me a hug. really blew my mind back then. awesome dude.

3. Re: Meeting Korn & your experiance~

Sat, May 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM

^munk has a guy crush on this guy, it's pretty funny hahah

4. Re: Meeting Korn & your experiance~

Sat, May 18, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Wow well my story sucks compared to the one by Chamber, and its not even a "M&G" but i loved it so ...
    We walked in ROTR yesterday (5-17-13) and there was not many people up front so we got to the gate and stayed. ALLLLLL freakin day, but thats another story ..lol During love and death my wife seen Moneky on the side of the stage watching head. So i just kept staring at him and noone knew he was there. So when he finally looked at the crowd I through up devil horns and he trough a peace sign at me!!! I was pretty freakn stoked about that! Meet and great would have been so awesome. But being waved at by monkey knowing it was directed at me and me alone, that was pretty freakin awesome too!!!

5. RE: Meeting Korn & your experiance~

Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Question: For the Plantinum VIP Experience, can you bring outside items for the band to sign?? I would like to bring in my guitar for them to all sign, but I have no idea if this is allowed or not. Thanks!

6. Re: Meeting Korn & your experiance~

Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Yes I second that question?
    W.T.F.W.K.D?

7. Re: Meeting Korn & your experiance~

Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Hell to the FUCKIN YEAH SH3LLz!!!!!

sH3LLz wrote:
    the first time i met jonathan was in my small town at kmart in 2004 i would write everything here but it's so long lol, i have a blog that tells about it. first time i met fieldy and david was at the back to basics tour in 2003, first time meeting munk was at the greatest hits tour in 2004, first time i met head wasn't until his first solo tour in 2007 and first time i met ray was at jonathans first jdsfa show in las vegas, i forget what year, i'm getting old. i have probably met them all except head and david, at least 10 or 15 more times since then, i don't really consider it meeting anymore haha. i have lots of one of a kind experiences too with korn, out of every fan i've ever met, i do consider myself one of the luckiest korn fans in the world, if not the luckiest, but in the end we are all lucky because korn is the shit, we love them and they love us.

W.T.F.W.K.D?

8. Re: Meeting Korn & your experiance~

Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 3:43 AM

first met KoRn after my first gig, like a fanboy we waited outside the tour bus in the cold for them to come out the back stage, munky said hello but that was it n JD was quickly hurried into the bus, Ray came out and spoke with us for about 45mins he was so nice and really made an effort, signed my ticket and my forehead, which was apparently the first time he'd done that lol

also got tickets to see them in Birmingham in the uk, then VIP packages became available, thought about it for a couple of days as they are pretty pricey but thought fuck it, will probs be the one and only chance to meet the band ive loved for so long, the meet and greet was alright, got a load of stuff signed, a quick hello with the band members and photos, although JD didn't do any, it was a lot of money for some signed shit n a handshake, would have been better if you was able to have at least a small conversation with them, although Munky and Ray both complimented me on my old hoody lol i definatly don't regret it it was great to meet the band and i have my photos and signed shit, the prices are crazy though lol
    Look into my eyes, I am free
    your just a wanna-be!!

9. Re: Meeting Korn & your experiance~

Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I've met David, Fieldy, Munky, Head in the past way back when. The I met Ray a few years ago when he became part of Korn. JD has always alluded me. One time he left a signing early, other times security wouldnt let us near the bus, all diff reasons. I've seen Korn 47 times, would have thought id have met him by now, but its never come to pass. Thats why I'm totally beyond excited to have the VIP for NYC coming up. Finally my chance to meet all the guys again and JD finally. A true bucketlist moment for me.
    CHRIS STORM

10. Re: Meeting Korn & your experiance~

Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 9:51 AM

47 times? impressive!
    Look into my eyes, I am free
    your just a wanna-be!!

11. Re: Meeting Korn & your experiance~

Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Thanks! Some really crazy shows too. Lots of injuries, but I wouldn't trade the memories for anything!
    CHRIS STORM

12. Re: Meeting Korn & your experiance~

Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I met Head at one of his book signings when he first left the band. I felt like I was meeting God. lol. I went up and talked to him and was shaking I was so nervous. He was really cool. I stayed and waited for everyone to leave so I could talk to him again. He probably thought I was a weirdo but he was really cool. Definitely a highlight for me. I hope I get a chance to meet all of them one day. Funny thing is, I bought a book for my sister and had him sign it with "To Angie: Your butt stinks." We still have the book and I still tease her about it.

13. Re: Meeting Korn & your experiance~

Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Awesome. Congrats for getting VIP , Chris. Good luck :0

CHRIS STORM wrote:
    I've met David, Fieldy, Munky, Head in the past way back when. The I met Ray a few years ago when he became part of Korn. JD has always alluded me. One time he left a signing early, other times security wouldnt let us near the bus, all diff reasons. I've seen Korn 47 times, would have thought id have met him by now, but its never come to pass. Thats why I'm totally beyond excited to have the VIP for NYC coming up. Finally my chance to meet all the guys again and JD finally. A true bucketlist moment for me.

Does it make me bad??

14. Re: Meeting Korn & your experiance~

Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I've never actually met them, but I have seen them live once.
    I will never run away...

15. Re: Meeting Korn & your experiance~

Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I'm saving up money right now to go to the concert in Philly and get VIP and I really hope I don't freeze up when I meet them, especially JD. If I said something that made him smile or something or he hugged me I think I would die lol.

Get the latest from Korn!