Replies to This Posting

1. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Questionable Choices wrote:
    It is easy to forgive someone, have you never said anything in anger that you regret?

Well of course I have! I'm sorry but I just don't have the same opinion as you guys and I don't care if I'm a new fan or not; I could give a shit less about that. I think if you've come to know the band, been to their shows, know their history, and follow them then you are a true fan! I don't think it matters if you didn't know them back in the day; just because you didn't see them live with the original five doesn't make you a "new fan". I've been listening to Korn since 2002 and know them and their history just as well as any old fan would. I go to shows, buy all their albums, and all that so don't tell me I'm not a true fan just becuase I didn't witness them live back in the day. They still put on kick ass shows if you ask me. You guys are just way too caught up in nostalgia!!! KoRn are not and will never be the band they were 20 years ago. There will never be another Self Titled or Life Is Peachy. Just get in the now with KoRn and enjoy them while we still have them.

And as far as David goes, I'm sorry but he has lost my respect. David isn't saying these things out of anger; he's saying them because he's a straight up ass. He doesn't care about the "family vibe's" or being friends or the music; if he did he would've reached out to them instead of talking shit about them and stirring shit up; Head never did that now did he, No, and now look, he is back! All david cares about is that big fat paycheck he knows he'll be getting if he were to return for a reunion tour. That's why he is so desperately trying to get back in; but he has messed that up for himself. Why would Korn replace Ray; a perfectly talented drummer who is probably the most coolest down to earth guy; with an egotistical asshole...why would they bring that energy into the band now when they are doing good right now with Head, there is no tension in the band at all. Yes, David was an original member of Korn and I appreciate the music he helped create for us but it was pretty evident that he was losing passion for the band! His drumming got weaker in the studio and he got lazier playing live! And Korn never replaced Head, yes they had several touring guitars but none of them were made official members like Ray. Ray is Korn's drummer now. I'm sorry guys but that's just how I see it. And I'm done because I agree we are all family and it is childish for us to be sitting here fighting with each other about it when at the end of the day it's all down to Korn. It's their decision on what to do; it's their business! Let them deal with it.

2. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 7:39 PM

If David gets his act together everything will be okay, I'm not against David, I'm not against Ray and I'm not against anyone who has a different opinion about this. I love them both & I respect all of you

You guys are all my KoRn Family
    Let's keep the peace and squash the bullshit
    I also think David should apologize to Korn Row as well
    He was wrong for accusing the site

Team JD

3. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Plus he should to reach out to Korn, it's up to them to make a decision

4. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 9:15 PM

meh its not our decesion anywayz

i guess its up to JD MUNK and Filedy on who can and cannot be in there band its there band they can do whatever they want .......

5. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I think David needs to reach out to KoRn and apologize for everything he said and did. He is human and I am sure if he admits his faults he could be forgiven, and you are right it is up to the band.
    I will respect whatever they decide, and atleast four of the five are back, so I will take that win and run with it. :Let's hope Head is on the new album and that they come to San Antonio with him so I can see them front row David or not.

6. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 6:42 AM

I can definitely agree with what MontezCrow typed, but me personally, I'm not caught up in nostalgia. Allow me to explain myself a lil...

I obviously love the original 5, as does everyone else. It took me awhile to get used to Head not being there, and then David left. Man, that was rough.

Rock am Ring 2009..... After that show, I felt whole again for the first time since the OG5 had been together. I was BLOWN AWAY! The boys were tighter and sounded better than they have in years. I thought, "even though Head and David aren't here, the band seems almost whole again... and it was because of Ray Luzier.

Ray made me a believer at that show, and at that time, I thought since the band sounded so good w/out David and Head, they were history unfortunately.

Fast forward to a couple months ago... The band is bringing Head back in, and David is all over the news. Anybody with half a brain can see something is brewing... So then I got to thinking "It's possible. This OG5 return is possible within the next 3 years!". Total excitement and anticipation of Head being back, new album, Head touring, and David all of a sudden in the news again.

I would have been an excited happy QUIET KoRn fan, but then I see the 12-18 year old fans running around trying to start a revolution by screaming "KEEP RAY" and "TEAM RAY"..... Tweeting at Korn, starting threads on every message board they can find. WELL FUCK THAT! It might be immature of me, but I and many many other KoRn fans have been with the band since day one, and I refuse to stand back and let the lil kids try and speak for us! I don't know if Korn reads that shit and takes it serious or not, how do I know? Sorry youngsters, We're all family and all, but don't ever try to speak for all Korn fans and tell the band that "WE ALL WANT RAY, NOT DAVID". Ray is an amazing drummer, and the only drummer worthy of sitting at the kit... But if it's possible for an original 5 tour down the road, COUNT ME IN!

My 2 cents... Sorry about the novel.

7. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I LOVE THIS PIC, IF THIS HAPPENS, IT'LL BE AN EMOTIONAL DAY FOR ALL OF US KORN KIDS

8. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Niall O'Sullivan wrote:

Come 2013 head was set to re-join Korn on the road and David’s new band seemed to be doing very little bar posting pictures of David’s new drum kit which he continuously told us was birch and sent to him by Tama. The addition of an extra bass drum hinted at a war with Ray Luzier (my drum kit is bigger than yours) but underneath all the hype drum enthusiasts noticed that his birch drum kit was nothing other than a cheap mid-range Tama he had obviously picked up in a local music store and teamed with an odd bass drum and old gong he had lying around the house. This was in turn proof that David had severed his ties with the music industry and was in no way set for a worldwide launch of his new band that were little more than a bunch of failed musicians from LA clinching onto the last straws of stardom.

How could you say he severed ties with the music industry when both Tama and Paiste still have him listed as one of their artists?

http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/artist/tama_artist10.php?artist_id=150&area=2

http://www.paiste.com/e/artistslist.php?menuid=31&ctry=-1&letter=S&sort=1&button=Search

9. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 11:33 AM

"How could you say he severed ties with the music industry when both Tama and Paiste still have him listed as one of their artists?

http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/artist/tama_artist10.php?artist_id=150&area=2

http://www.paiste.com/e/artistslist.php?menuid=31&ctry=-1&letter=S&sort=1&button=Search"

Check out the website link on David's profile!!!!!! Oh that's right!!!!! You CAN'T!!!!!!!!! It doesn't exist! Not a very good example.

10. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Wake_Up, I agree something is brewing, I'm guessing we'll probably see the OG5 next year or maybe 2015, if they work it out and they better work it out!! I don't know why some Korn kids don't wanna see the OG5 again lol Nobody's perfect

11. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 12:15 PM

MellowYellow wrote:
    Wake_Up, I agree something is brewing, I'm guessing we'll probably see the OG5 next year or maybe 2015, if they work it out and they better work it out!! I don't know why some Korn kids don't wanna see the OG5 again lol Nobody's perfect

Where are you getting THAT from? Do you just make up dates and numbers in your head?

12. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 12:20 PM

SLUNT wrote:
    MellowYellow wrote:

Where are you getting THAT from? Do you just make up dates and numbers in your head?

Dude it's a prediction, just saying LMFAO

13. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 4:37 PM

MellowYellow wrote:
    SLUNT wrote:
    MellowYellow wrote:

Dude it's a prediction, just saying LMFAO

if Korn wanted David back, he would be back already. So obviously they don't. MellowYellow, here's what I think is "brewing": my prediction is YOU have a better chance of drumming for Korn in 2015 than David does.

14. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I'll be a beast on the drums lol

15. RE: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM

No matter what our opinions are it comes down to Korn and we all know that. It is what it is. Good luck in your decision, no matter what I support you Korn. No disrespect to anyone or your opinions.

16. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 6:03 AM

kangel76 wrote:
    No matter what our opinions are it comes down to Korn and we all know that. It is what it is. Good luck in your decision, no matter what I support you Korn. No disrespect to anyone or your opinions.

thank you, Korn sis!!! No matter what I'll always support KoRn too ;)

17. JJ avatar JJ

Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Ray is solid as a rock in the Korn storm.

18. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 11:41 AM

JJ wrote:
    Ray is solid as a rock in the Korn storm.

FACT

19. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 11:44 AM

MellowYellow wrote:
    kangel76 wrote:

thank you, Korn sis!!! No matter what I'll always support KoRn too ;)

Precisely. Which is why the "OG5" talk is ridiculous. Respect Korn's decision to use the lineup they have now. It's what Korn feels is right. Everyone has an opinion, but respecting Korn's in this situation is best.

20. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I feel KoRn needs to respect the fans opinions, we are the reason they are rich as fuck.

I buy their cds, I go to their concerts, I put a fuck ton of money into making those guys rich, so I feel I have the right to say Ray is a badass drummer but he lacks the groove David had.

OG5 would be better than the lineup they have now any day.

Get the latest from Korn!