Favorite live recording

Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 2:49 PM

What's your favorite live recording of a Korn live in concert? Audio/video doesn't matter ... Personally I'm really into live stuff - this is what makes a band - not just Korn - ... a band! Live is straight, live is real, live is true. I really like:

Big Day Out '99
Dynamo Festival '00
Rock am Ring '06 / '07
Exit Festival '09
Woodstock '99

But! Nothing, just NOTHING is better than:

Electric Factory, Philadelphia '96

Your turn! :)
"All the secrets that I hide, would die, with me."

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Favorite live recording

Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 3:00 PM

oooh, The Encounter too! the vibe of that show is just awesome. hmm, i really liked Rock am Ring this year too, because of the rain and lightening

2. Re: Favorite live recording

Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 3:17 PM

I'd have to say the Issues live at the Apollo 99 is my favourite korn live show recording. It's amazing (not jsut cos it's my fave album of theirs).

But also:

Big Day out 99
    San Francisco 98 (bagpipe jingle balls is amazing)
    Sick n Twisted tour 2000 (don't remember the place, but when South of Heaven bled into It's gonna go away - brilliant)
    L.A. April 96
    N.Y 2002
    Fargo 99
    Dallas 96
    Woodstock 99
    Donington 96

=D

Be yourself, let you come through...

3. Re: Favorite live recording

Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Chamber wrote:
    oooh, The Encounter too! the vibe of that show is just awesome. hmm, i really liked Rock am Ring this year too, because of the rain and lightening

Same here, the weather for Rock Am this year made the vibe even more amazing! The Woodstock performance was awesome too, probably my favorite. But particularly there's a performance of Counting On Me they did during the SYOTOS tour that I love to this day, you can see it here, I liked what Kalen added to the chorus around 4:30: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INfzRDrvmSc

4. Re: Favorite live recording

Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 3:27 PM

I love The Encounter Vid..can't wait to get my hands on it too! Also great is the Rock Am Ring Livestream..best livestream I've ever seen! 4U was just killer performance there! Annother great live performance for me at a show I attended was Throw Me Away at the Bako Show!! WOOTT!! ♥

Always have been..Always will be jofish420 worldwide baby!

5. Re: Favorite live recording

Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 3:42 PM

my favorite live performance is the one at the apollo in 1999 where they played issues. jd's costume was really really killer, sound was perfect. the guys were at their top.

as for the ray era shows.. i like the one aired by mtv world stage in germany i think . love ray's energy live.
    My band :)
    www.myspace.com/dekadentaesthetix

6. Re: Favorite live recording

Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Definitely Woodstock. It brings back memories of being in that sea of people.

7. ARM avatar ARM

Re: Favorite live recording

Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 6:26 PM

begforme4484 wrote:
    Definitely Woodstock. It brings back memories of being in that sea of people.

that would have been hella cool.
    pretty much everything everyones mentioned is good favs of mine
    i do also enjoy this show Berlin,Germany 02-14-2005

8. Re: Favorite live recording

Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 8:49 PM

quilmes rock festival argentina 2009 with ozzy osbourne :P
    VIVA ARGENTINA

9. Re: Favorite live recording

Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 8:59 PM

I don't have just one.

Woodstock '99
    Big Day Out '99
    Apollo '99
    Rock am Ring '07
    Argentina '08 (Fieldy said: 'The most unbelievable show we've probably ever done besides Woodstock '99' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-aQx44a9jQ)

And if you didn't watch any videos of KoRn @ Argentina, you should do it

Some videos...
    Blind
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ln-yKifKmk
    Falling Away From Me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJMNcrKByGo&feature=related
    Here To Stay
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ol-HMB6Cik&feature=related
    Right Now
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_qsYOoy7ww&feature=related
    Faget
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXBhe1ZVKKU&feature=related

Crazy Crowd :-P

10. Re: Favorite live recording

Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 10:20 PM

My favorite is Philadelphia 1996-11-01, thats really awesome! too bad it's not the ful show!
    There is a show floating around on youtube, Phoenix,U-Fest 1995,proshot, but in very very bad quality. If that show ever see the light in good quality i think it would be the best oldschool korn show ever!

My other favorites are: Rock am ring 2000 (too bad MTV broadcasted only 6 songs)
    Big day out 99
    Encounter 2010 (The audio mix was shit, it should be mixed like a real dvd, still love that show.
    BRussel 1997 (you can catch this on youtube, only 7 songs, but perfect oldschool performance.
    Family Values 1998 dvd
    4u and Pop a Pill from rock am ring this year!

11. Re: Favorite live recording

Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 10:24 PM

OKTOBEROLF!

i never seen/heard that show what you listed: LA 96 april. can you give me some details about this? But it's oldschool ,probably a cool show!

and i forgot Donington 1996 and the issues live premier. they shold release these on dvd. Too bad, on the apollo show, the background singers ruin the show, they are mixed louder than jonathan sometimes.

12. Re: Favorite live recording

Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:22 PM

My two favorite performances are here to stay at rock am ring 06 and all of big day out 99.

13. Re: Favorite live recording

Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Woodstock '99 has a special place in my heart. I wasn't there, but I was watching the entire thing on pay-per-view. At the time I'd never seen them live; I was just a brand new Korn fan sitting with my jaw in my lap through the entire performance. Still gives me chills to watch it.

14. Re: Favorite live recording

Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Mikee wrote:
    OKTOBEROLF!

i never seen/heard that show what you listed: LA 96 april. can you give me some details about this? But it's oldschool ,probably a cool show!

and i forgot Donington 1996 and the issues live premier. they shold release these on dvd. Too bad, on the apollo show, the background singers ruin the show, they are mixed louder than jonathan sometimes.

arghhhh my bad, it was Las Vegas not L.A April 10th 96 =) I don't have much of any details on it...except a rip of some of the tracks, but the sound is good and Ass Itch sounded awesome =)

Oz ...be yourself, let you come through...

15. Re: Favorite live recording

Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 12:50 AM

oh, vegas 96? i know that show, than ok! :) it's a good one!

16. Re: Favorite live recording

Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 1:36 AM

Oz ...be yourself, let you come through...

17. JJ avatar JJ

Re: Favorite live recording

Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 8:12 AM

Woodstock 99

18. Re: Favorite live recording

Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Bruja Escarlata wrote:
    quilmes rock festival argentina 2009 with ozzy osbourne :P
    VIVA ARGENTINA

tenes razon Blind en ese concierto es impresionante..... YEAHHHHH blind in argentina fucking nice!!!!Your text to link here...

19. Re: Favorite live recording

Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 6:14 AM

Woodstock '99, I'll never forget it!

"Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

20. Re: Favorite live recording

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 9:27 AM

Big Day Out '99
    Woodstock '99
    Hammerstein '02
    Exit Festival '09 (of course,I've been there :D )
    The Encounter '10

Get the latest from Korn!