To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Please do share.
I the first time I picked up a KoRn cd was when I was sixteen. I got See You On the Other Side and listened to it day in and day out. I was amazed at how the songs seemed like how i felt. The first song I got attached too was Tearjerker. I was living with my dad at the time and well... i'm sure you can guess how that made me feel lol
Then a few years later I moved back with my mom, picked up their Greatest Hits vol 1 to see what else they had. It was then I felt like Alone I Break was my song. (i'm sure you can guess how living with my mom made me feel too). After that i decided I was fan (age 18). I got every other CD I could and listen to them all the time. Really the only other band I listen too is Interpol, but i only listen to their music when i'm super super super depressed. So, KoRn is my all time favorite band because they keep me going. When i give up in life i blast their music and scream with JD (just between us i also sometimes pick up the broom and pretend to do Fieldy's bass ). Yeah sure my problems are still there, but putting my Ipod on the stereo and singing or putting in my earphones and sitting in my room is my way to vent and deal with this shit life.

Needless to say I've read a post here on this site where some fans had a sour experience with the meet and greets. Needless to say, if mine sucked i'd be really heartbroken lol.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 8:05 AM

gia wrote:
    I love KoRn for many reasons, music is just one of them, it helps me a lot. There was a time when I've been listening to Alone I Break over and over again, all days long for about a year straight, and I've been listenuing only to this one song back then. I was so depressed, it was only thing I could listen to. But most of all Im grateful for my people, for my friends that are like family to me, people I will love forever, people who understand me and accept me, I so love them, I would neve rmeet them if it wasnt for KoRn. I can feel like a part of smth bigger and I have this fan site I run, it gives me feel of purpose in my life too. Im glad I can share what I have with others and spread the word around :)

Well said!

"Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

2. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 9:10 AM

I'm a little bit younger than the guys, JD joined up with them the same year that I graduated high school. I've always liked a wide range of music, having only a few artists that I consider long-time favorites. I still hear new music but Korn is the last band that I've added to that category. I went through my "angry 20's" listening to Korn, they had a cathartic effect at the end of a long day of sh**ty jobs and young adult drama. Plus I had never heard a band that incorporated so many different elements that drew me to other artists that I like. Also they've all known each other since they were so young. That's quite a bond, I admire that. Listening to Korn is like laughing in the dark.

3. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 7:12 AM

I started to listening KoRn when I was 13-teen, I was discriminate at school, because I came from small village, my parents didn't have many money, so I never looked good, my dad drunk a lot, punished me and....so many things bad happened in my life.... I was abused too, and I wanted to kill myself.. One day I was looking at MTV and I saw Korn playing "Falling away from me". From that day, nothing was the same.... I become strong, no one can hurt me....I'm new person!
    soada

4. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 7:26 AM

it was 1996 I was almost 15 when I first heard KoRn, my mum was making my life a hell she shouldnt of been a mother back in those years.. and KoRn seriously kept me sane and alive... It was like I was hearing everything that was screaming, yelling and ripping inside of me... and the fact that JD is just sexy made it like a drug to me!... I have always been a true #1 KoRn fan through the years, even with being married and having my 2 gorgeous girls... but over a year and half ago i just realised how much they have saved me. I was leaving a friends party where I was sexually assaulted and left naked on the side of the road... it went through my whole town and I truly wanted to die... I hated how I felt I hated EVERYTHING... KoRns's new album came out a few weeks later and it was like a antidepressant medicine to me, it was amazing... the lytics in the chorus in under neath the stairs was EXACTLY how i felt.... This is why I have it now tattoo'd on my back. I started to lift my depression and KoRN, JD where to thank and I said to a friend if they were just to come to Perth Australia it would make it all worth what I went through.. a few weeks later I found out KORN WHERE COMING TO PERTH BUT NOT ONLY THAT BUT PLAYING IN MY HOME TOWN, MY SUBURB AND ON THE ANNIVERSARY OF MY ASSAULT. It was fate... thats how I knew I could get through anything because these guys will always be there... I was front and center for the concert and it will forever be special to me... I love you guys so very much x x

5. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Korn is my favorite band because they were the first "metal group I ever heard. I was flippin through the tv when i was about 13 and when i hit MTV there was korn. They were rocking out with Somebody Someone. I instantly fell in love with them. The heavy ass breakdown in the end sold me. From there I bought Issues, then the rest of their older albums. I have followed them since. I have always had anger issues and had no way of venting it. Metal and all its screaming glory gave me a way to relaese the anger and become who I am today, an extremely social funny guy. Thank you korn.
    -Alex-

6. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 3:00 PM

There's lots of BS in this thread.

There is Only One factual answer.
    The reason anyone likes any band is because the rhythmical patterns, melodies and Maybe lyrics resonate with said person.

"because they're different"
    "Because they mix it up"
    "Because they're authentic"

Those are all secondary observations.
    Love me some music.

7. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 3:42 PM

LunyAlex wrote:

The reason anyone likes any band is because the rhythmical patterns, melodies and Maybe lyrics resonate with said person.

"Because they mix it up"

Love me some music.

thanks for being succinct and to-the-point Alex. lols Music is subjective. Every listener can hear something diff...thus having a diff experience. =]

Always have been..Always will be jofish420 worldwide baby!

8. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 5:35 PM

LunyAlex wrote:

"Because they mix it up"

Actually it kinda seems like the BS started around 3PM. Oh snap, shit sonnnn

9. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 3:29 AM

they are the reason I am me
    they are my only gate to releasing my anger and fury without anyone getting hurt
    if it wasnt for KoЯn writing songs I think I woulda have blown up at people just like "thoughtless"
    I love KoЯn!!!
    the musics made me scream my lungs out howling like a wolf and even made me cry like a bitch
    but KoЯn will always be something in me and my life

10. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 5:25 AM

RemoveTheVirus wrote:
    LunyAlex wrote:

"Because they mix it up"

Actually it kinda seems like the BS started around 3PM. Oh snap, shit sonnnn

You disagree? Then comment and detail. Don't make meaningless witty remarks.

Love me some music.

11. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 7:23 AM

LunyAlex wrote:

]

lol totally jokin around dude, I was hoping the "oh snap shit sonnn" would've made it obvious

12. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 9:30 AM

U mad bro?

LunyAlex wrote:

"Because they mix it up"

Love me some music.

13. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 3:26 PM

LunyAlex wrote:

"Because they mix it up"

Love me some music.

I know exactly why I love something, and I can tell ya this much, it's not just based on only ONE factual answer, it's more than that. And you saying it's "secondary observations" is clearly JUST an observation and one that is NOT factual. Anyways, yes...I love KoRn because of all three things you said and your ONE factual answer, but like I said, it's MORE than just THAT. Whether it's secondary observation or not, doesn't really change the fact why I love them, so don't go around thinking you know why I love them, or anyone else for that matter. We all have our very own reasons for loving KoRn, and you saying it's BS is well, just fucking BS.

For the record, I wasn't going to say anything but this was just so damn assinine that I couldn't help it.

14. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 8:06 PM

RemoveTheVirus wrote:
    LunyAlex wrote:

]

lol totally jokin around dude, I was hoping the "oh snap shit sonnn" would've made it obvious

Yea but I'm an anal bitch so that laid back humor stuff don't work on me.
    Love me some music.

15. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Cool story, bro.

16. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 7:06 AM

17. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:23 AM

bwahaha good forum is good.

18. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 12:08 PM

I love KoRn because I took a sip of shit in this life, despite the fact that I was only 18 years old. It'so awful. And lyrics JD helped me through it all..

19. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Please watch my video people!?!!

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them. - Albert Einstein

20. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Korn is my favorite band for many reasons. JD would scream out many things that I wanted to scream out while in high school, college, and even now. Even though I could not scream them out, JD could, and I was able to release all that stress through listening to Korn. Korn's lyrics also touch me and I can relate to many of the songs. Another thing I like about Korn is that we are a family. When Korn fans show up, I know we are going to be the loudest of the night. I feel sorry for any band that comes on after Korn. I have seen Korn blow away Linkin Park, Velvet Revolver, and Disturbed (among others). I also love jumping around in the Korn pit with all my fellow children of the Korn. It is one of the best feelings! Korn is the BEST.
    RayRock

Newsletter Signup