Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 5:24 PM

I have only been listening to Korn for almost a year, and I can already be considered one of their biggest fans. I have listened to every song by them, all their lyrics, know everything about their history and everything. How do you I relate to Korn's music? Well, when I first started listening to Korn I was going through very hard times and was in a deep depression. You see, all my life I have been a loser. Looking back I have rarely ever been happy. My earliest memories include being yelled at by my parents and being picked on in school. You see, I am autistic and all my life I have struggled to fit in. All my life I have been socially awkward and no one ever understood me. Throughout elementary school I was a loser who was never interested in other kids and would get picked on. Then middle school rolled around, and it was awful. Everybody picked on me, everyday I would get teased and harassed, I would get called a "faggot", a "retard", and a "fatass". People would always be putting me down, yelling at me, making hateful comments, and people thought I was a freak and I was. In seventh grade I hit an all time low by sexual harassing a girl for about a month. This only made me feel more like a loser. Not long after I was backstabbed by a group of people I thought were my friends. They went up to me and yelled terrible things like "**** you, your a mistake in life". I felt friendless and helpless. Not long after I fell into the grips of anorexia nervosa. I rapidly lost weight, and people still made fun of me, thus I lost even more weight. I ate less than 1,000 calories a day, was obsessed with food and isolated myself, my hair was falling out, I was lethargic and hopeless. In eighth grade I weighed about 88 pounds, and was almost put in the hospital on numerous occasions. I developed terrible OCD and started taking Risperidone. Over the summer before ninth grade I was diagnosed with an hypothrodism as a result of my eating disorder and starting taking Levythroxine. To top it all off, I had to move cross-country, which only made my more depressed. I had lost the few friends I had and had to go to school a new state, where people still treated me like dirt, and my eating disorder and depression was as bad as ever. It was in October of last year when I discovered Korn. Their music was like, total thepary and I could relate to all of their songs. I had found a way to vent my anger, through music. However, none of this helped my mental and psychical state much. In November of last year I suffered a panic attack in the back seat of the car and thought I was dying. A few weeks later I went a psychiatrist and starting taking prozac, and soon Zypexa. This was a turning point in my life, and I soon, through effort, with the help of my psychiatrist, and with the help of Korn's music, gradually recovered from my eating disorder, OCD, and depression. I still struggle with depression sometimes, but I, for once in my life, feel happy. And I am looking forward to going to school again come August, because I actually have friends now.

So thank you Korn. Thank you for your wonderful music. You guys tell your stories. How do you relate to Korn's music?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I can relate to many of korns songs they are my favorite band!!!
    I want to thank them for being so honest and making quality music.

Get the latest from Korn!