Is it just me or does Jon's voice sound a lot different nowadays?

Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Jonathan Davis is an amazing singer after all these years but I can't help but feel that in past years, particularly on Korn III and in live performances of Korn's old songs, his voice sounds a lot different than it used to. His voice doesn't sound quite as powerful or raspy. On See You on the Other Side and the Untitled album his voice sounded wonderful in many songs, but on Korn III, his screams and shouts sound a little weak in some parts. One thing I loved about the first album was the variety of singing he could do. Scat singing on "Ball Tongue", death metal vocals near the end of "Fake" etc but whenever he sings those songs live nowadays they come across as a little less powerful. Why do you think this is? I still love Korn, but I would love to see Jon bring back his old singing style.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Is it just me or does Jon's voice sound a lot different nowadays?

Tue, May 28, 2013 at 2:51 PM

d1rtytr@sh wrote:
    i love change and his voice has changed, i suppose along with all factors in place, the massive amount of singing, screaming and growling on stage and off, recording day in and day out and his asthma,(i know how asthma can be cuz i have it) can put stress and damage to the vocal chords. honestly, i love how he sounded back in the day and i love how he sounds now. if he continues to keep on like he did back in the day, he may lose his voice or have permanent damage. it's hard to tell really cuz i'm no doctor but let's hope that won't happen.

I definitely agree with you, his voice is fucking amazing, I loved it when KoRn did Unplugged!

2. Re: Is it just me or does Jon's voice sound a lot different nowadays?

Wed, May 29, 2013 at 2:43 AM

As long as he keeps singing I am happy.
    Does it make me bad??

3. Re: Is it just me or does Jon's voice sound a lot different nowadays?

Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM

No shit, it happens with everyone. Brian Johnson from AC/DC sounds different on every album and so does James Hetfield from Metallica (after Cliff). It's age and wear-and-tear of which Jon did a lot of. Regardless, like the other guys, it somehow makes his voice better for singing rather than screaming, as demonstrated on Korn II.

4. Re: Is it just me or does Jon's voice sound a lot different nowadays?

Fri, May 16, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Fifty-five Vernis leatherLouis vuitton singapore embossed
    Michael Kors outlet sequence introduction has become
    Michael Kors Outletquite popular: the particular 55 Vernis collection
    Authentic Jordan shoes are Louis Vuitton layout movie director
    louis vuitton outlet online Bell ringer Jakob (Marc Jacobs) released
    Louis vuitton handbags the 1st joined up with LV
    Cheap Michael Kors apparent natural leather sequence,
    Air jordans for salehaving amazing coloration,
    Michael Kors Storeabout three-perspective brocaded
    Louis Vuitton Canda Outlet Monogram Fifty-five tag design
    Cheap louis vuittonand shimmering globule
    Michael kors handbagssparkly glistening patent
    Louis Vuitton Canadaleather-based, acting
    Louis Vuitton Canda classy mode, the particular
    Louis vuitton singapore outlet case the design, run
    Louis Vuitton Sale many years, has become lauded
    Air Jordans salewith the gals favorite,
    Michael kors outlet online end up being the endless timeless.
    Louis Vuitton OutletThis series of totes
    Louis Vuitton Australiaare generally named with the
    Louis Vuitton Outletstreets of latest York, such as Vernis Alma collection,
    Michael kors handbags outlet Ny ethnical gene derived from
    Nike Air Jordans onlineNew York modest Fernando Mark Jakob. 55 Vernis group of
    Louis vuitton Australia Outletleather material press with classy
    Air jordans for saleplastic-type material vibrant
    Michael kors storessurface area, semblance
    Louis Vuitton Outletbesides used
    Louis Vuitton Outleta and dynamic
    Louis Vuitton Canada crimson, purple,
    MK handbags outletenvironment friendly, azure mineral water
    Discount jordan shoes in addition to m at the begining of lactose (such as the
    australia louis vuitton outletbag of chips ~). Together with
    Stuart weitzmanpitch-black, Vernis line
    michael kors onlineprogressively add shimmer
    Louis Vuitton Canada Outletwith high level of red-colored
    Michael Kors UKbrown, violent and also
    Michael Kors Canada violet. Luxurious synthetic leather, geometric strains pattern exclusive, extremely smart, crease, Stewed dumplings package tote from the years of common, gives a alone(p) clean common sense of mode. The actual sales cost of concerning $the year 2000 (regarding xiii 1 , 000 yuan). Neverful Sequence Launch: Although Monogram neverful experienced be a block offer, farsightedness can be regular, merely bright board neverful Gramme as well as good-searching, along with graffiti besides permit this to straightforward style is stuffed with new verve. Get the money value. Locomotion lawsuit.

Newsletter Signup