What don't you like about KoRn?

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Let's do a little soul-searching, shall we?

I'll get the ball rolling: Often banal lyrics, what I see as filler songs on Untouchables, lack of development over time of Fieldy's basslines, etc.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: What don't you like about KoRn?

Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 6:05 AM

I don't like that we don't know the real reasons behind David's departure all these years later... It is what it is though. Just would be interesting to know is all.

2. Re: What don't you like about KoRn?

Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 8:09 AM

I can almost hear the majority of people cawing and hissing at this.

3. Re: What don't you like about KoRn?

Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Well, looks like KoRn is a flawless band. My mistake. I'll take this thread down in a few days.

4. Re: What don't you like about KoRn?

Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 2:58 PM

I don't like that they've lost their inovative edge over the last few albums, which have been, for me anyway, lacking in anything that makes Korn unstoppable when they hit the right mix. I'm longing to listen to a new ablum for the first time and loving everything I hear again and again. Something I haven't heard since Issues =(

Also, I don't like that Fake isn't on the set list hehe =p

...be yourself, let you come through...

5. Re: What don't you like about KoRn?

Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 3:14 PM

They're too nice. They need to tell people to F off more :-)
    "DEAL WITH IT"

6. Re: What don't you like about KoRn?

Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Um, I can't really think of anything in general I don't like about them...but, specifically, I remember I didn't like how David left and they brought in Terry Bozzio or whatever and in the Untitled insert's thanks section there was a lot of praising going towards Terry...it just seemed kind of harsh and too soon to be saying those kind things. Regardless of what could have happened with David, I don't think it's right to be referring to Terry as "the best drummer in the world" when David had just left...didn't they get into a fight with Terry later anyways?

7. Re: What don't you like about KoRn?

Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Lack of variety in the setlists. It's the same 12 songs every night.

8. Re: What don't you like about KoRn?

Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Tammie wrote:
    They're too nice. They need to tell people to F off more :-)
    "DEAL WITH IT"

Gotta love em'... Undoubtedly the thickest hides in the business.

9. Re: What don't you like about KoRn?

Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 5:09 PM

I can honestly admit that I can't think of anything. They're not flawless, there isn't any band out there that is flawless but honestly, I came in and out of this thread numerous time trying to ponder what I don't like about this band. I can't think of anything. Still I'm trying to find their flaws, because they have them and I know they're there. I guess, I just don't see the bad in KoRn and only the good. NOT stating their flawless, because they are, after all, human like the rest of us.

oh i got one!!! just came to me. I don't like that they don't push an album out every month!!! hehe j/k

10. Re: What don't you like about KoRn?

Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 8:45 AM

d1rtytr@sh wrote:

oh i got one!!! just came to me. I don't like that they don't push an album out every month!!! hehe j/k

That would be cool! I bet they have enough material to pull that off ;) Unfortunately, it would be impossible, because it would have to be ok'd with every other decision maker in the world, they deal with LOL!!
    "DEAL WITH IT"

11. Re: What don't you like about KoRn?

Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 8:59 AM

i don't like a lot of their shirt designs lol. i see some other bands shirts and i'm like that's badass. they do have a shitload of cool shirts but a lot could be better.

12. Re: What don't you like about KoRn?

Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 10:17 AM

I don't have any real dislikes either...more cool merch would be good.

13. Re: What don't you like about KoRn?

Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 2:45 PM

I wish they would blog some. Maybe once a month. Or just once :)

14. Re: What don't you like about KoRn?

Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Passive aggressiveness is a terrible trait.

15. Re: What don't you like about KoRn?

Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Tammie wrote:
    d1rtytr@sh wrote:

That would be cool! I bet they have enough material to pull that off ;) Unfortunately, it would be impossible, because it would have to be ok'd with every other decision maker in the world, they deal with LOL!!
    "DEAL WITH IT"

haha!!! Then they would be put in the Guiness!! What other band out there would do something like that, has it ever been done? That shit would be hard I'm sure but I got faith in them, if they wanted to, I'm sure they could, like ya said, they have more than enough material maybe. And, if they needed some help, us fans could help!!!! hehe ;)

16. Re: What don't you like about KoRn?

Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 1:39 PM

there isn't much i don't like about korn. but if there is one thing that ticks me off, is their tendency to sell a product for a short amount of time then take it off the market. All you can get on their merch site is stuff from k3. Me being a newish fan I want something from past albums which I have to go to ebay for! Also they only sell two of their albums on their merch site- WTF? Knowing the financial strain they were under the past few albums they should realize that selling older merchandise to fans who want it would rake in a lotta dough. Also they should release more dvds from stuff like Unplugged, Live at Apollo, and the Encounter. One thing that made me pissed was when I pre-ordered K3 on the korn site thinking I was getting a good deal, that the special edition would be hard to find in stores. But when it comes out, what do I see but tons of box sets, and some stores like FYE even were giving out posters when you buy a copy!!! Then when I went back to the korn site to see how much money i had been ripped off for ($7.00 to be exact) I see Korn selling the deluxe edition with a second live bonus song AFTER I already ordered mine. I was soooo pissed!! Korn needs to give fans incentives to buy the album early for more off their own site, y'know like maybe something signed or a poster? Anything to convince fans to not wait to buy it in stores? It was a way better deal at the mall that I missed out on. Korn needs to sell merch to places like Hot Topic and Spencer's so they can compete with Slipknot and Lamb Of God and the other bands selling their stuff at the mall! I have never seen any korn merch in stores. That is a bad move for them, losing out on many business opportunities!

So yeah. Sucky merch and management but great everywhere else! It's a problem easily fixed. Just don't know why they haven't done it yet.

Where do you go when no one's there? -I'm The One
    my korn banner

17. Re: What don't you like about KoRn?

Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Twist wrote:
    Um, I can't really think of anything in general I don't like about them...but, specifically, I remember I didn't like how David left and they brought in Terry Bozzio or whatever and in the Untitled insert's thanks section there was a lot of praising going towards Terry...it just seemed kind of harsh and too soon to be saying those kind things. Regardless of what could have happened with David, I don't think it's right to be referring to Terry as "the best drummer in the world" when David had just left...didn't they get into a fight with Terry later anyways?

Bozzio sucks monkey cack anyway. Luzier is an amazing drummer that I feel has brought the band to comparable levels of David. I don't really see what all the praise to David is about, you could replace him as has been the case and not even notice. But Luzier is awesome!

18. Re: What don't you like about KoRn?

Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 11:34 PM

yeah deff there setlist needs to be re worked a lot IMO

uhhh yeah deff some of fieldys bass lines and I think sometimes the need more hooks and different time signatures in there songs some time

19. RE: What don't you like about KoRn?

Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Let me think of a few things..

The involvement with MODERN bad rappers (Twisted Transistor, Lil Wayne.. ect)
    Got Money (I just dislike Lil Wayne)
    Jonathan wearing sneakers while being dressed up.

20. Re: What don't you like about KoRn?

Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 8:04 AM

The fact that they recorded See You On The Other Side And Untitled.

Get the latest from Korn!