Should Korn replace Head?

Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 7:28 AM

I've been thinking about this for a while...Head's been gone for about 6 years now, and I doubt he'll ever come back. Do you think Korn should replace him? I think they should. Ever since Head left the riffs haven't been as memorable or powerful. Munky is a great guitarist, but I think it's time that Korn get's a second guitarist again. And if it can't be Head, or should it be?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 6:56 AM

i hope they dont get a second guitarist . here's why :
    let's say they get wes in the band. i mean i'm cool with making him an official member BUT letting him write stuff would be vry very wrong. i dont say that he\s not talented...god only knows. he could be mozart. but you wouldnt want mozart in korn. getting another guitar songwriter in the band would wash away all the korn indenty that's left. head and munky have an unique style.
    they dont replace head because they have huge ego and munky wants to be the star. but they also dont replace head because they'd better be a weaker version of korn without head than not being korn at all.
    so i guess head should only be replaced with head. otherwise korn will not be korn again.
    My band :)
    www.myspace.com/dekadentaesthetix

2. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 9:53 AM

sKoRnLLeX wrote:
    i hope they dont get a second guitarist . here's why :
    let's say they get wes in the band. i mean i'm cool with making him an official member BUT letting him write stuff would be vry very wrong. i dont say that he\s not talented...god only knows. he could be mozart. but you wouldnt want mozart in korn. getting another guitar songwriter in the band would wash away all the korn indenty that's left. head and munky have an unique style.
    they dont replace head because they have huge ego and munky wants to be the star. but they also dont replace head because they'd better be a weaker version of korn without head than not being korn at all.
    so i guess head should only be replaced with head. otherwise korn will not be korn again.

How do we know what Wes Geer could contribute to the band? Has he been allowed to participate in the new stuff? He sure can play it live. I cannot see Korn allowing someone to play with them unless they're damn good, like Ray!

I think Munky has done an excellent job for Korn. He just has a different level of creativity, different sound. There is someone other than Head, that could complement his (Munky's) and Korn's style very well I'm sure of it!

I understand the devotion they may still have for Head, but I'm not sure Head's, head, is in the right place now and don't think he would be of benifit to Korn in anyway at this time. It's like Korn's grown up, but Head hasn't.

I'm rambling...sorry!

3. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:10 AM

^ Head has grown up, and so have the KoRn guys. They are all drug free, mature men with families now.
    I wouldnt mind seeing Wes made a member of KoRn. KoRns next album will be experimental anyways, why not add another guitar player now. I wasnt too thrilled by Munkys guitars on K3 anyways, I think some fresh perspective from Wes would be a nice touch.

And As long as JD is on vocals, KoRn will sound like KoRn to me.

"you see beauty, I see pain, you see sky, and I see acid rain"

4. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 7:45 AM

Not sure I agree about Head growing up, with his recent behavior at a concert. I think Head's got a temper and still has to work on it. I think he regrets leaving Korn because of the lack of sucess he's had and bs he's had to deal with, but won't admit it. Yes, he's made some pretty big changes in his life, but he didn't "grow up" with the rest of Korn, so I think he's on a different level - does that make sence? Of course this is just my opinion. I do agree, that now would be a good time to add another guitar player, and I would love to see Wes be the one.... without JD, there'd be no Korn.

5. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 8:34 AM

I'm not sure. I don't think i'd like to see Head replaced. But Head also has a good thing going on on his own. Even though he doesnt get the number of audience he would like, i think it's a good thing. But then again, even though I support Head, I still would love to see him in Korn again some day.... you really do miss a second guitar player in Korn. But the thing is that it still wouldnt be the same if it was someone else than Head. So i'm not sure if that would be the solution lol. I dunno ..

6. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 2:37 PM

it doesnt matter if his behaviour changed. so did korn changed not necesarily in a good or bad way.Head is the same on the creativity level as back in the days. the man is the same. you have his solo album as a fact. it sounds more like korn than untitled k3 or syotos combined. ( of course except the lyrical theme and the voice)
    that's a living proof that if he rejoins, korn will be ten times better .end of argument. no one can deny that crazy creativity head had on that record. i hate christian rock and i was really amazed by the album.

and no, no one can fit korn style as a guitar songwriter. since head left jonathan writes more and more riffs. what better person can know what the korn style is than someone from the band? but even jd fails. he comes up with good stuff but they dont necesarily sound like korn in either of it's eras. ( k3 was a horrible mess in reatempting to sound like they used to ).

so i bet the is no chance to replace head. which is a decent thing to do

7. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 3:32 PM

I think they should find a permanent member if Head is never coming back. Please correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure Munky is the one who comes up with the catchy riffs and chord progressions and Head added most of the textural stuff in the background.

I feel Korn III is good but not amazing. Untouchables is still my fav (although so many hate it I felt it was the most melodic and not screaming the whole time); and Munky is in the right ear on all albums after the first and on and all those cool intro's start with him. So I dunno. I like to hear more catchy riffs and less techno shit like the Get Up song (no offense who like it...just not my bag.....I prefer guitars,Bass and drums as opposed to DJ and Synth stuff). Just my onions.

8. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 12:39 AM

I think the guys are still half-hoping that Head will return one day.
    But I agree that they should get a permanent second guitarist. Much as I love Korn III, the one thing it was missing was the twin-guitar element of the first few albums. And Wes would be awesome, he was always too good for Limp Bizkit...

9. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Please watch my video people!?!!

10. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 2:32 PM

No replace Head will come back

11. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:40 PM

If they replace Head I want Munky to personally go hand pick the man that replaces him. Becuase thats who is going to have the hardest time adapting. I think munky is doning just fine without a partener tho... Oildale, Sounvier, I really like EverBe and The Past. So I would say replacing Head would be a band decision but Munky should have the final say in it
    Look at you all I see, Is a man to afraid to really be

12. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 6:26 PM

mikey mike mccabe wrote:
    u cant replace head head is the best
    mikey mike mccabe

+1

13. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 6:46 PM

yup head is the best ever.

14. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 1:38 PM

I agree with Wes Borland. But, everyones sound together is what made it hit just right. I am 30 years old and a fan from way back.

I don't know of anyone I listen to now, not unless someone catches my ear. Nothing will ever replace Korn.

You guys were my choice for music through the best times and the worst times. I like JD as a songwriter more then anyone else also, but, Korn must find someone to fill that gap.

A lot of random thoughts there but I know Korn will come back someday and fuggin end it all one more time, that will be the day. Don't fool yourself Korn, no one will ever come close, ever.

Much love.

15. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 1:54 PM

I would Love to see Head back. I love Jesus, so does Fieldy. I wish that didn't keep Head from thinking he can't be in Korn. But, look, if you have to replace him Wes Borland would be badass. Plus, Wes and Munky worked together on Fear and the Nervous System. The song didn't make the record, but there has to be some chemistry, right? The guitarist that plays on the road with Korn now, I guess is named Wes too. Has anyone ever heard anything he has written?
    mlukec

16. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Yes I think they definitely should head left of his own free will, why should his spot be vacant in case he wants to come back, he shouldn't have left then should he?

17. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 11:31 AM

It's hard to say. It would be awesome if Head decided to come back (which I highly doubt), but I'm not sure if finding a replacement for him is really necessary. I know they replaced David of course, but you have to have a drummer. I think it's fine just the way it is, adding another guitarist might not change much. So for me, it's either Head or nobody.

18. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 4:08 PM

YES, they should absolutely replace Head! I've been thinking about for this awhile and I don't see why not. David was not gone for nearly as long as Head was before they replaced him, so why can't they replace Head? He's quite obviously never going to come back. I think it would be interesting to have a permanent new member of Korn.
    ~C'est la vie

19. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 10:03 PM

It would have been cool imo if they worked in the studio with other guitarists, while not necessarily making them official members. After a full dubstep collab album, I think any collab is fair game again. I'd love to see Wes Geer (or Borland), Shane Gibson or anyone feature until Head inevitably returns in some form.

20. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 4:52 PM

I think the only guy that could replace Head is Wes... Borland ! Or.... Head !! :)

Newsletter Signup