Korn Fans

Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 3:32 PM

I dont know about you, but Korn fans are my FAVORITE people! You're support, dedication, love, and respect for Korn is substantial! I also love how you apply that to other things too! If I have a problem, I can ALWAYS rely on at least one Korn fan! I alos love how not ONE of you have made fun of me (maybe you tease me a little, but thats okay XD) I have a few minor disabilaties, and I get made fun of because of them, but Korn fans are loyal and true and make me feel better, NOT worse!
SO what's your FAVORITE quality about Korn fans, why, and do you agree with me taht Korn fans are just so... AMAZING!?

My favorite fan quality is: Support

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Korn Fans

Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 4:19 PM

No korn fans have issues, literally. Jk but no i don't think they r amazing, just like any other ppl, with pretty good taste in music lol. What i think is amazing is when we come together at a show and jam with korn and just let it all out.

2. RE: Korn Fans

Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Korn fans are probably the worst mob I know.
    Some are OK, i.e. some of you guys, but Korn fans in general are the most closed minded, one sided, ass kissing yet hateful heard of sheep I've ever encountered.
    Again, I know a lot of cool Korn fans, but in my experience there's like 3 rabid orangutans for every decent bloke.

My favorite Korn fan quality is : Their Lack in Numbers

Love me some music.

3. Re: Korn Fans

Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 6:08 PM

^

4. Re: Korn Fans

Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 6:26 PM

sH3LLz wrote:
    No korn fans have issues, literally. Jk but no i don't think they r amazing, just like any other ppl, with pretty good taste in music lol. What i think is amazing is when we come together at a show and jam with korn and just let it all out.

LOLs!! Ya Shel!! =] My MOST AWESOME KORN SHOW because.. WE WERE THERE TOGETHER!! ♥

Always have been..Always will be jofish420 worldwide baby!

5. Re: Korn Fans

Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 6:43 PM

It's true there are a lot of sheep and haters within the "fanbase", probably now more than ever, but I've met some amazing individuals through this band over the years who have become some of my best friends. And like Shelly said, at shows I always feel a connection with everybody there that goes beyond other concerts with other bands that I've experienced. The Korn fanbase almost feels like a family at times, but of course with a few relatives you don't get along with. :-P

So I guess my favorite fan quality is: the "family" feel

6. Re: Korn Fans

Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 6:51 PM

I think Aurora is referring to online fans. To this I agree! I have met several really great friends from participating online in the KoRn fan sites. That's what I don't get too..EVERYONE has at least one computer in the house now...and yet when I go to FL shows there are VERY FEW OF US there. If you are a fan..why not support the band's fan site? That was THE FIRST thing I did when I got a comp..sign up at korn.com!

A good "for instance" ..the Vegas show last year that I attended..There were only "a few" of us with early entry for the Listening Party ..which was great! Made it feel "personal". We were on the rail..something I usually don't get to do..cus FL shows are usually at the ampitheatre and no matter how I try with presale tix..I can never get pit.

Well during the opening act..Two Cents..the rail was no prob. Once we were waiting for KoRn to come on..the crowd starts the whole pushing and shoving thing. Some rude ass dude elbowed his way up front..and when Dead Bodies Everywhere came on he's shouting it in my ear ..to which I shouted back...adding a "YOU FUCK!!" Mark ..my hubby surrounded me and held on to the rail and I just kept getting more crushed ...and since I had been there since 6pm..no drinks..not even a cig..so i was already over-heated from the crowd itself and then my heart started to pound my head hurt and i felt faint...more like I was gonna die if i didnt get out of there. Security just looked at me when I told him "I HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE!!" HE DIDNT HELP ME TILL I STARTED GOING OUT! I was truly afraid I would die. (that would have been a bummer) Then security lifted me out and as well as Mark helping..I saw only half the show ..felt embarrassed that I went out on Oildale right in front of Munk..but on our way out..Mark lifted his arms up toward the crowd and gave everyone the horns!! I didnt know this..i just kept collapsing when they tried to get me to walk. I was right in front of the stage ..took me backstage and gave me oxygen. They said my blood pressure was through the roof and wanted me to go to the hosp..but my room was right there in the hotel ..so I insisted and had to sign AMA papers when I refused. I cried in the hallway when FOAL came on..=[ I didnt get to see it. The next day I had bruise marks on my inner upper arm from tryin to hang on to the rail.

Always have been..Always will be jofish420 worldwide baby!

7. Re: Korn Fans

Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Fanaticism induced by trauma. It's like Head with God. I agree with Alex though.

I have met a very good number of absolutely fantastic people because of this band though.

8. Re: Korn Fans

Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 7:40 PM

as a KoRn fan i'm far from perfect or amazing.

my favorite fan quality is: forgiveness.

9. gia avatar gia

Re: Korn Fans

Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 5:08 AM

I used to be naive and believe that KoRn fans are different, that we. as a community, are different, that we are there to be for one another with love and no hate for each other, now I know I was wrong..we are just like all the other people, the unity, the uniqueness disappeared....you can only see it on KoRn shows, when all the KoRn fans ar eone, but other than that, we are parted, whining bitches, which really upsets me, I missed teh time, when we were one all the time, but were there really times like that? or was it only my naive belief coming from my need to be a part of something bigger...? though i have my close friends I know thanks to KoRn and Ill be always grateful for it, cause they are like a family to me

10. Re: Korn Fans

Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 12:54 PM

I agree. I can't seem to get along with anyone else. Unfortunately, there are no korn fans in my area, so that's why I spend so much time on here! You have to be a certain kind of person to like and appreciate Korn and what they're about. It takes an element of "this broken soul" for some to really connect with lyrics by Jon. Shallow people obsessed with their social status just won't get what Korn fans get out of the music. So in a sense, Korn fans are deep. We understand JD and support what he says. We know how it feels to be let down so we support each other. JD's songs aren't like the crap most people listen to, so you gotta be a different kind of person to understand them. WE ARE AMAZING! I mean, I guess I like Korn because I've been bullied and completely feel JD's pain, also because Korn as a band has shaken the rock world and no other music sounds like theirs. I was looking for something deeper, and I found it in Korn. A lot of us have stories, and Korn has become much more than a band to us, it's like a way of life. That has caused the fans to develop a Korn universe, so to speak, where we all understand each other and respect individuality. It does make us different, in a good way. It's like what Jonathan always wanted, people who wouldn't bully him for how he was different. His music woke up some people (us!) who were out there experiencing the same thing as him, and we found each other and banded together as Korn fans.

WE ARE DIFFERENT AND DAMN PROUD OF IT!!! KORN FOREVER!

(did i ramble too much? I could do it for hours)
    Then, now, and forever... A.D.W.D.A.K.!!!

11. Re: Korn Fans

Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 3:01 PM

My favourite fan quality is probably the acceptance of loving a band like Korn, who almost always divide so much opinion between music fans...

That and seeing girls in korn tops is always good =) haha!

...be yourself, let you come through...

12. Re: Korn Fans

Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Korndawg I couldnthave said it better!! In my experience Korn fans have been super hilarious, witty, and very talented. It feels soo amazing to know that this band is loved by so many ppl.

Fab Korn fan quality: Passionately love

13. Re: Korn Fans

Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 12:59 PM

One thing I can think about that is really cool about Kornfans is that there is no competition between fans. You can be a fan for 15 years or a fan for 1 year, most of us get along very well. You can be a collector or just own one cd, it doesn't matter. When we are at a Kornshow or a festival, we're all there for the same reason and we actually want to enjoy these shows with eachother.

This is something you don't see very often anymore. A lot of fans from other bands are always trying to be the biggest or most oldskool/hardcore fan. I think this is quite sad cuz it takes the fun out of communicating with those fans. They're always talking big. I really don't care if you have been a fan for a long time or a new fan. You don't need to lie about it.

You like the music? Yes? Me too! Let's enjoy.
    This is a rare thing nowadays. And you still see this with most Kornfans.

14. Re: Korn Fans

Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 8:27 AM

I agree with what Jeroen Moody said.

I think it's also cool that if you're wearing a Korn shirt.. other fans will usually just come up and talk to you. Not always, but i've met some people like that, that's cool. I thought it was fun 'back in the days' that people would just start screaming 'KORN' from the other side of the road or whatever if you were wearing a korn shirt or whatever.

15. Re: Korn Fans

Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 10:58 AM

...never had someone come up to me while wearing Korn merch, but people have commented on my ringtones. I change them all the time. Once forgot to turn off my ringer before a pediatric appointment. While doc was giving instructions my phone went off playing one of the guitar parts for AssItch. Had to fumble to find my phone in the diaper bag to shut it off. Once I had it under control the doc threw up some half assed devil horns and then resumed speaking.

16. Re: Korn Fans

Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Kornster wrote:
    I agree with what Jeroen Moody said.

I think it's also cool that if you're wearing a Korn shirt.. other fans will usually just come up and talk to you. Not always, but i've met some people like that, that's cool. I thought it was fun 'back in the days' that people would just start screaming 'KORN' from the other side of the road or whatever if you were wearing a korn shirt or whatever.

Yeah, I've had that a few times. I had on the old skool shirt and some dude screamed at me hanging out his truck givin me devil horns! LOL! Too bad there wasn't a Korn fan shirt that we could identify with people just on here........ hmmmmmmmmm *insert light bulb here*

17. Re: Korn Fans

Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 10:32 PM

I'm not a fan of most Korn fans.
    "DEAL WITH IT"

18. RE: Re: Korn Fans

Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 5:14 AM

Tammie wrote:
    "DEAL WITH IT"

This.

Most KoRn fans become entitled assholes who say this is wrong with the band and that is wrong with the band and everything is wrong with the band, and criticism is fine except most KoRn fans can't get enjoyment out of anything they do once they've finished hearing everything they've got out and start waiting for new stuff, and are unable to admit that they simply grew out of the band and in fact don't like them anymore.

It happens all the time, fans become uberfans become elitists become haters and then disappear.
    It's a plague of a lot of bands, but it seems KoRn fans are the ones who are most vocal about it.
    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

19. Re: Korn Fans

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:19 AM

RemoveTheVirus wrote:
    Tammie wrote:
    "DEAL WITH IT"

This.

Most KoRn fans become entitled assholes who say this is wrong with the band and that is wrong with the band and everything is wrong with the band, and criticism is fine except most KoRn fans can't get enjoyment out of anything they do once they've finished hearing everything they've got out and start waiting for new stuff, and are unable to admit that they simply grew out of the band and in fact don't like them anymore.

It happens all the time, fans become uberfans become elitists become haters and then disappear.
    It's a plague of a lot of bands, but it seems KoRn fans are the ones who are most vocal about it.
    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

I know what ur talking about. Those aren't real Korn-fans though.
    And in my experience Korn-fans aren't that bad.
    Try going to a Dir en grey show. Everybody is just standing around 123788462 hours before the show starts, talking big about how they were fans of the band before they ever released an album (and before they were even born, but who cares about details right?). Then they start stating about how they went to the first European show Dir en grey played (most of em were 5 then, some of em even make up shows that never existed). Then they start bitching about how the band should only play stuff from the old days and all the new stuff they make is crap.
    I'm getting so sick of hearing these people talk. And this is the case with almost every Japanese rockband-fan out there.
    When people start talking like that to me my attention is gone. Mostly I just walk away without saying anything or start talking to someone who makes sense.

But as I said I don't have much experience with Korn-fans acting like that (with a few exceptions of course), but maybe that differs per location.

20. Re: Korn Fans

Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them. - Albert Einstein

Newsletter Signup