Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:31 AM

A few weeks ago I suddenly "rediscovered" the group and have been listen to their albums almost exclusively since (I go through phases with my music). And it happens to be right on time with news of the new album.

Now, I'm aware that this is probably the group's most debated and splitting album, but it just so happens to be my favourite of theirs. Yes, even over Issues In fact, I'm listening to it right now! Even with losing two members and have a variety of session drummers, they really push the creativity with this and it's one of those albums where to get the full experience, you have to listen through it multiple times. I love those since they have layers of sounds and complexity and they stay fresh as opposed to straight-forward stuff.

The "gothic"/industrial sound on this is masterful. I will admit that a few songs aren't as good as others, especially when you listen to them passively, but overall it's a work of art.

I'm well aware that this is my opinion, so I ask all a youz; what do you think of it? Don't just say "it sucks balls cuz it's not real korn"; be more descriptive.

How does it make you feel?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM

HipnikDragomir wrote:

How does it make you feel?

*Dr. Phil picture*

2. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I like to call the album Turn the crank I think korn wanted to let the fans name the album kinda like metallica did with the Black album we should just call it the White album cuz of the white box cover LOL

any way the album was uhhhh korns most "beautiful" "Arsty" "less angry more positive" in terms of johns voice korn album pretty much

it was a lot more proggy DUe to Bozzio

and yeah BOzzio played a big part in this album once u hear anything bozzio is on u know that's bozzio

uhh what else I think munky said once that the album was the first time he felt Korn was a 100% alternative Rock band

TBO at times it sounds like a Pre Fear n the nervous system Cd u can tell this is a Munky album and even john too wrote or helped come up with ideas on guitar

3. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Couple of great songs on this album - Starting over / Hold on / Do what they say / Hushabye
    Not one of their best, but still a great improvement from SYOTOS which is to me the least interesting Korn record.
    Dirty - Best Korn song EVER

4. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Because of this thread I'm listening to Untitled now. I love it for what it is. First time I heard this was on vacation at Myrtle Beach back when they posted this on myspace. That vacation I also got the latest bootleg of Rock AM Ring which was what like a week before Jon went into the hospital. Crazy times.

5. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Its the album that got my wife alittle into korn. It was in the car cd stack and would randomly play the album.
    She loved the melody and vibe.not knowning it was korn.. It was the start for her.

6. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Norg wrote:

"less angry more positive"

I wouldn't say more positive in terms of lyrics. It's just that the music isn't doom and gloom and the lyrics are sophisticated as opposed to "fuck you, you raped me".

Norg wrote:

uhh what else I think munky said once that the album was the first time he felt Korn was a 100% alternative Rock band

I actually got that vibe from Untouchables. They really changed things up while being in their "prime".
    Norg wrote:

u can tell this is a Munky album and even john too wrote or helped come up with ideas on guitar

The guitar never stood out to me on this one. Literally because it's so far back in the mix. I'll have to try and listen out more for it.

7. RE: Re: Korn II - the

Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 6:23 PM

HipnikDragomir wrote:
    Norg wrote:

"less angry more positive"

I wouldn't say more positive in terms of lyrics. It's just that the music isn't doom and gloom and the lyrics are sophisticated as opposed to "fuck you, you raped me".

Norg wrote:

I actually got that vibe from Untouchables. They really changed things up while being in their "prime".
    Norg wrote:

u can tell this is a Munky album and even john too wrote or helped come up with ideas on guitar

The guitar never stood out to me on this one. Literally because it's so far back in the mix. I'll have to try and listen out more for it.

That's crazy because in my opinion Munky had a KILLER guitar tone on that album. It blended perfectly with Terry Bozzio's drumming. Overall the album was produced perfectly and sounded great to me. Very mature sound and the next logical step after see you on the other side.

8. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 2:35 PM

it makes me feel sane.
    "Don't give up, we all belong somewhere."

9. Re: Korn II - the

Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Viper1790 wrote:

That's crazy because in my opinion Munky had a KILLER guitar tone on that album. It blended perfectly with Terry Bozzio's drumming. Overall the album was produced perfectly and sounded great to me. Very mature sound and the next logical step after see you on the other side.

Perhaps it blended... too much ;)))

Mos def. I loved how mature and forward it was. It made Korn III sound juvenile in comparison with the music and the lyrics. I was pretty stunned. One thing, though, that I would love is one of those surround sound mixes for Korn II like other musicians' albums have. Where it's in a DVD. I would LOVE to blast that every day. The production is killer and open.

10. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 6:13 AM

To my mind Untitled reached its highly experimental level by Jon`s vocal training AND (even if I think David was the best drummer for Korn) the lack of David, while having these different session drummers. It give almost every song an absolutly various taste, that`s why it sounds that interesting to me, even though Korn ll isn`t my fave...
    Scream at me again if you like, throw your hate at me with all your might, hit me cause I`m strange, hit me, tell me Imma pussy and you`re harder than me...

11. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 9:01 AM

It is in my top three favorite Korn albums. The album was badly structured and had two or three awful songs on it, but overall it is was so well made and almost sounded like a live jam throughout. There was so much texture to the sound on that album and to me it sounded like a band trying to re-invent itself in the purest way possible. When I first heard the album I thought I had bought an unmastered/un-mixed version because the production was so incredibly strange, but as time went by my ears adjusted to it and I really came to love the album.

12. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Yeah, that`s right, it sounded like the band broke all their developed sound buildings, which were created throughout these 14 years of being a band, down, to start off with something pretty different.
    Scream at me again if you like, throw your hate at me with all your might, hit me cause I`m strange, hit me, tell me Imma pussy and you`re harder than me...

13. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 11:30 AM

l love this album, is one my favorites. The mystic from every song, Zac done a good job in this album too!
    I hope listen again in live perfomance some song from this record.

14. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 9:29 PM

This is my second favorite Korn album behind Untouchables. Becoming a fan when SYOTOS was released, this was my first Korn album that I got to experience the pre-album anticipation with. I loved Evolution and I Will Protect You and just couldn't wait to hear the rest of this wonderful album.

My favorite songs from it are: Starting Over, Love and Luxury, Kiss, and I Will Protect You

It also produced one of my favorite Korn videos: Hold On lol

15. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM

lol so why do you call it Korn II?

Isn't that Life Is Peachy?

16. RE: Re: Korn II - the

Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Niall O'Sullivan wrote:
    and almost sounded like a live jam throughout.

That's one thing I love about the production. Instead of being behind a variety of effects and control, it sounds like they recorded the thing in a garage. Great live sound.

MetalReviewist wrote:

No because the name of Life is Peachy is Life is Peachy.

"Untitled" is the second album to not have a title; the first one being the first album.

17. Re: Korn II - the

Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 10:42 PM

HipnikDragomir wrote:
    Niall O'Sullivan wrote:

That's one thing I love about the production. Instead of being behind a variety of effects and control, it sounds like they recorded the thing in a garage. Great live sound.

MetalReviewist wrote:

"Untitled" is the second album to not have a title; the first one being the first album.

The first album does have a title. It's just simply called "Korn". They aren't the first nor last band to have an album that's titled after the band name.

While we are on the topic, I actually enjoyed the Untitled album. I especially loved the tracks with Terry on drums.

18. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Crube wrote:
    HipnikDragomir wrote:
    Niall O'Sullivan wrote:

MetalReviewist wrote:

The first album does have a title. It's just simply called "Korn". They aren't the first nor last band to have an album that's titled after the band name.

While we are on the topic, I actually enjoyed the Untitled album. I especially loved the tracks with Terry on drums.

Even with that, "untitled" would be the second self-titled album, which would warrant the Korn II name.

19. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I like to call it Turn the Crank

other names like

The White Album

Raven

20. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Fri, May 16, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Fifty-five Vernis leatherLouis vuitton singapore embossed
    Michael Kors outlet sequence introduction has become
    Michael Kors Outletquite popular: the particular 55 Vernis collection
    Authentic Jordan shoes are Louis Vuitton layout movie director
    louis vuitton outlet online Bell ringer Jakob (Marc Jacobs) released
    Louis vuitton handbags the 1st joined up with LV
    Cheap Michael Kors apparent natural leather sequence,
    Air jordans for salehaving amazing coloration,
    Michael Kors Storeabout three-perspective brocaded
    Louis Vuitton Canda Outlet Monogram Fifty-five tag design
    Cheap louis vuittonand shimmering globule
    Michael kors handbagssparkly glistening patent
    Louis Vuitton Canadaleather-based, acting
    Louis Vuitton Canda classy mode, the particular
    Louis vuitton singapore outlet case the design, run
    Louis Vuitton Sale many years, has become lauded
    Air Jordans salewith the gals favorite,
    Michael kors outlet online end up being the endless timeless.
    Louis Vuitton OutletThis series of totes
    Louis Vuitton Australiaare generally named with the
    Louis Vuitton Outletstreets of latest York, such as Vernis Alma collection,
    Michael kors handbags outlet Ny ethnical gene derived from
    Nike Air Jordans onlineNew York modest Fernando Mark Jakob. 55 Vernis group of
    Louis vuitton Australia Outletleather material press with classy
    Air jordans for saleplastic-type material vibrant
    Michael kors storessurface area, semblance
    Louis Vuitton Outletbesides used
    Louis Vuitton Outleta and dynamic
    Louis Vuitton Canada crimson, purple,
    MK handbags outletenvironment friendly, azure mineral water
    Discount jordan shoes in addition to m at the begining of lactose (such as the
    australia louis vuitton outletbag of chips ~). Together with
    Stuart weitzmanpitch-black, Vernis line
    michael kors onlineprogressively add shimmer
    Louis Vuitton Canada Outletwith high level of red-colored
    Michael Kors UKbrown, violent and also
    Michael Kors Canada violet. Luxurious synthetic leather, geometric strains pattern exclusive, extremely smart, crease, Stewed dumplings package tote from the years of common, gives a alone(p) clean common sense of mode. The actual sales cost of concerning $the year 2000 (regarding xiii 1 , 000 yuan). Neverful Sequence Launch: Although Monogram neverful experienced be a block offer, farsightedness can be regular, merely bright board neverful Gramme as well as good-searching, along with graffiti besides permit this to straightforward style is stuffed with new verve. Get the money value. Locomotion lawsuit.

Newsletter Signup