Will 'The Paradigm Shift' be the best Korn album to date?

Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM

With the Paradigm shift set to drop in early October, many people are expecting a return to an earlier sound, what with Head returning to the band earlier this year. In truth the album is set to feature a lot more electronic elements than first anticipated. So what can we expect?

Many months ago a small group of fans, including myself, discussed the possibility of Korn doing a Path of Totality PT II. I felt that they would take the best elements of that album and combine those elements with a more familiar Korn sound from yesteryear and it looks like I might just of been right...somewhat.

The Path of Totality was largely a success for Korn, but in high and sight the band could of and should have done a lot of things very differently. Many will argue that The Path of Totality should of featured live drums and I completely agree. I don't think that would of comprised the direction of the album. Others also argued that the album sounded like it was "a great idea", but badly executed due to time restraints and the inability to get everybody in the same room at the same time.

So my question is do the people who bitch and moan about Dubstep really dislike it that much, or did Korn just not blend the two genres as well as they possibly could have? Is this next album set to be the best album of their careers and will the sceptical "metal heads" warm to a more electronic influenced Korn when the hear what the 'Path of Totality' could have been and should have been in 'The Paradigm Shift'?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Will 'The Paradigm Shift' be the best Korn album to date?

Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 9:34 PM

First of all, the return of Head is great but now there`re five different opinions instead of only four. Also, Head developed trough his eight years as a solo artist (as a person and a musician), though it seems like the band now is more complete than ever and they`re doin well with each other. Personally, I recognized these times that many rock/metal band trie to capture the 2013 vibe or spirit by involving more techno/electronica/dubsteb in their creations, just because it seems to be the way music has to be done today. I guess that`s why many guys expect Korn to learn from their first dubsteb influenced album and take all its good parts to push their "new style" forward, in form of another record. The point is: Korn had all the sucess you can have as a mature band so that they can look at stuff like sucess, new music,.. differently, they don`t have to care any more. By feeling free from that pressure they maybe feel also free from that dubsteb hype OR the fans` wishes to kinda do an "oldschool album". Who knows...
    Scream at me again if you like, throw your hate at me with all your might, hit me cause I`m strange, hit me, tell me Imma pussy and you`re harder than me...

2. Re: Will 'The Paradigm Shift' be the best Korn album to date?

Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 5:40 AM

munky has stated in an interview not long back that although the new cd does have electronic elements infused into it, it is a guitar heavy album, the electronic parts are mainly intros/background noise/fill so I would expect it to be all too electronic/dubsteppy espeshally compared to POT. but with JD/Munky/HeaD al saying its their favourite album I can see it being a good one, apparently love and meth is like hear to stay, I think a lot of the songs will have the oldschool jerky riffs that were used to in the old sound, never never is being leaked/released today and is supposed to be a heavy track so we will find out
    in the sea of life, your just a minnow,
    you live your life, insecure,
    i feel the pain, of your needles,
    as they shit, into my brain..

3. Re: Will 'The Paradigm Shift' be the best Korn album to date?

Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 5:42 AM

*wouldn't expect
    in the sea of life, your just a minnow,
    you live your life, insecure,
    i feel the pain, of your needles,
    as they shit, into my brain..

4. Re: Will 'The Paradigm Shift' be the best Korn album to date?

Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 3:17 AM

I just heard the first single and they really haven't progressed with regards to the electronic influences. Yes, it is all a bit beefier, but I wouldn't call that single a step in a new direction, in any way shape or form. Catchy song, but so predictable it bored me after a few listens.

5. RE: Will 'The Paradigm Shift' be the best Korn album to date?

Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 11:11 AM

What happen to Korn? I loved them since they were born! I heard the new single and said "Why?" !!!!! They use to be super bass heavy groove metal and now have become this recent electronic rock garbage! "Take a Look in the Mirror" was their last full,killer heavy ass cd and anyone rejecting isn't a TRUE Korn fan!!!! I hope the new cd is nothing like this wimpy crap single!!!!! .Ya'll want a single say fuck that....fuck that shit! Veteran needs downtuned,heavy Korn again!

6. RE: Will 'The Paradigm Shift' be the best Korn album to date?

Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 11:48 AM

metalmaster1973 wrote:
    What happen to Korn? I loved them since they were born! I heard the new single and said "Why?" !!!!! They use to be super bass heavy groove metal and now have become this recent electronic rock garbage! "Take a Look in the Mirror" was their last full,killer heavy ass cd and anyone rejecting isn't a TRUE Korn fan!!!! I hope the new cd is nothing like this wimpy crap single!!!!! .Ya'll want a single say fuck that....fuck that shit! Veteran needs downtuned,heavy Korn again!

Please shut the fuck up

7. Re: Will 'The Paradigm Shift' be the best Korn album to date?

Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 3:45 AM

metalmaster1973 wrote:

Have a listen to Love and Meth, you might like it.
    I will never run away...

8. Re: Will 'The Paradigm Shift' be the best Korn album to date?

Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 11:25 PM

korn always say they cant make everybody happy u don't like it then just don't buy there cd's and don't listen to it simple has that

Get the latest from Korn!