Will 'The Paradigm Shift' be the best Korn album to date?

Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM

With the Paradigm shift set to drop in early October, many people are expecting a return to an earlier sound, what with Head returning to the band earlier this year. In truth the album is set to feature a lot more electronic elements than first anticipated. So what can we expect?

Many months ago a small group of fans, including myself, discussed the possibility of Korn doing a Path of Totality PT II. I felt that they would take the best elements of that album and combine those elements with a more familiar Korn sound from yesteryear and it looks like I might just of been right...somewhat.

The Path of Totality was largely a success for Korn, but in high and sight the band could of and should have done a lot of things very differently. Many will argue that The Path of Totality should of featured live drums and I completely agree. I don't think that would of comprised the direction of the album. Others also argued that the album sounded like it was "a great idea", but badly executed due to time restraints and the inability to get everybody in the same room at the same time.

So my question is do the people who bitch and moan about Dubstep really dislike it that much, or did Korn just not blend the two genres as well as they possibly could have? Is this next album set to be the best album of their careers and will the sceptical "metal heads" warm to a more electronic influenced Korn when the hear what the 'Path of Totality' could have been and should have been in 'The Paradigm Shift'?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Will 'The Paradigm Shift' be the best Korn album to date?

Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 11:25 PM

korn always say they cant make everybody happy u don't like it then just don't buy there cd's and don't listen to it simple has that

Get the latest from Korn!