Would you stop listening to an artist's music if they did something you didn't like?

Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I'll make this brief but would your enjoyment of an Artist's music change if they did something you didnt like? I stopped listening to Korn after POT because of what Jon said about Obama and Illuminati. I dont agree with what he said and ever since I just cant find any enjoyment out of their music. Its like when a person says one thing and does another. What do you think? Have you had any similar experiences?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Would you stop listening to an artist's music if they did something you didn't like?

Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 3:28 PM

no if it sounds good, i don't care who made it or what they say, but it is always a plus when the artist is cool
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

2. Re: Would you stop listening to an artist's music if they did something you didn't like?

Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I see what you mean, thanks for all the replies by the way. I guess I have a hard time separating the two. Just taking it as entertainment I can see why it doesn't bother others, that's what its made for anyway. I suppose even though the music, or any form of entertainment for that matter is a reflection of the creator. But since its just entertainment it means nothing, or it has a much meaning as you give it. I'll give this some more thought, theirs probably some stuff artist I do like have done that I might not like and I don't even know it.

Again thanks for the responses, it gave me some new perspective.

3. Re: Would you stop listening to an artist's music if they did something you didn't like?

Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I met a few artists who were not really nice. That experience changed my feelings about their music. The only thing that would stop me from listening to an artist is hate speech and rude comments about fans. That's about it.
    Does it make me bad??

Get the latest from Korn!