The Path to Totality

Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I'm so excited to hear the new album! It's being released on November 15 which is four days before my birthday. What have you guys heard about it so far?
~C'est la vie

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: The Path to Totality

Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Im so sad ... this album maybe Sucks... we want some metal!!!!!!
    Costa Rica!!!!!!! presente

2. Re: The Path to Totality

Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Looking forward to it, as always. Not sure how I feel about the title, though.

3. Re: The Path to Totality

Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 4:51 PM

I'm really looking forward to it. Anxious to hear how a dubstep album will sound. Kind of a strange title compared to Korn's other albums though, and also some of the song names too, but whatever. We'll see what happens.

4. Re: The Path to Totality

Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 5:52 AM

Lookiing forward to the album. Can't wait to hear what it will sound like with the dubstep and all, because if anyone can pull it of.. it's Korn lol. But uhm the title.. sounds weird lol dunno why though. Oh well.. still yeah, cant wait to hear it :D

5. Re: The Path to Totality

Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 7:55 AM

my god. First "X", now "The Path to Totality"??? Who the hell comes up with these titles?!?!? Have you reached totality? That's like a last album thing. And the song names.... Just...no. *Sigh*. I see we haven't learned from K3. I don't have any influence over their choices obviously because I've been talking about this name game for a while now. Hopefully the album will be better than the names.
    Where do you go when no one's there? -I'm The One
    my korn banner

6. Re: The Path to Totality

Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 11:37 AM

i'm very excited for this album, it is one of the things i love about korn,having the balls to experiment and try new things...this album is going to be heavy and i think we are gonna see a classic jd as well....the album title is diff then the usual korn titles but that it what makes it so exciting...some people always claim there song titles are childish or dumb..now you get a title like this and guess what..yea there still bitching..i'm so sic of all the korn cry babies....nit pick every little thing,and i don't want to hear that you are such a big fan and that's why you bitch...idk but there is very little about korn i don't like,,i'm still as excited for this album as i was the last 9!!! i think some people maybe need to except they don't like korn as much as they once used to...but some how feel justified by picking at every little goddamn thing korn does,perhaps it is time for some of you to find a new band so that you can be happy!!!!!
    SHOW ME YOURZZZZZZZ AND I'LL SHOW YOU MINEZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!

7. Re: The Path to Totality

Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 11:49 AM

I heard it's gonna be BADASS!!! lol! I don't give a hoot, what they name it!! I'm excited for it to come out and in my greedy little hands!
    "DEAL WITH IT"

8. Re: The Path to Totality

Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 1:04 PM

eversince Belgium is not up to date to all this this is the first time i heard it. hope it will be just as god as the other albums though (what am i sayin? of course it will).

9. RE: The Path to Totality

Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Ok, so Dub Step... Is this KoRn with Dub Step or is this Jonathan w/ Dub Step? The single has no music, its all program stuff that, I guess, is the Dub Step part... So where is the music? Is this just another Jon side project? I don't understand why its a KoRn album if no musicians are writing music? Maybe other tracks are different but a single featuring only Jon is not KoRn. I love Jon and his lyrics!!!!!!!!!! He's done some kool stuff by himself. But I don't see how this is KoRn...

10. Re: The Path to Totality

Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 10:54 AM

I just heard a live version... Completely different from the track I heard earlier. So I'm completely confused and will now retract my previous statement!

11. Re: The Path to Totality

Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Oh, and by the by titles don't matter as much as music... AT ALL!!!!!!!!!! PLUS KoRn Albums titles haven't sounded like KoRn albums since Issues!!!!!!!!!! The 1st strangely titled KoRn Album was Untouchables! They've all been different since!

12. Re: The Path to Totality

Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 1:42 PM

I dont see why some fans are so concerned with titles of albums and songs. I dont give a shit what the album/song is called, I just want it to sound good.
    From what ive read on korn fansites, I honestly would not be surprised if some "fan" chose not to listen to a song just because they dislike the title.

I think the album will fair well. Although I dont care for dubstep, I look forward to hearing the album and hope it does do well.
    "I tried peace, I tried love, I tried kind, I give up You don't hear, you don't feel, Now I'm here, and I'm real I gave you my blessings, You've failed from testings, I'll show you what death brings, Now feel how my wrath stings"

13. Moderator

Re: The Path to Totality

Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 2:18 PM

I'm super excited to hear the new stuff...I'm just not that excited about the title! Just because I don't care for a title doesn't make me less of a Korn fan however! I think I'm capable of taking my favorite band and looking at them objectively and accept that sometimes I'm not going to like what they do or something they produce....and I'm OK with that. There is nothing wrong in having an opinion! I think some people take their opinions too far to either side of the pendulum however and that creates a bit of tension at times.
    Josie

14. Re: The Path to Totality

Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Agreed!!!

15. Re: The Path to Totality

Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 5:13 PM

If it's as awesome as the song with skrillex, it could be really really great !

I can't wait for it too ! But I don't know if you noticed that, but if Skrillex wasn't on this song, the sound of KoRn is really good, like an untouchable stuff, somethin' like that... I think with the help of Head KoRn should have made a song really close to that stuff with Skrillex, the inspiration here is back because the band is excited by the sound skrillex (or dubstep style) made, but I think that they could do that without him...

But that stuff with skrillex is really great, so excited to hear the new album too ! Live, it would be soo good ! \m/

16. Re: The Path to Totality

Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Interesting name, makes me wonder what it's supposed to mean, which makes me even more curious and more excited about it! Which, I didn't think that could happen but yeah, wow. Great name. Still it has me pondering. What does it mean?! What does it mean?! WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!! lols.

Here are some confirmed title tracks:
    - "Burn the Obedient"
    - "Illuminati"
    - "Kill Mercy Within"
    - "Narcissistic Cannibal"
    - "Chaos Lives in Everything"
    - "Get Up!" (single)

I can't fucking wait. Need now like a rockstar needs monsters. hehe. ;)
    "..and now I find it hard, to live, my own life...

pleasing everyone, while I'm, just dead inside"

17. Re: The Path to Totality

Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 8:11 PM

IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!

18. Re: The Path to Totality

Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 5:26 AM

lol im not hatin on them, it's not like i'm not going to listen to the album because of the name. im just joking around. im just wondering who comes up with these weird names. im still super stoked for the new album. i judge by the sound!
    Where do you go when no one's there? -I'm The One
    my korn banner

19. Moderator

Re: The Path to Totality

Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 2:42 PM

d1rtytr@sh wrote:
    Interesting name, makes me wonder what it's supposed to mean, which makes me even more curious and more excited about it! Which, I didn't think that could happen but yeah, wow. Great name. Still it has me pondering. What does it mean?! What does it mean?! WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!! lols.

Here are some confirmed title tracks:
    - "Burn the Obedient"
    - "Illuminati"
    - "Kill Mercy Within"
    - "Narcissistic Cannibal"
    - "Chaos Lives in Everything"
    - "Get Up!" (single)

I can't fucking wait. Need now like a rockstar needs monsters. hehe. ;)
    "..and now I find it hard, to live, my own life...

pleasing everyone, while I'm, just dead inside"

JD said in the chat that "the path to totality is the road you have to take to see a full eclipse of the sun"
    Josie

20. Re: The Path to Totality

Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 5:10 PM

I'm excited. People need to quit bitching about the song titles. They're different and most likely an indication of a fresh, unique sound for this era. Reminds me of when I saw the tracklisting for Untitled. Korn are indeed playing on "Get Up!", even Ray, so don't say it's all computerized. Look up drum triggers and educate yourself.

Newsletter Signup