Radio Airplay: Pre-album hype?

Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 9:06 AM

If you've been on KS you've seen this news piece:
http://www.kornspace.com/main/comment.php?comment.news.3629
If not, read it.
Well point being, Korn seems to be getting a lot of radio airplay recently. I for one, have heard korn once in my entire life on the radio. And suddenly today I go to WAAF and they play Got the Life five minutes before I put it on. I'd like to hear from you guys; noticed any surge of kornplay? I find it exciting for one thing! Pre-album hype. Get Up is great for publicity. This new album is gonna bring in a lot of new fans, and more radio play is even better! It's all tied together somehow, let's hear what ya think!

Where do you go when no one's there? -I'm The One
my korn banner

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Radio Airplay: Pre-album hype?

Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 3:13 AM

i actually hardly listen to the radio because there aren't any good radio channels over here. And the good ones...have to quit. But i listen online to some and usually freak on a leash or got the life do come around every once in a while. Would be cool if Korn would get more airplay again. That'd mean good music is coming back to the radio :P

2. Re: Radio Airplay: Pre-album hype?

Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 2:30 PM

In Indiana I don't think many stations play Korn. I have only heard Korn once on the radio, and it was 'Coming Undone'. However, I don't listen to the radio much unless I'm in someone's car.
    Your throat I take grasp.
    Then your eyes roll back.
    Love racing through my veins.

3. Re: Radio Airplay: Pre-album hype?

Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Here in Michigan, I listen to 103.9 The Bear sometimes and I've heard Get Up, Thoughtless, Coming Undone and even Play Me. I was kinda floored when they played Play Me. So yeah, I've noticed more air time lately too.
    "..and now I find it hard, to live, my own life...

pleasing everyone, while I'm, just dead inside"

4. Re: Radio Airplay: Pre-album hype?

Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 3:40 AM

I just recently stopped paying attention to my local alternative station's playlist, but last time I checked, "Get Up!" was only played a couple of times after midnight when everyone is asleep. "Oildale" was played like once when it came out in May 2010. I don't listen to the radio unless I'm in a car, and it's usually not my car. 94.5 in Houston do play plenty of older singles in regular rotation: "Got the Life", "Freak on a Leash", "Coming Undone", "Falling Away from Me", "Make Me Bad", "Another Brick in the Wall", and sometimes "A.D.I.D.A.S." and "Evolution".

5. Re: Radio Airplay: Pre-album hype?

Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 2:49 PM

The only Korn songs I ever hear on the radio (92.5 The Bear) are Got The Life and Freak On A Leash (which is cut to hell), but lately they've been playing Get Up a lot of course in hype of the new album. I'm really looking forward to the new album, despite that's it's going to be dubstep which I'm not a big fan of, but whatever. And I know it's going to bring some new fans which is always good, but I feel like they aren't going to be the same type of fans.

"Free me of your life, inside my heart dies.
    Your dreams never achieved, don't lay that shit on me.
    Let me live my life."

6. Re: Radio Airplay: Pre-album hype?

Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 5:27 PM

They need to hurry up with the second single...

Is this my overture,
    or obituary?

7. RE: Radio Airplay: Pre-album hype?

Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 8:19 AM

Also in Michigan, station is 89X they will play Korn, but it's the same ones for the most part.
    The main rock stations, don't play them much at all.

I usually listen to satalite to Octane, they play quite a bit of Korn with a little more variety.

8. Re: Radio Airplay: Pre-album hype?

Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 7:36 AM

Well no Korn on radio or TV in the Netherlands. Besides from top 100/200/enter-random-number rock-shows on the radio. They used to be all over radio and TV back in the late 90's and early 2000's though. Now, nothing yet.

Newsletter Signup