Replies to This Posting

1. RE: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 4:17 AM

I had the song freak on a leash for ages in my itunes library, but for my birthday one year my mum got me this album called rock2bux which had got the life on it. I thought it sounded good so i looked up the live version on youtube, and it came up with rock am ring 2006 got the life. Once i saw david silverias drumming i was instantly hooked. Hence me being a drummer ;)

2. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 4:36 AM

I got hooked right from the start, especially with the song Clown. I think it was the product of watching Rage late at nite on TV, and the Three Hours of Power metal segment they used to have on the radio late at nite too. Must admit, it wasn't just the music I was hooked on, it was Jon as well! I thought they were all hot ;-)

3. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 5:17 AM

My first track was Fake.

A very close friend introduced me to Korn. Love having my music up a little too loud in the car. Good memories!!!!
    Fairynuff's favourite saying is "She's Bang Tidy. I'm gonna smash her back doors in!!!!"

4. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 7:11 AM

My firsts tracks were from the "Niedereyer's Mind" demo they made, so Blind, Daddy, Predictable and Alive... Those songs were a little bit different, but the soudn was here !
    A guy bring back this demo at a party, back in 93...
    So I've heard it, and I was stuck by the music, the lyrics....

And I had to wait 6 or 7 months to hear again a sound from us... Caus the demo wasn't mine !! The longest months of my entire life.... ahahah

5. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 7:34 AM

I don't remember which specific song it was, but a friend let me borrow the 'Korn' CD and I never gave it back.
    -----------------------------------------

6. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 7:46 AM

The first song I heard was Twisted Transistor. It was when Criss Angel surprised JD in the SYOTOS studio on his Halloween special. I watched it in '08. I didn't think much of it at the time, but when I read CA's book he mentioned his favorite Korn songs and so I went on the internet and looked them up. I got SYOTOS and loved it, then got Untitled. It was radically different than any other music I listened to. I didn't like bagpipes before korn! But I latched onto these guys for their music and their message and the rest is history!
    Where do you go when no one's there? -I'm The One
    my korn banner

7. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:08 AM

I became a true KORN fan in 2000. That was the year when I first saw the video for Make Me Bad. To this day that is still my song.
    Does it make me bad??

8. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:39 AM

The first songs I heard were Evolution and Hold On.
    Signature

9. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:53 AM

First song I heard was Intro, from Untitled.

10. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 11:05 AM

The first Korn song I heard and saw the video for was Got The Life in like...2000 (or so) and I remember thinking 'yeah its cool but like at the two guitar players head banging like Slipknot....' haha

At the time I never knew that Korn were out waaayyy before The Knot :-)

Dan

11. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 12:43 PM

begforme4484 wrote:
    I don't remember which specific song it was, but a friend let me borrow the 'Korn' CD and I never gave it back.
    -----------------------------------------

ahahah I've done the same thing with the first of RATM ! :)

12. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Mine was Dead Bodies Everywhere. When I first heard it, it scared me, yet I loved it. It has that feeling of creepiness and dread, which is what I love about Korn. Even to this day it gives me the chills listening to it. I loved it so much I listened to a few more after that, which led me to buying Follow The Leader (my favorite album), which then led to me buying the rest of the albums over time.

13. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 11:39 AM

My friend played shoots and ladders in his car one day many years ago and i was hooked from then on

14. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 11:47 AM

My mom used to listen to Life Is Peachy all the time when I was little. But, when I fully got into Korn, it was Twisted Transistor that did it.

15. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM

makemebad_ wrote:
    My mom used to listen to Life Is Peachy all the time when I was little. But, when I fully got into Korn, it was Twisted Transistor that did it.

wooow your mom is greaat ! \m/

16. ANG avatar ANG

Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 7:34 AM

I heard OF them in 94, but never really heard their material, but I was intrigued and was a fan without really hearing them...it wasn't till 96 when a friends brother was like you listen to rock stuff right?? You HAVE TO HEAR THIS....and he played "Shoots & Ladders" I was hooked from that moment on!

17. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 6:08 PM

twist in '97 I instantly became a fan and have been since. The lyrics and the singer are what motivates me the most but I love their sound as well, even when they switch it up and make shit different. That right there keeps me listening. I'm not big on bands that keep going with the same sound all the time.

18. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 9:14 PM

In 2005 93x (the local rock station) played See You On the Other Side as part of their Sunday Night CD Download series in which they play entire albums at 10 pm on Sundays. I listened to it and thought it was some pretty cool music. The next day, I downloaded all of their albums and listened to the first 2. I really liked them and was hooked ever since.

19. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Back in like 04 - 05' I heard 'Freak on a Leash', I decided to look up the band and I instantly became hooked. However, I only had a burnt CD with pretty much all of their singles on it. A few months later I would start to discover other amazing songs.
    Your throat I take grasp.
    Then your eyes roll back.
    Love racing through my veins.

20. AJ* avatar AJ*

Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 10:56 AM

I first heard "Dirty" and liked it a lot. I was (and still am) a big Prince fan and that song had a Prince vibe with a hard rock edge to it.
    "The creative person is both more primitive and more cultivated, more destructive, a lot madder and a lot saner, than the average person." - Frank Barron

Newsletter Signup