Tension (featuring Downlink, Datsik, and Excision)

Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 10:04 AM

New Song

What do y'all think?

I'm really digging this dub-metal thing they're doing. The scat on this song is fantastic. That's something I've been missing from Korn since SYOTOS.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Tension (featuring Downlink, Datsik, and Excision)

Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 11:07 AM

This has to be some of Korn's best shit since Issues/Untouchables.

There is just something;
    That feels more "heavier" than TALITM.
    That feels more "experiemental" than SYOTOS and Untitled.
    That feels more "raw" than KIII.

In MY OPINION. I feel like Korn(or JD) have taken all their influences over the past 10 years and turning it into something simply fucking amazing with this song and hopefully with the new album.

It hits hard. It is something new. It is different. But keep that good shit coming. I'm pretty fucking stoked.

Call me an idiot. LOL at me. Tell me I'm wrong. I DON'T CARE.

2. Re: Tension (featuring Downlink, Datsik, and Excision)

Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 11:22 AM

nate3one wrote:
    This has to be some of Korn's best shit since Issues/Untouchables.

Agreed. I'm really excited for this album and I'm sure the excitement will only grow when Narcissistic Cannibal drops October 17th.

3. RE: Tension (featuring Downlink, Datsik, and Excision)

Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Absolutely love this song and I am sooo not disappointed with this album, so much better than I expected.

4. Re: Tension (featuring Downlink, Datsik, and Excision)

Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 9:05 AM

Lottie Ovington Malakian wrote:
    Absolutely love this song and I am sooo not disappointed with this album, so much better than I expected.

Ditto. Love that tune. I wasn't expecting anything too great from this album to be honest, but there is some really, really killer tracks on here.

5. Re: Tension (featuring Downlink, Datsik, and Excision)

Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Where is Tension? Am i missing something coz I've not heard that on pot

6. Re: Tension (featuring Downlink, Datsik, and Excision)

Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 7:36 AM

kornfaerie wrote:
    Where is Tension? Am i missing something coz I've not heard that on pot

It's on the deluxe version. If you have that one, it's the last song. If you have the version with 11 songs, you don't have it.

7. Re: Tension (featuring Downlink, Datsik, and Excision)

Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 3:39 AM

I don't see why any Korn fan would want to have the standard edition.

8. Re: Tension (featuring Downlink, Datsik, and Excision)

Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 6:40 AM

especially cuz of the deluxe edition coming with the encounter show. that shit was awesome and i always planned to make a copy of it for myself but then they announced it was being packaged with POT and even if the album sucked, that would have made the purchase worth it in my book. but the album definatly did not suck so it was a win win!
    and we're not gonna stop for the pigs or no one!

9. Re: Tension (featuring Downlink, Datsik, and Excision)

Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 10:08 AM

jdm040308 wrote:
    I don't see why any Korn fan would want to have the standard edition.

Purely because my 15 year son wanted to buy the cd for me for xmas and didn't know there was a deluxe edition.Been a devoted korn fan since the begining so don't go questioning my commitment to korn!

10. Re: Tension (featuring Downlink, Datsik, and Excision)

Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 5:21 AM

Tension is one of my favorites on the whole album.... kornfaerie... try downloading tension from itunes or something... you don't want to miss this one!

11. RE: Re: Tension (featuring Downlink, Datsik, and Excision)

Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Kornered wrote:
    Tension is one of my favorites on the whole album.... kornfaerie... try downloading tension from itunes or something... you don't want to miss this one!

Im torn over this one I like it but the rest of POT sounds like korn with dubstep elements and i've come to really appreciate it, personally i can't see korn playing this one it sounds more like what i would imagine JD plays in a dj set. But i love the lines "i love the things that make you upset, the more you hurt the stronger i get" I'm sure it will grow on me!
    Deep Inside, It can hide! Feeling so lost and betrayed, why does this happen to me everytime, Stuck in this place, where I can't escape Screaming and clawing from deep inside. Why won't it fade? Outside I had to lie; "I'm ok",
    I hope someday, I'll stop g

Newsletter Signup