KoRn Discrimination

Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 3:27 PM

How do you feel when people criticize your taste in Listening to Korn? It seems Korn (band) gets bashed frequently for some of these reasons:

- Metal fans dislike them cause they're not Metal enough
- Hip-Hop fans dislike them cause they're not Hip-hop enough
- The term Mallcore freqently used..
- or they use the excuse that they are for teenagers to listen to..!?

its fucking annoying. Korn is here to stay, I don't see myself not stopping anytime soon from listening to them (im 23)

What are your feelings on Korn bashing?? and where do you think all the hate came from..?
It feels like something...no, it's nothing

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 12:45 PM

misanthrope wrote:
    Wind Dancer wrote:
    Is that what NO. has Peter Pan Syndrome? If so GROW UP AND GO FIND ANOTHER PLAY GROUND!

Reading comprehension is not your strong point, is it?

Nope, especially, when I had far too many drink. YIKES!

"Men are not the only ones who love Hummers"

I love you Kashmir!

2. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Wow! I didn't know that people think that only kids listen to Korn. I'm surprised. To be honest, no one ever gave a shit about the fact that I listen to Korn. Except from my parents, but that's a different story.

If someone would try to talk bullshit about Korn I would get really angry. I understand people are entitled to their own opinions, but then again, I don't give a fuck. I mind my own business, so why can't they do the same?
    "Become good at cheating and you never need to become good at anything."

3. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 4:33 PM

So basically you're saying that people are entitled to their opinions so long as they don't express them, especially if they disagree with your own? But if you don't give a fuck then surely you don't care what people's opinions on Korn are, let alone "get angry" about it.

4. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Those reasons you listed Anomaly, come from a really shallow place. For example, to dislike Korn simply bc they're not metal enough is retarded. Its like "uh...so what, whats ur point?...they have their own unique sound goin on that's creative and innovative - thank god they dont sound like Saliva or someshit (or like all the really metal bands). I think its hard for the rigid or shallow metal fan to appreciate what Korn is doing with their sound. For the excuse that they are for teenagers to listen to sounds a bit ignorant. Anyone, at any age, can and do listen to Korn bc they want to, for whatever reason. And, I agree, Korn is here to stay. They have many fans of all ages and always will. To all the Korn Bashers who say Korn aren't metal/hiphop enough-mallcore-teenager bs excuse I say just STFU (before I slap u) and get up!! lol : p BC your reasons are RETARDED!
    How many people out there like to FUCK!!!

5. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 7:26 PM

misanthrope wrote:
    So basically you're saying that people are entitled to their opinions so long as they don't express them, especially if they disagree with your own? But if you don't give a fuck then surely you don't care what people's opinions on Korn are, let alone "get angry" about it.

FEEL FREE to express your feelings and opinions but why are you a member of this site?
    I don't think it's necessary to comment on a site that belongs to a band that you don't like.
    Come on, tell the truth! you are secretly racking up points by posting all of this BS lol

Keep Bangin!

Keep Bangin!

6. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 12:27 AM

misanthrope wrote:
    I contest that the reason I'm no long a fan is because I have grown the fuck up. I no longer have to vicariously address my emotions through others, especially not at the level of immaturity contained in your average Korn lyric.

I was talking about the people who say that they used to be fans until the P. O.T album was released. Change is a part of life and I understand that people feel like they can't relate to Korn anymore, but when you take the time to bash people for being fans then it makes you look foolish. Move on.

7. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 6:34 AM

I just found this by accident, in that I was solely seeking a picture of Jonathan playing JDevil so I could send it to the man I love behind the big wall-he is in prison. He loves KoRn! I am updating him on the band. Damn I wish I could send him a IPod, uploading all of KoRn's songs he has missed since being down. I am sending him many lyrics though, someday he will hear KoRn again. I cannot wait, each passing day is a day closer!

These are Jonathan's own words-

“I learned a long time ago you can’t make everybody happy so if you have your opinion and think we’re selling out and you don’t like it, don’t listen to it. It’s that simple.”

http://929dave.radio.com/2012/03/15/music-catches-up-to-korn-jonathan-davis-lifelong-love-of-edm-skrillex-dj-alterego-j-devil/

"Men are not the only ones who love Hummers"

I love you Kashmir!

8. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 5:58 AM

While I admit that I'm not fully clear on what Misanthrope's motivations for being part of this site are, it is important that any fansite has people who are critical of the band in question. Full consensus on the validity of culture is a stale condition and, frankly, a more analytical perspective from this community wouldn't go amiss.

9. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Misanthrope is probly here just for the shits and giggles he gets after calling ppl out. Heh but idk..:)

10. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
    While I admit that I'm not fully clear on what Misanthrope's motivations for being part of this site are, it is important that any fansite has people who are critical of the band in question. Full consensus on the validity of culture is a stale condition and, frankly, a more analytical perspective from this community wouldn't go amiss.

Nail. Head.

If you sit and talk to 10 people who agree with you then you learn nothing. If you talk to one person who disagrees you learn something. But hey, nothing stopping everyone from enjoying their Korn fanboy circle jerk despite my presence.

11. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM

ballocks to all the bashers,ive listen to korn from day one and yes they have moved with the times,thats ok,and for people to say they not metal,there metal enough for me and i love they new stuff,i seen them in belfast a few weeks ago,and ray was bashing the crap out of the drum kit,the others were ripping it up on the stay and jd as always was rockin the fuckin place out,the place was packed to the rafters and everyone had as far as i could tell a great time ,and if the dress code that night was anything to go by it was all metal/rock fans at the gig,theres diffrent levels of metal,at the end of the day its all fuckin metal.keep on rockin korn,and fuck the rest.
    if its dark and heavy , bring it on,metal forever

12. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:59 PM

13. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

LOL! I get a kick out of u Misanthrope

14. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Anybody who bashes Korn for being too "hip-hop" obviously hasn't listen to them. That's the number one excuse I see. They see that Korn is labeled as nu-metal, which by definition says it has hip-hop elements in it, so they think of Korn as rap metal or something. Yes, Korn does have a few songs (out of over a hundred) that have rap/hip-hop. But let's get this straight, Korn is a METAL band, not rap/hip-hop. They're just as metal as Metallica, Slayer, or any other metal band.

To me the whole nu-metal genre never made any sense. As I said earlier, nu-metal by definition has hip-hop elements. And Korn's debut album is considered the most pure form of nu-metal, yet where's the hip-hop in that? It's metal, 100% metal. To me, Korn has always been their own genre of metal.

15. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:53 PM

well said,straight to the point ,i like it.
    if its dark and heavy , bring it on,metal forever

16. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Fri, May 4, 2012 at 3:53 PM

KoRn is everything music SHOULD be, emotionally charged, fun to listen to, identifiable, I don't care how old you are you can't discriminate without making yourself look like a total idiot. I'm 25 and I've been there since the beginning they'll always be here because they're here for US their fans. It doesn't really matter what anyone has to say about it. I just recently attended a show and the place was PACKED with dubsteppers. I didn't mind because they were enjoying the same band I'm enjoying. so FTW and all the haters.

17. Re: KoRn Discrimination

Mon, May 14, 2012 at 12:27 PM

honestly.. i don´t think they´re that hip hop style you say...not even rap or whatever.. and i have that kind of people in my schooll, you know what i teell them?? FUCK YOU dont criticize tastes, KoRn are metal (or BLIND, COUNTING ON ME... is pop music??) wghen they say that kinf of things you should say to them to listen to the album "take a look in the mirror" it is fuckin heavy

18. Re: KoRn Discrimination

Wed, May 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Most intelligent people don't care whether or not someone else loves the music they do. I don't get tired of the bashing by legitimate people who are really not fans of the music. Their choice is like mine. I love what I love and nobody can tell me otherwise unless I'm a total idiot.

KoRn being only for teenagers is ludicrous. Music is for the very soul that can relate to and enjoy the music they put into their ears. Regardless of age, sex, race, etc. I let my children listen to KoRn while I was raising them. OMG!! Yes. I did. I'm not ashamed of the music I listen to. They love KoRn and it was of their very own choice. Thank God for free will!!!

"Sometimes, I hate, the life, I made
    everything's wrong every time"

19. Re: KoRn Discrimination

Thu, May 17, 2012 at 3:29 PM

that shit gets on mah nerves ppl at mah school used to do it to me, theyr probly still gunna i jus want them to leave me alone about it >:(

20. Re: KoRn Discrimination

Fri, May 18, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Haha i just listen to KoRn cus theyre amazing!!

Newsletter Signup