Fieldy No Thank Yous?

Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 7:03 AM

The reason for this post is I'm sort of concerned about Fieldy as of late I noticed in the cd booklet/inlay every band member had thank yous except Fieldy?, Anyone else notice he doesn't seem really excited about this new album or the direction the band has taken to remain fresh? Obviously his amazing bass playing is being overshadowed a little by the dub-step infusion. I love all Korn and think the new album is fresh and a step forward for Korn and music in general. Fieldy might not be into electronic/dub-step type of music and just kinda went along for the ride, maybe for the bands sake at least hes getting paid right? Ray also gets overshadowed on drums on the album but has embraced the project. I also noticed a interview video, the billboard trackbytrack where the band goes over each song and explains the orgin and meaning of the song. Fieldy, Jon, and Munky are all in the interview minus Ray, Fieldy looks pissed and not even a little bit excited he looks tired and bored like he is just going through the motions. Infact only Jon and Munky have mics. I'm just worried about him not having the want and inspiration to be in Korn anymore. Also some tension between him and the band regarding his side project stillwell, I've read a few places online stating the other korn members haven't really gave him much support with them or anything.

thoughts and sorry for long post

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Fieldy No Thank Yous?

Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Well, Munky didn't have 'thank yous' in the Untitled booklet. I dont think it's something to be concerned about. He seems fine and happy to me on the Encounter DVD; he even does guitar for 'Way Too Far' and mentioned in a interview or somewhere, maybe that new korn bio, he said when they worked on 'Get Up!' he knew it was something new and exciting and said everytime you hear 'Get Up!' it makes you smile. So I dont think he's against it that much; although he did get mixed out a little on POT. Also, Fieldy is the 'grump' of the band, he's known to be the grouchy asshole so don't be suprised if he looks 'pissed' or 'bored' and doesn't smile or something.

2. Re: Fieldy No Thank Yous?

Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 5:20 PM

I just watched the interview about the album and it just seems like they are all tired. We don't know what time of the day it is, I wouldn't read too much into it. I don't think any of the band members are "mad" about the album because Jon mentioned the fact that he introduced the new sounds and riffs to the guys and they were blown away which inspired the new project. Jon also mentioned the fact that he was nervous about introducing the dubstep sound to the guys so he obviously values their opinion when it comes to their projects. I wish them even more success and I think they constantly challenge their own talents which is the number one reason you can only respect them as musicians whether you like their music or not.

As far as the "thank you" from Fieldy, who knows? These guys need some time to themselves and their families. They have to be tired, they have been touring for years and I guess I would be quiet through most of the interviews too. I wouldn't analyze everything they do... they have relationships, friendships, and families just like us and it is impossible to do everything with a smile on your face every day. Let's just enjoy them while they are still together and stop anticipating the worse. Find a picture of them on pay day- I bet you will see plenty of smiles lol \m/

3. Re: Fieldy No Thank Yous?

Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 5:37 AM

Fieldly's always kinda been stand offish... I just think thats the way he is, maybe he's camera shy! Munky always seems to be the spokes person, followed by Jon.

I agree with kfan, we don't know what those guys have been through, touring, new album already.... they have to be just plain dogg tired.

Though when I met Fieldy in person, he was totally geeked because it was his first show with Stillwell and he signed my drawing (he had stillwell shirt on in the drawing) He loved it and I think he was just on a SW high that day.

4. Re: Fieldy No Thank Yous?

Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 2:22 PM

I think Fieldy has had that look to him ever since he became sober. Not saying he is unhappy, but he used to be known as the "partier" of the band. They all did there share of parting, but if people can remember 10-15 year ago, Fieldy was particularly known for being the stoner-drinker who would act goofy and play pranks. Ever since he has announced being sober and conversion to christianity, he has always had that sort of look to him.
    I would guess that Fieldy would be into the dubstep thing, just based on the similarities to hip hop that dubstep has. Yet I have not heard Fieldy speak to much about the new album.
    But who know, that no one to know but himself. We just got to hope all is well and continue to be supportive to Korn.

5. Re: Fieldy No Thank Yous?

Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 4:09 PM

The only input I will add to this is about what "no user name" said. After being a drunk, not a drinker.....a drunk for 25 years myself. 4.5 years sober now, You are different! Your friends see it people you work with see it EVERYONE sees it! IT IS A BETTER DIFFERENT! I'm much quieter, more layed back, some time that can be reflected as I am upset. I get "you ok" all the time even now working on 5 years sober. Just because of somber expressions on my face. When in fact, INSIDE MY HEAD! I could be having the greatest thought or memory and be truly very very happy at the exact moment I am asked "are you ok, you dont look yourself" After all this time I just throw out a little smirk and say "Yeah, I'm great"
    I think, or actually believe very strongly that "no user name" is on to something. He described me and he dont know me!!!

6. Re: Fieldy No Thank Yous?

Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 7:35 PM

no user name wrote:
    I think Fieldy has had that look to him ever since he became sober. Not saying he is unhappy, but he used to be known as the "partier" of the band. They all did there share of parting, but if people can remember 10-15 year ago, Fieldy was particularly known for being the stoner-drinker who would act goofy and play pranks. Ever since he has announced being sober and conversion to christianity, he has always had that sort of look to him.
    I would guess that Fieldy would be into the dubstep thing, just based on the similarities to hip hop that dubstep has. Yet I have not heard Fieldy speak to much about the new album.
    But who know, that no one to know but himself. We just got to hope all is well and continue to be supportive to Korn.

I also think the passing of his father has a lot to do with it. The loss of loved ones can have a profound impact on our personalities and outlook on life.

7. Re: Fieldy No Thank Yous?

Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 6:31 AM

I suppose you guys are right, just from all the current interviews and promotion for this album Fieldy didn't seem as involved or excited for it. I think Korn's sound blending with dub-step very well. Not many people have mentioned though Deadsy kinda had a similiar sound to this for years, maybe Orgy a little too. Not exactly the same but similar. I met Fieldy awhile back at the Family Values tour in 06' I believe it was, he looked less than thrilled in the picture haha but seemed like a cool guy, Was expecting to see atleast two of the band members but meeting just one of them after listening to their music and watching them play for years and years was surreal in itself.

Fieldy is still the man

8. Re: Fieldy No Thank Yous?

Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 4:11 AM

He said 'aww thanks man' to me in June hehehe =D

...be yourself, let you come through...

Get the latest from Korn!