Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 3:56 PM

So my husband and I are debating that korn will continue to do more dubstep and become a techno band but I said its just an experiment and they will go back to normal. (he does not like korn, I know what's wrong with him lol). So what do you all think or have heard will they become dubstep or is this a one time thing

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I picked up 4 copies of the special edition POT CD's just so I would have 1 in the car, 1 for the house, 1 to put on the wall and 1 just in case my car gets stolen. I LOVE KORN as a whole. I wish they would make another cd similar to POT... but we all know korn in forever evolving. I really could care less what style they make as long as is sounds good. Cause im a fan for life.

I dont know why anyone would want them to stay with the exact same sound.
    If you like bands that repeat the same recycled stuff over and over go listen to disturbed.
    I dare you to listen to all Disturbed's cd back to back.... I promiss you wont make it without drugs...
    Do that with Korn on the other hand and you should never be bored.

2. Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Doomcorp1ic wrote:
    I picked up 4 copies of the special edition POT CD's just so I would have 1 in the car, 1 for the house, 1 to put on the wall and 1 just in case my car gets stolen. I LOVE KORN as a whole. I wish they would make another cd similar to POT... but we all know korn in forever evolving. I really could care less what style they make as long as is sounds good. Cause im a fan for life.

I dont know why anyone would want them to stay with the exact same sound.
    If you like bands that repeat the same recycled stuff over and over go listen to disturbed.
    I dare you to listen to all Disturbed's cd back to back.... I promiss you wont make it without drugs...
    Do that with Korn on the other hand and you should never be bored.

What the hell is wrong with you?
    Why not just burn off some copies? You must have a pretty expendable income to be buying 4 special edition copies.

3. Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Disturbed 4th album has guitar solo, as a HUGE fan of guitar solos, i think that album sounds different from their other stuff.
    I hope one day that Korn will have some some. If anyone remembers how they did a guitar solo live in honor of Dimebag when he died, because he said how he liked Korn but wish they had solos. Munky also stated in old interviews (when head was in the band) that he had interested in adding solos, but Head always persuaded him not to.
    Anywho, back to the topic... Korn will have more albums in the future that will be experimental, there is no way to tell where they go next. next year will be their 20th anniversary from when Korn started, so I'm sure something new will come then as well.

4. Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Dubstep is shit. Anyone associating with it is shit by extension.

5. Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I sure am a developed piece of shit, then.

6. Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I am sure that dubstep is something that Korn is experimenting with. No matter what they do I am down with it.
    Does it make me bad??

7. Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 1:42 AM

ADandelion wrote:
    I sure am a developed piece of shit, then.

I take no responsibility for the truth.

8. Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 7:36 AM

I have no problem with your taste. But why do you adhere to it so rigidly? Is there really nothing of value to be found in a whole sub-genre?

9. Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Nope. Don't get me wrong, I value eclecticism but some things are beyond redemption.

10. Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 10:56 AM

omigod, Junco jeans!

When you throw away your glasses, can you do it on cam so I can watch and cheer?

11. gia avatar gia

Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 12:04 PM

next album wont be dubstep, JD said that few times already, there is smth new coming up...

12. Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 3:29 AM

They said just like hip hop/slapp bass etc stayed in their music, they will keep dubstep in some kind of way
    Everything is wrong everytime

13. Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 3:50 AM

theyre just doing whats popular atm and putting their own stamp on it creating their new sound just like they did in '93, if you stick to one sound then u will only have 2-3 decent albums then a few boring ones, one thing korn hasnt really done is got boring cuz they reinvent their sound each album, not 2 korn albums sound the same they evolve as a band the same way the music industry evolves thats why they still relate to the fans n get new fans at the same time, ive been a fan since the '90s but still love the music they do 2day part from untitled, i only bought it to complete my collection lol
    in the sea of life, your just a minnow,
    you live your life, insecure,
    i feel the pain, of your needles,
    as they shit, into my brain..

14. Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I sorta like dubstep but I don't think it will be around long. I actually get annoyed by it sometimes.

15. Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 8:33 AM

First off dubstep is not techno. Second, Korn has not become a dubstep band they are just incorporating some drops into their music and I love the new sound. I hope they stick with it. I'd also like to see Jonathan include a little more bagpipe!! How about an electric bagpipe with sound effects :).

16. Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Time for a divorce!

Edited to add I like the dubstep and I think it will probably be a fad as there isn't much you can do with it really without it sounding alike after a bit. But then again they said rock n roll and rap were fads so.............

17. Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I think Munky has already stated that their next album won't have dubstep in it. That is fine, I don't think Path of Totality was meant to be a starting point of having Korn come out with dubstep infused albums. I think it is more along the lines of Untouchables in that Korn experimented, came out with something different, and will continue making music their own way. I just hope that the next album won't be labeled as a "return to roots." That seems to be common practice after coming out with experimental albums like this. Take A Look In The Mirror followed Untouchables and then Korn III came after SYOTOS and Untitled.

I wouldn't mind another dubstep album in the future or maybe just a few EPs but I don't think Korn is completely going the electronic route. Korn is just being Korn

18. Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 2:39 PM

You can never really predict how Korn will sound - which is great about Korn!! I can bet their next album will have electronic influences (but so did FOTL and Untouchables) and heck, I hope they even do a few dubstep songs, but change is part of the beauty of Korn!

19. Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 4:34 PM

FOLKMETAL lets go

20. Re: Will dubstep stay or be a one time thing

Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I agree with previous posts that Korn will simply do what they wish, and leave it at that. I think the dubstep will be a modifying experience in their music, but I don't think it will override the previous work they have done, just add to it.
    There is no sound more
    beautiful than the tenor
    of a troubled man

Get the latest from Korn!