JD is PERFECT?

Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I've been reading some blogs and forum posts and I realized that some people have unrealistic expectations of Jonathan Davis and then they bash him when he doesn't live up to them.

Do you like Korn for their music or the sick twisted fantasies that live in your head? or maybe a little of both? Kind if scary huh?

If you love a band, love their work...stop worrying about who they take home, where they live,what they do on their time off etc. We are all humans, no one on this earth is PERFECT.

You love the band for their music, and the creative way they deliver their songs and it shoud stop there unless you know them personally and deal with them on a daily basis.
Jonathan davis goes hunting and all of a sudden you want to boycott the band's music, well maybe you should look deep inside and figure out why is it allowed in your country, city etc.. What about all of the other bands you listen to? what do they all do on their time off? drugs, smoke, sex, etc... judge them all... stop listening to music! don't leave the HOUSE!
Because YOU are perfect and everyone else doesnt live up to your expectations and fantasies. There's so much more going on in this world that you should worry about, enjoy the damn music and stop worrying about everything else "SHUT THE FUCK UP, GET UP!"

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: JD is PERFECT?

Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Do you like Korn...

No.

2. Re: JD is PERFECT?

Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I agree 100%. I like you already. Yes, I love KoRn and no I don't care what they do with their personal lives. It's NONE of my damn business or anyone else's. Some love to believe they have the right but do you see any member from KoRn digging up old or personal shit from their fans and making a big fucking deal out of it? No.

Is KoRn perfect? Damn close. Is JD perfect? Even closer. That is, when it comes to his art.

"everything is wrong every time"

3. Re: JD is PERFECT?

Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I love Korn but if I or any other fan has a problem with something a member does or believes, why shouldn't we be able to say so? I know those guys are far from perfect but there are certain things that strike a chord with people. Animal abuse is one of those.

4. Re: JD is PERFECT?

Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 7:48 PM

You have a strong valid point. Nothing wrong with free speech. I do not believe animal abuse is something anyone in the band is involved in as of late yet I could be wrong because I do not know. Which is why I believe your statement accusing of such thing is just as wrong. Since you really do not know whether he did or did not. Proof is what most love to see and I haven't seen it as of yet so I am not willing to go bashing someone whom I do not know what and who they do with their free time. Though, doing up a picture in photo shop will probably come to someone's mind that does not have a life.
    I am all for freedom of speech but people...have your facts straight first before you go in clawing and biting at someone who I almost know for certain would never harm something that is defenseless unless it deserves it.
    I rest my case, your honor.
    bahaha.

5. Re: JD is PERFECT?

Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 8:08 PM

d1rtytr@sh wrote:
    You have a strong valid point. Nothing wrong with free speech. I do not believe animal abuse is something anyone in the band is involved in as of late yet I could be wrong because I do not know. Which is why I believe your statement accusing of such thing is just as wrong. Since you really do not know whether he did or did not. Proof is what most love to see and I haven't seen it as of yet so I am not willing to go bashing someone whom I do not know what and who they do with their free time. Though, doing up a picture in photo shop will probably come to someone's mind that does not have a life.
    I am all for freedom of speech but people...have your facts straight first before you go in clawing and biting at someone who I almost know for certain would never harm something that is defenseless unless it deserves it.
    I rest my case, your honor.
    bahaha.

Your text to link here...

That's the only place I could find the quote. It doesn't mean he said it but they did supposedly quote him. I'm not accusing him of it but if he does do it, I have a problem with it. As far as the OPs statement that the band doesn't go around digging up dirt on fans goes, fans don't put themselves out in the public. When you take a high profile job, it comes with responsibilities and expectations. Basically, your life is put under a microscope for all to see. Is that fair? Probably not but it goes with the territory. I'll trade my life of obscurity for one of riches and fame if JD is unhappy. :P

6. Re: JD is PERFECT?

Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 9:23 PM

WHoa! the only thing that i'm trying to say is...
    don't take things too far as to boycotting their music- you can disagree with what they do in their free time but you like them for their music so don't judge when you don't really know for sure. I never saw a post from JD that read " just shot a innocent animal today! woooooo! can't wait to do it again!" I know he mentioned hunting boars but DAMn! don't take shit so personal unless you know for sure...

7. RE: JD is PERFECT?

Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I respect all opinions whether I agree or not..

I'm just tired of all of the bitching about the band's personal life...
    stick to the music

If you don't like them, then why are you a member of this site? I don't understand...

8. RE: JD is PERFECT?

Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 9:34 PM

@ riklite... you are welcome to express your opinions brother!

I just want to understand where everyone gets their info...

There's nothing wrong with FAN APPRECIATION..photo shop the hell out of everything!! Thats what this page is about but why take the time to write negative stuff when you don't like the band?
    People actually took the time to make an account, create a profile just to say that they hate Korn?? really? Well we all know that you hate korn (who ever hates Korn) now what?

FREEDOM of speech all day ! I'm just trying to understand some of the negative feedback

9. RE: JD is PERFECT?

Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE FAMOUS FOR PEOPLE TO JUDGE YOU... THAT IS SOME OF THE SHIT THAT MADE KORN THE BAND THEY ARE TODAY. BULLIES, CRITICS, AND ABUSERS..

PEOPLE MAY JUDGE YOU AS A FAN FOR LOVING THIS BAND, I SAY FUCK EM ALL!

WE ALL LOOK UP TO SOMEONE IN THIS LIFE, THEY MAY HAVE BEEN PERFECT IN YOUR EYES AND SOMETHING HAPPENED TO MAKE YOU SEE THEM FOR WHO THEY REALLY ARE- ---- HUMAN! ACCEPT IT AND MOVE ON!

\m/ I love a good debate!! write whatever you want!! I signed up to share my love for Korn with other fans. I think I wasted enough time on this topic! I hope all of the negative people on this site continue to support Korn and enjoy the band for their talents and not what YOU think they should be doing on their off time! \m/ rock on!

10. Re: JD is PERFECT?

Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 1:33 AM

That article is from December 2004. Jonathan used to talk about hunting animals such as wild boar all the time. I'm pretty sure he gave up that lifestyle along with the serial killer memorabilia.

11. Re: JD is PERFECT?

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I am a big fan of Jonathan Davis and there are some things that he collected in the past that he gave up.No matter what he believes or is into he is still my hero reguardless.
    Does it make me bad??

12. Re: JD is PERFECT?

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 7:41 PM

misanthrope wrote:
    Do you like Korn...

No.

but you post negative comments about them on their forum towards their fans. That sir, makes you a troll. Get a life.

13. Re: JD is PERFECT?

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Clearly you didn't, and don't, post on the original Korn board. FYI, all of us on that forum are watching this and laughing at you all.

http://korn.bhlabs.com/kornboard/index.php?/topic/921-the-official-korn-message-board/page__st__40

14. Re: JD is PERFECT?

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 5:25 AM

misanthrope wrote:
    Clearly you didn't, and don't, post on the original Korn board. FYI, all of us on that forum are watching this and laughing at you all.

http://korn.bhlabs.com/kornboard/index.php?/topic/921-the-official-korn-message-board/page__st__40

And yet you claim you aren't a troll while building a mountain of evidence to the contrary.

15. RE: JD is PERFECT?

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 5:57 AM

If you do truly believe I am a troll then I must thank you for feeding me so very, very much.

16. Re: JD is PERFECT?

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 6:03 AM

misanthrope wrote:
    If you do truly believe I am a troll then I must thank you for feeding me so very, very much.

Yes, I guess I did feed you but you have recieved your last meal from me.

17. Re: JD is PERFECT?

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Hmm I don't care what Mr. Davis does or any Korn member for that matter. As long as they're creating their music I'm happy.
    "Become good at cheating and you never need to become good at anything."

18. Re: JD is PERFECT?

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:40 PM

kfan78 wrote:
    WHoa! the only thing that i'm trying to say is...
    don't take things too far as to boycotting their music- you can disagree with what they do in their free time but you like them for their music so don't judge when you don't really know for sure. I never saw a post from JD that read " just shot a innocent animal today! woooooo! can't wait to do it again!" I know he mentioned hunting boars but DAMn! don't take shit so personal unless you know for sure...

That kind of describes Ted Nugent! lol Long live Korn!!

19. Re: JD is PERFECT?

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I doubt I would affect anyone, were I to give my opinions on the members of Korn and the validity of their actions.

I will say this, though. They are extremely fallible people who people, unfortunately, tend to be idolized by their fans. And then the inevitable happens; the private goes public, you see a sad little ugly aspect to someone's personality when you REALLY don't want to see it, and so you have a dilemma: to lash out or to close your eyes?

My only wish is that people would remember that bands owe you nothing except for a standard amount of music on the CD you bought from them. And that lingering and obsessing over the life of someone who, frankly, doesn't give a fuck about your existence (not in a bad way... it's simply true) is not productive.

20. Re: JD is PERFECT?

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Tru dat Adan!

Lol of course JD is perfect! He's smoking hot! Heh heh *winky wink*

Get the latest from Korn!