David in a New Band

Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Tip-off from lenzmaniac of Kornspace. Many thanks to him.

Here he is playing. Band name appears to be Infinika.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: David in a New Band

Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 6:03 PM

pongtastisch wrote:
    Shame ...

Agreed!!!

Korn 4 Life!!

2. Re: David in a New Band

Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Hell yeah!! I am looking forward to that. Dave is such an excellent drummer.

riklite wrote:
    He's getting his chops in order for the original Korn lineup reunion with Head.

Does it make me bad??

3. Re: David in a New Band

Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 6:55 AM

I think it's awesome that he is choosing to still do something that involves drumming.
    Your throat I take grasp.
    Then your eyes roll back.
    Love racing through my veins.

4. Re: David in a New Band

Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 2:06 PM

It's nice to know he didn't give up on his music. Great drummer. Good for him.

"Sometimes, I hate, the life, I made
    everything's wrong every time"

5. Re: David in a New Band

Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Well..maybe if korn stayed true to their originality instead of succumbing to commercial trivial sales figures, the original lineup wouldnt have left. Even Trent Reznor said he knew how korn had been writing their songs...That is, they werent even writing anymore..They were hiring people to write their songs for them..

6. gia avatar gia

Re: David in a New Band

Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 12:37 AM

who cares about what David says, not speaking of Trent Reznor....

7. Re: David in a New Band

Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 6:53 AM

TIMEisaHYMN wrote:
    Well..maybe if korn stayed true to their originality instead of succumbing to commercial trivial sales figures, the original lineup wouldnt have left. Even Trent Reznor said he knew how korn had been writing their songs...That is, they werent even writing anymore..They were hiring people to write their songs for them..

Co-writing songs with the band is different than handing other people a notebook and telling them to write the entire album from top to bottom. You'd be surprised how many rock bands hire co-writers to collaborate (keyword) on their albums. Why do you care? Korn certainly haven't lost their "creative ability." Good riddance to David; the door is open for Head and I would love to see him playing with Korn again. Ray, however, is a better drummer than David, and he's not a douchebag. Quite the opposite. Anyone who has the opportunity to meet Ray can't say anything bad about him.

8. Re: David in a New Band

Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 7:45 AM

jdm040308 wrote:
    TIMEisaHYMN wrote:

Co-writing songs with the band is different than handing other people a notebook and telling them to write the entire album from top to bottom. You'd be surprised how many rock bands hire co-writers to collaborate (keyword) on their albums. Why do you care? Korn certainly haven't lost their "creative ability." Good riddance to David; the door is open for Head and I would love to see him playing with Korn again. Ray, however, is a better drummer than David, and he's not a douchebag. Quite the opposite. Anyone who has the opportunity to meet Ray can't say anything bad about him.

^Yes :)

"DEAL WITH IT"

9. Re: David in a New Band

Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 12:00 AM

I've just caught up on the whole David Situation today. I've been watching KoRn videos all day. From "Faget" in some bar, before anyone knew the lyrics except Jon, all the way up to listening to the new album and watching all the Head reunion stuff. I've been homeless all year so forgive me for not going to a concert...

https://www.facebook.com/david.r.silveria/posts/662560027105295
    I read David's facebook post
    from 12/13 about the groove of the band, and how Jon was in the studio for the writing process during the first 3 records. And all the stuff about how Fieldy is a pussy and David thinks he deserves credit for all sorts of shit....

I think David AND the other 4 should SUCK IT THE FUCK UP... Nothing is ever one sided anyway... The new KoRn is still a beacon for SO many kids all over the world. Saving lives by exorcising our pain... BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE SHIT.

KoRn is the 5. Plain and simple.

David has said he would come back, even playing in that shitty other band to prove that he does still like to drum. But now he is in the position of being a dick... and KoRn are still the rock stars. So KoRn needs to contact him, and everyone needs to suck it up and be the friends that you were in 94, that I watched in "Who Then Now?" because those friends made the music that saved my life, and they gave me something to believe in. Not only the music, but that brotherhood. The reason me and my friends, among so many others, began playing music. The reason I started a band. A lot of days, even still, the reason I get up in the morning...

But I've never thot that about any of the post-David KoRn. I think it sucks huge balls... sorry KoRn. Ray is a great drummer, and seems like a great guy and huge korn fan. But I NEVER listen to any KoRn song without david in it after the first few times i've heard it. I listened to the Paradigm Shift today, all the way through, and it was better than most everything out there, but i'm not that interested in listening to it again.

I'd rather keep listening to Rage Against the Machine, OutKast, Atoms For Peace, Crystal Castles, SlipKnot, and old KoRn.

This is KoRn.com, Right? Someone in the band should read this at some point. If the boys are all grown up now and believe in the Light than be the Light. We need the fucking light now more than ever. Step up and Invite David back into the band, and give us KoRn back.

Everything is Love, Right? God is Love... I think the guys have had money for too long and need to remember what its like to be broke as fuck. The three best records of all time were made by some broke ass kids from cali that liked metal and hip hop.

Where's the korn that made "KoRn's Groovy Pirate Mystery" episode of South Park?

I'm not saying you can't include new elements, obviously things evolve... But i heard Fieldy and Head talk about "5" and "Reconciliation"... but thats discluding David... So WTF???? What are you teaching kids, that its ok to just abandon our friends because they may be a little pissy or quiet? Thats a bunch of bullshit... I love KoRn, but KoRn died a long time ago.

KoRn never needed a big producer. Issues was a fantastic album. My second favorite. So are some of the later works. But KoRn was a grass roots band. KoRn was a dirty band. KoRn was an Honest band. KoRn reminded me that my pain is justifiable, and that there must be a Supreme Ocean called Love out there somewhere, but so much of that was the groove. It was so honest... Jon you don't need producers OR drugs to help you write lyrics, dude. Just be honest.

KoRn either needs to RECONCILE FO REAL, or stop, because all the kids that listen to your new shit, they don't even know about the old shit, or if they do, they don't know SNOT, and Mr. Bungle, and Adrenaline by the Deftones, WHAT WOULD LYNN STRAIT SAY? Most of these kids aren't getting it quite right because KoRn isn't... We need your help KoRn... We will help you help us... EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!!!!!

Newsletter Signup