Autographs

Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 5:30 AM

In 1995 I got to go backstage at the State Theater in Detroit and talk with some of the guys from KoRn. I wanted autographs so I took this schedule off the back stage wall and got it signed. The autographs are in the lower right. Obviously Head signed it at the bottom but above that it says "Peace & Thanks, Carl" (that's me) and has the modified smiley face thingy. Is that Jonathan's signature? I stuck a KoRn sticker at the top and framed it. I'm just wondering if Head wrote all of that and the symbol is just a symbol for Korn or if Jon signed it too. I really don't remember!

Replies to This Posting

1. Moderator

Re: Autographs

Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Yes, HIV is Jonathan's signature. The rest of the schedule is probably someone else though. Nice autograph you got there! I don't see too many personalized ones by JD.

2. Re: Autographs

Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Coool! I remember talking to Jonathan but didn't know about the autograph. HIV, haha, didn't know that's what that was!

3. Re: Autographs

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:06 PM

That is so cool, man.
    Does it make me bad??

4. Moderator

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Yep! HIV has been his signature for a long long time! It's tattooed on his arm.

5. Re: Autographs

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Josie wrote:
    Yep! HIV has been his signature for a long long time! It's tattooed on his arm.

Why does he use HIV as his autograph?

6. Moderator

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:01 PM

He adopted using HIV as a reminder. In one interview: As a reminder Jonathan has "HIV" tattooed on his upper left arm. "That tattoo has probably saved my life. You know in situations when passion and lust take over your brain.... I take a look at that tattoo and I remember that the virus is out there and you never know who's got it" says Jonathan.

7. Moderator

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:06 PM

It's been his nickname for a very long time.

8. Re: Autographs

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Thanks Josie. I just did some reading up on Jonathan and his childhood. I only knew part of it. I grew up in children's homes because my parents died when I was 6. I also suffered a lot of abuse and can so relate to a lot of what Jonathan says. I have a lot of respect for the man. I bet a lot of his fans like him because they also had messed up childhoods. Long live Jonathan Davis!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Re: Autographs

Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Does anyone know if Jonathan has (or will) sign his real name? I am going to the San Fran show with the VIP deal, and I would really love to have his actual signiture. Just wondering if anyone knows if he does this.

10. RE: Autographs

Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 6:29 PM

He signed his usual signature on everyones at the Detroit show.

Newsletter Signup