Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 9:29 PM Sticky

Points are awarded to users based on activity on the site. The current set up is like so:

Repeatable:
Post a comment, Value: 1 pts
Post a blog, Value: 10 pts

Unlockable:
Signup, Value: 1pts
Be a member for 5 days, Value: 50pts
Be a member for a month, Value: 100pts
Be a member for a year, Value: 500pts
Have 5 friends, Value: 50pts
Have 15 friends, Value 100pts
Have 50 friends, 500pts

You can view your points history by clicking on your points total in the dashboard, or on your profile.

Now what do they mean? In the near future items will be made available for purchase with these points, Some of these items could be physical, or digital. I can't say yet what these things might be but they will be awesome! We have some improvements in the works for the points system like rewarding a blogger for creating a popular blog with other users (based on original comments), or starting a thread in the forums that gets a certain amount of replies.

When you spend points your visible total will remain the same (as other users see it), but your available points to spend will decrease, you can view your spending history on the same pages mentioned above.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: POINTS

Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 10:52 PM

wow!!!! that's nice
    svp

2. Re: POINTS

Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Thanks for the help bro

3. Re: POINTS

Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 1:58 AM

This makes me not be lazy...LOL.

4. Re: POINTS

Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Just joined the site and was wondering what they were for. :b

Thanks! c:
    "Truth is pain."

5. Re: POINTS

Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Nice:D

6. Re: POINTS

Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Cant Wait for more stuff to come out!! :)
    (Thoughtless Screaming)

7. Re: POINTS

Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 6:07 PM

I have been noticing that I am no longer getting points for commenting on blogs or when I make a new blog. Are we not getting points any more?

8. Re: POINTS

Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 1:44 AM

That's weird. I still get points for blog comments.

9. Re: POINTS

Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 2:52 AM

Hmm me too - if ur still having issues, Faust, it may be worth querying it with groundctrl. Otherwise an earlier post says there's a character minimum, but it doesn't specify the minimum number of characters to use.

Follow The Path Of KoRn, Where Life Is On The Other Side Of The Mirror, Issues Are A Paradigm, And Untouchables Remember Who You Are Inside

10. Moderator

Re: POINTS

Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 5:00 AM

Hmm..yes there is a minimum character count to get points for a post and it's not an advertised count. If you are still having issues, report it to support.groundctrl.com as it seems it might just be your account.

Moderator, Korn.com & JDevil.com
    Administrator, KillbotOfficial.com

11. Re: POINTS

Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 7:47 AM

Fetching user quote, Please Wait...

I tried that site in two different computers, but they would never load the page that lets me voice my trivial concern. It there a problem with that portion of the website?

12. Moderator

Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Hmm...not sure...I can check with GroundCTRL or you can submit a Support Ticket support.groundctrl.com.

13. Re: POINTS

Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Cool. Thanks Josie! One of these days I hope we can talk when I am not in some lame crisis like no point or that robot attack from a while back.

Peace!

14. Moderator

Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 6:02 AM

Faust, I am told that it should be fixed now! Give it another try and let me know if that worked!

Get the latest from Korn!