Daily moderator of the chat

Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 8:02 PM

To whom it may concern:
I've been banned from Korn.com's chat, for no apparent reason. I got on for 5 seconds, earlier today and left, without saying a word. I did notice the moderator star next to the user name ISSUES, whom claims to be 12 years of age. I tried to log back on about an hour ago and immediately got a pop up that stated I was banned. Could someone please get a little more control over whom is in charge of things around here? Especially by someone under the age of 18, which is questionable in the fact that some that are 20 years older, can behave the same way. It's fine if people goof off and mess around with banning and joking, to let the person right back on, but if they have no legitimate reason, but to be an ASS, then further action should be taken.
Thank you,
Tammie
"DEAL WITH IT"

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Great job on keeping up on things.......
    "DEAL WITH IT"

2. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 4:37 AM

The mod is there to do exactly that...moderate the conversation. To "play games" with banning is not only outside the limits it's downright stupid! Being a moderator is a responsibility to be taken seriously! UN-BAN TAMMIE!!!!
    If you don't listen to the words you're only hearing half the music!

3. Moderator

Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 3:04 PM

There should be no moderators without our authorization. What was their username?

4. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 3:43 PM

His name is Issues he's really young.He has said he tried to undo it but I guess it didn't work? Evidently whoever signs on first gets the mod abilities seems like a lot of people try to do that. There definitely needs to be some moderation but not like that.

5. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 5:42 PM

ISSUES And Ultimatekornfan. I get on the chat and they start in on me when I corrected a misspelled name and they start calling me names. Do you guys keep records of the chat? Cuz I clicked on their names and ignored them, which I just discovered today, great button. I want no part of little children causing trouble and won't leave it alone, taunting.
    "DEAL WITH IT"

6. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 9:57 AM

See that purely sucks!
    I used to moderate on a site and crossed wires were common place to be at the root of member disagreements .. you were simply sharing knowledge not criticizing, so why react in that fashion?

*Have to say that teen angst was also the cause of a lotta site crap .. thinking before you speak huh!

The commonality is that we're all fans .. I fucking hate this shit!
    Sorry that you were at the brunt of that (X)

7. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 12:32 PM

I feel the need to toss my quick two cents on here.

I'm not sure if grnd(ctrl) has the capability of controlling features like that in a Tinychat room. That said, if they do, however, have the capability to, I think that no basic user should ever be allowed to have moderator or admin privileges. I've only seen one person use the moderator power appropriately so far, and that was due to a user posting obscene images on their webcam.

I've seen many instances of people abusing the moderator rights. I've seen it abused due to immaturity, lack of intelligence, and just for the hell of it. I have also personally been threatened to be banned as I am disliked by a handful or two of people, which doesn't bother me.. but for people to use it because they consider themselves part of a clique and don't like certain people is unfair.

Another suggestion aside from removing user admin rights that I would like to make is.. quite simply, an age restriction. In my honest opinion 12 year olds, 13 year olds, and possibly older, have no place amongst an open chat dialogue. Especially on the internet. I don't know what age to set the restriction at, but I believe it to be wise to at least have one. Facebook, Myspace, and other social networking sites where you can interact with other people have age restrictions in place for a reason. A very 'cover your ass' kind of reason.

Nate.

8. RE: Daily moderator of the chat

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 12:55 PM

I like the idea of an age restriction but it would be easy to lie. Is banning necessary, especially when we can ignore people? Maybe users should be able to label someone a creeper and if someone is labeled by a certain number of different users they're are banned?? Just a thought.

Personally, I'm not going on chat because of shit like this.

9. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 12:56 PM

I think, not only because I am one of those underage chatters on here, its not entirely fair to ban members from the chat do to our age. I agree that the moderator should be over a certain age, but I know of one adult [not naming anyone] who abused his moderator status.

Anywho, I can only think of one under 18 year old who is excessively annoying towards everyone, but that's what the moderator is for, right?

Also, acting immature in the chat is NOT something only members under a certain age does, we all do it from time to time. And, you can block certain members even if you aren't mod.

That's my input

10. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 2:18 PM

I agree with all sides of this. Nate made some valid points & I was shocked to see such young people on a chat site where camera chatting was involved. I also see Raven's side of it too. It is sad that all underage people would be penalized for a few that screw it up & I agree that I've seen the mod priv. abused by all ages & I have seen people of all ages be just as immature as the younger crowd.
    When I first got into the korn scene online one of the first people I met online Synthetic.disease (Kyle) was maybe 13? & now he's MUCH MUCH older (Haha) so it's possible for there to be younger fans interacting with the older ones.

11. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Harrassment, taunting and being called names by these same individuals, is not acceptable as well. I clicked the ignore button, but they can refresh and come back on and do it again. Everyone who has had an input in this, brought up very legitimate points. FA-Q, you're totally on it! It's actually made me shy away from the chat more now.
    "DEAL WITH IT"

12. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 7:14 PM

My age restriction suggestion, was just that, a suggestion. But I do not wish to see an age restriction because of the mod situation. I wish to see age restrictions from a legal standpoint.

13. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I don't care anymore. Ya'll can have the chat. I knew it would get to this point, but what do I know.
    "DEAL WITH IT"

14. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Apparently Sebastien fixed the mod problems, or so I heard. Now only JD, Munky, Ray, Fieldy, Sebastiens, and grnd(ctrl) can mod, so that's a step up.

Even if you have a star next to your name, you dont have mod powers unless you are one of those people.

15. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 7:43 AM

raven wrote:
    Apparently Sebastien fixed the mod problems, or so I heard. Now only JD, Munky, Ray, Fieldy, Sebastiens, and grnd(ctrl) can mod, so that's a step up.

Even if you have a star next to your name, you dont have mod powers unless you are one of those people.

Cool!

16. Moderator

Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 3:40 PM

raven wrote:

This is correct. It was an issue on tinychat's end that we (ground(ctrl)) were not made aware of. Thank you for your feedback. The issue has since been resolved.

17. Moderator

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Actually, the person that had the star today "tested" the ban feature and say's it still active. You'd have to check with him, Timkornspace, but he says the "ban" feature is still active. There hasn't been a problem with banning lately, but now that he says it's active, the problem might rear its head again. Just letting you know that the issue may and may not actually be corrected!
    Josie

18. Moderator

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Tammie wrote:
    Harrassment, taunting and being called names by these same individuals, is not acceptable as well. I clicked the ignore button, but they can refresh and come back on and do it again. Everyone who has had an input in this, brought up very legitimate points. FA-Q, you're totally on it! It's actually made me shy away from the chat more now.
    "DEAL WITH IT"

And this is exactly why we STILL need moderators that are actually in the chat frequently. Someone responsible enough to not abuse the powers of having moderator controls.

Josie

19. Moderator

Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Checking with the tinychat people again...

20. Moderator

Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Vanessa wrote:
    Checking with the tinychat people again...

Thank you much! Here over the last few days we've had some pretty creepy peeps coming into the chat. What other avenues do we have to report inappropriate behavior other than just ignoring a person. The ignore feature only works while the person is still logged in. If they exit the chat and come back, you have to re-do the ignore feature. If you log off and back in, again, you have to re-do the ignore feature as well. What I've seen recently is a person will go out and came back again so that you have to keep re-doing the ignore feature. People can be such morons for the sake of just being a jerk. It's ridiculous! Another course needs to be available since we can't have moderators in the chat on a regular basis.
    Josie

Get the latest from Korn!