A question about VIP

Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 8:36 AM

It seems everytime I come to this forum, I ask about VIP tickets!

Just a quickie to those who have bought VIP tickets for the current tour.

Did you recieve an email detailing the arrangements for meeting the band on the run up to the show? I'll be seeing them in a couple of weeks time and haven't received any email notification on where to be and at what time.

Also, with regard to the signed merchandise that you get at the meet adnd greet. Is there time to go back to a hotel and drop off all this stuff, or should I bring a bag and put everything in that and leave it in the cloakroom?

Many thanks in advance

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: A question about VIP

Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 11:02 AM

GroundCtrl are horribly slow to react to anything. When I emailed them asking about similar questions about the VIP stuff and how/when I'd get the guitar or if I can get in and/or out to keep it and myself safe...they replied to my email over a week later and 2 days after the concert.

So, they sent me the email 2 days before the gig. They have a list of names at the door anyway. But I have heard of people getting emails as late as the day before.

You'll go to the pit area (assuming there is one, I don't know if some are fully seated and thus no idea where you'd go then...). You'll be given the list and poster and they will come by one at a time and sign it. There is maybe 20 minutes between the end of the meet and greet and the start of the opening act, who presumably is JD anyway. Some venues don't allow in and outs, so make sure they will let you back in...but I would suggest the cloakroom. And some venues won't allow bags in, so you'll want to make sure.

Keep in mind the venue and the VIP stuff is 100% separate. Neither will have a clue about what each other are doing from start to end. At ours, when we were waiting for guitars, gaming sessions and listening sessions one of the staff at the venue led us to a place that was not where we were supposed to be, and about 5 minutes later suggested that no one is likely to come for us. DONT listen to staff at the venue about anything relating to the VIP...but DO listen to the in and out policy.

2. RE: A question about VIP

Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 4:47 AM

Awesome, thank you muchly for the advice. It doesn't seem very well put together and I am beginning to wonder if it was worth all the money I payed for it!

I think I'll phone the concert venue today and ask about their bag policy. I take it from your last comment that the VIP stuff takes place after the concert?

Thanks again!

3. RE: A question about VIP

Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Hye Dmdougie, With our Glasgow O2 Academy, they dont allow bags in the auditorium. They need to put in the cloakroom. Its a total pain in the arse I know.

With regards to email details, You should receive something today or tomorrow. I need mines soon as well as Im going to the London gig on Sunday

4. RE: A question about VIP

Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:30 PM

dmdougie wrote:
    Awesome, thank you muchly for the advice. It doesn't seem very well put together and I am beginning to wonder if it was worth all the money I payed for it!

I think I'll phone the concert venue today and ask about their bag policy. I take it from your last comment that the VIP stuff takes place after the concert?

Thanks again!

Forgot to say, the VIP takes place 2/3 hours before doors.

5. RE: A question about VIP

Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Hey Snoops, I was at the Detroit show as well for the VIP, did you ever receive the live recording of the show portion of you VIP? I never did, wonder whats up with that.....

6. RE: A question about VIP

Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Hey DMPunk,

Thanks for your reply. So did you get your ticket? How did all work out?

7. RE: A question about VIP

Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 1:13 PM

dmdougie wrote:
    Hey DMPunk,

Thanks for your reply. So did you get your ticket? How did all work out?

It was actually outstanding mate! The ticket I bought already, but with the VIP, you will be emailed 48 hours before hand about where to meet the band rep (a guy called Sebastian) who will give you a sheet about where to meet at what time for the meet and greet, stage songs etc.

That was last night in London, I wont be doing Glasgow. Could only get the drum lesson in London.

8. RE: A question about VIP

Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Well, 48 hours til the Glasgow show, heres to hoping I get that email!! I do have a printout and will be in Glasgow from about lunch time onwards, I'll camp out infront of the 02 if I have to! Was the VIP package before or after the show? If after, how long did it all take? Weer you standing around for long?

9. RE: A question about VIP

Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM

dmdougie wrote:
    Well, 48 hours til the Glasgow show, heres to hoping I get that email!! I do have a printout and will be in Glasgow from about lunch time onwards, I'll camp out infront of the 02 if I have to! Was the VIP package before or after the show? If after, how long did it all take? Weer you standing around for long?

My drum lesson was before the show. was around 4pm. The listening session was after the gig, me and my friend were at the back of the venue and seen JD getting on the bus with the listening VIPs

what VIP deal did you get?

10. RE: A question about VIP

Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 10:13 AM

i didnt recieve my email until the day b4 the gig about 24hours b4 lol and its an hour b4 doors open, they giv you all your shiz, and stand you in a line in front of the stage, then the band come out one by one to sign everything, you dont really get much time to chat to them though, they all will have a photo taken with ya appart from JD who doesnt unfortunatly, they will all sign more than just the setlist your given, i got them to sign my poster n my ticket also, some people were having their vip thingys signed/shirts/vinyl, i even saw a dude get JD to sign his trainer :P
    in the sea of life, your just a minnow,
    you live your life, insecure,
    i feel the pain, of your needles,
    as they shit, into my brain..

Get the latest from Korn!