Vips get to watch 3 songs at the side of the stage

Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:05 PM

If you're a vip, you get to watch 3 songs at the side of the stage. Is this at the end of the show or at the beginning of the show- because if its at the beggining of the show it make it pointless to have early entry because you will lose your place in line at the front of the stage at a generaladmission show!!!!!! wtf?

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Vips get to watch 3 songs at the side of the stage

Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Its 3 songs at the start of the night.

2. RE: Vips get to watch 3 songs at the side of the stage

Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 8:26 PM

DMPunk wrote:

Then that would make early entry a waste of time!

3. RE: Vips get to watch 3 songs at the side of the stage

Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 4:28 AM

yes... it really stupid..It would make more sense if you could look the whole show. there are only 5 people.. It's also stupid that meet & greet is in front of the stage and behind the fence. It was in offenbach so fucked up. You could not talk, because the opening band was rehearsing. it was too loud!! I would like to know who is the stupid idiot that thought that up.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Check out my cover for "Pop A Pill":
    http://youtu.be/GKnWcCuxHAI

4. RE: Vips get to watch 3 songs at the side of the stage

Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 4:09 PM

monkeysnod wrote:
    DMPunk wrote:

It does. And it totally sucks.

5. RE: Vips get to watch 3 songs at the side of the stage

Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 10:57 AM

DMPunk wrote:
    monkeysnod wrote:
    DMPunk wrote:

It does. And it totally sucks.

It would be really awesome if it was the encore, but making the first 3 means not missing out on any of the concert. The only way to make it work is if there was an intermission, or else by time you leave the show to meet in the designated area, and then be met and led to the stage you would have missed at least 2 songs. Work out then if it is worth it or not.

It does suck if you want to be at the front of the pit...however I and others had no problem getting to 3rd person back, which most of the time feels better than the metal caging anyway.

There is no win-win, without a longer break between sets. The stage stuff is based on the time, for meeting, If you were told a time near the end, who knows how far through the set they'd be. What if that night in the spare of the moment there's some 10 minute guitar solo no one anticipated...or maybe some tech issue that sets everything back 10 minutes. Making it at the start makes security easier and makes it easier to be sure VIPs make it to the stage, or else there is a greater chance of missing out. I'm sure if someone came up with a better way then people who make decisions may listen...who knows.

And you can't hear the music nearly as clearly. In SF we couldn't hear JD singing from the side of the stage. Not sure I'd want to pay the same amount for VIP and not hear the music properly.

6. RE: Vips get to watch 3 songs at the side of the stage

Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 12:14 PM

iDread wrote:
    yes... it really stupid..It would make more sense if you could look the whole show. there are only 5 people.. It's also stupid that meet & greet is in front of the stage and behind the fence. It was in offenbach so fucked up. You could not talk, because the opening band was rehearsing. it was too loud!! I would like to know who is the stupid idiot that thought that up.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Check out my cover for "Pop A Pill":
    http://youtu.be/GKnWcCuxHAI

amen...i thought so too...i was kind of disappointed at the whole thing...lot of money for an autographed poster...to make it better i had to drive 3.5 hours to get there

7. RE: Vips get to watch 3 songs at the side of the stage

Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I mean yeah maybe it was stupid that you can only watch 3 songs at the side of the stage or the Meet and greet was very short and loud cause of the rehearsal, but i think it´s the only chance to meet the band at a M&G or at the VIP listening packages..i´m very happy that I had the chance to meet the band, even it was very quick, so i hope that they´re doing this onwards, but maybe with more improvement !
    So i think we should be more positive thinking about it! We can be happy to have these chances!

8. RE: Vips get to watch 3 songs at the side of the stage

Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I'll take one song on the side of the stage and a VIP session after the show! Be HAPPY! KEEP BANGING!!! I don't see any other bands doing this s*!t enjoy!! GET SUM WHIPLASH FOR ME!!

Newsletter Signup