Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 10:13 AM

My first Korn concert should have been during their Life is Peachy tour but Munky had gotten sick so they cancelled. I got my chance (thanks to my cousin Zinnia) to see them a year later in Houston during their Follow the Leader tour. It was an amazing show! Hed-Pe and Orgy were the opening bands. Jay and Paige autographed my red Korn t-shirt which years later my now ex-wife accidently sent to the Salvation Army ***mental picture of a somalian kid wearing it***. They played a good setlist such as Kill You, My Gift to You, Dead Bodies Everywhere, and the regular touring tracks they play. I remember first getting there I was getting my floor bracelet and when walking towards the floor entrance some pothead approached me asking if I wanna sell my ticket? Even after being marked and scanned! Go figure I guess...I said no and he just stood there looking into oblivion. Overall the concert experience is one I still haven't forgotten and will never! For that whole year I was the most hated person in my small town because I had gone to the concert. Would have been better to receive a leaving or welcome back party like Longfellow Deeds but not in my small U.S./Mexican Border town. Its not really difficult to sort out those who know English or Spanish here. The English Kids would ask "Hey how was the Korn Concert?" while the Hispanic kids would ask, "how wass el concerto de Elote (spanish for Corn)?" LOL :D. Awwwww....a good times they were! :D Do you remember your first time? :D
-Follow you(r) own leader-

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Projekt Revolution 2004.

Linkin Park and Korn co-headlining a show when I was 15? Fuck yes.
    find me wrapped in glass and slowly soaked in lime

2. gia avatar gia

Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 12:30 PM

first time i was able to see them in 2005 and its just unforgettable, I've been to many awesome shows since then but my first time I will remember forever, I was so happy, I felt like I could fly no joke,I was just so happy like never before in my life that I'm at she show of my favorite band and it was just such a great feeling

3. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 10:19 PM

My first Korn show was The No Name Tour @ Madison Square Garden June 25,2002 with Puddle of Mudd and Deadsy supporting Korn. It was my very first concert. I could not find anyone to go with me so my mom went. She slept through the show because she had a sinus headache but, I had fun. I had been a fan for two years but, after seeing them live I was hooked. My second Korn show did not happen for another two years but, I will never forget my first.
    I feel the reason as its leaving me, no not again. Its quite decieving as I'm feeling the flesh make me bad.

4. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:03 PM

My first show was in 1995 when I was 8 years old. KoRn was opening for Marilyn Manson who was opening for Danzig who was supporting his then new album Danzig 4p.

My dad was a big Danzig fan and wanted me to get into them, so when KoRn came on since they were first I thought they were Danzig (I was 8 lol) and I rocked my heart out, KoRn was incredible. I don't remember anything they played, I didn't understand the music at all, but they were so awesome up there on stage, the first band I ever saw perform, EVER. When the show was over, I told my dad how much fun I had and how much I loved Danzig, to which my dad replied that that was just the opening band KoRn, the shows only getting started.and I had one more band before Danzig. I naturally assumed the next two bands would be even better.....

Marilyn Manson scared the shit out of me, so badly in fact that I cried and begged my dad to leave lol needless to say I was too freaked out to get into Danzig (who would have thought 16 years later Marilyn Manson would be one of my favorite bands!) and when the show was over I only remembered KoRn.

The rest is history, but man they were fantastic!
    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

5. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:23 PM

my first show was when they toured with LP Projekt Revolution in 2004
    wish they were headlining but i will never forget i that day still have the ticket with me, got to see all 5 of them together
    KornHivGurl

6. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:41 PM

My first KoRn concert was the Halloween one in El Paso last year. It was the best day of my life! We were right there infront of Munky. When they first mentioned that show was gonna be free I told my gf that we ARE going to that show! No ands, ifs, or butts! And we were also going to either: meet the band, or walk out with one of Munky's picks. We got there the day before the concert, met this couple in our hotel who looked at us and said, "you two here for the concert too?" We said, "yeah, how'd you tell."
    Anyway, later that night they came knocking on our door and showed us their pics of them with JD! (i was uber jealous) and they told us they thought about asking us if we wanted to hang with them but didn't get around to doing it >o<
    so the day of the concert came. Woke up at 5am, got some breakfast at 6am, and waited at the gate at 7am, and waited till they opened the gates at 4pm. Stood there till the concert started at 10pm. Once "4 U" started playing my heart stopped! ,lol
    And guess what happened? We walked out with not one, not two, but THREE of Munky's picks. It was epic.

7. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 6:43 AM

Cologne, Germany, at the Palladium. Back in 2005! Kicked off with Here to Stay and that's all I know, THAT was a blast! :)
    "All the secrets that I hide, would die, with me."

8. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:00 AM

grim_paladin wrote:
    My first KoRn concert was the Halloween one in El Paso last year. It was the best day of my life! We were right there infront of Munky. When they first mentioned that show was gonna be free I told my gf that we ARE going to that show! No ands, ifs, or butts! And we were also going to either: meet the band, or walk out with one of Munky's picks. We got there the day before the concert, met this couple in our hotel who looked at us and said, "you two here for the concert too?" We said, "yeah, how'd you tell."
    Anyway, later that night they came knocking on our door and showed us their pics of them with JD! (i was uber jealous) and they told us they thought about asking us if we wanted to hang with them but didn't get around to doing it >o<
    so the day of the concert came. Woke up at 5am, got some breakfast at 6am, and waited at the gate at 7am, and waited till they opened the gates at 4pm. Stood there till the concert started at 10pm. Once "4 U" started playing my heart stopped! ,lol
    And guess what happened? We walked out with not one, not two, but THREE of Munky's picks. It was epic.

Hey i went to that show lol with Josie and Jon Jon man it was a kick ass show too
    KornHivGurl

9. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:59 AM

I knew Korn only from the clubs I went too. I appreciated the music but I wasn't particularly impressed tbh. My girlfriend was/is a major fan however so I bought us tickets for Graspop 2006, just to see Korn. Unfortunately that tour was canceled due to JD's serious illness. (Don't get me started on the replacement they threw in to fill the gap that Korn left at graspop.) A year later in 2007 I bought tickets for Graspop again, to make up for the missed opportunity, since Korn was making a reappearance that year. I was definitely positively surprised by the performance. I knew then why my girlfriend was such a fan and my view on the band was instantly changed. Last week we saw them again at Graspop btw, their show was even better then in 2007. Keep up the good work guys! :)

10. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 5:57 AM

[quote=NeonblueUnfortunately that tour was canceled due to JD's serious illness. (Don't get me started on the replacement they threw in to fill the gap that Korn left at graspop.)

Oh yea I remember that, they couldn't find anybody in time so a few bands played longer sets right? They weren't even high calibur bands I don't think.

11. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 9:33 AM

If it would have been up to me. I would have been seeing Korn non-stop since like 2003 when they released Take A Look In The Mirror. BUT people have always been lame and never wanted to go so it made it impossible for me to actually go. But as I grew older things changed.

I finally saw Korn in 2006 on the See You On The Other Side World Tour in Reno, Nevada. It was Korn's 2nd show of the tour. They played a bunch of really cool songs like Souvenir, Love Song, Counting On Me, and Tearjerker. Good setlist I thought and I really enjoyed my first Korn show and expected it to be more than I could ever imagine.

I saw Korn a year later in Reno for the Bitch We Have A Problem Tour after missing Family Values 2006 and 2007. They played Let's Get This Party Started and I cummed in my pants. lol

12. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Though I wish I would have seen them earlier, my first Korn show was at Mayhem last year (2010). Too bad I'm so young. Meeting Korn that day, and seeing them rock out is one experience I will never forget.

13. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:09 PM

My first KoRn Concert was Sick n Twistd in Miami 2000! I was so excited because I had won the tix from 103.1 The Buzz Radio station in WPB and our tix were will call and I hadnt been to a concert in years! LOLs when we got the tix i thought ..WoW! Great seats! lols that was until the usher sent us to the elevator! ahaha They were nosebleed tix! Anyways we got there and Staind was already on...and then they played the cartoon sequence before KoRn came on! Wow..I knew this was gonna be great!

Then they came on and I saw all the fans ON STAGE..whether is was the KoRn Kage or The Asylum..I'm sure someone here will tell me. lols But I WAS ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY!! At that time all I knew was FOAL and FAFM cus that is the only songs on the radio..but then ..we went out and bought them all that were out then up to issues. I could not get enough!! o0 yea..specially then when I first saw Jon come out with the bagpipes!! o0o ahaha Mark had to keep me from falling over the railing! Before the encore came..Mark was lke we better go to beat the traffic..so we go down the elevator and then the crowd went wild cus they came out and dropped the curtain to see the big ass issues doll/bunnie and i made him wait till they were really done which by now we made our way to section 3..ahaha I was blowing past security too cus they knew it was almost over. KORN GOT MY HEART THAT DAY!! ♥

Always have been..Always will be jofish420 worldwide baby!

14. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Like Jo my first was Sick & Twisted 2000. I still believe it was one of their best tours visually. Lots of "bells & whistles" for that one. :) I need another sick & twisted tour shirt mine fell apart after lots of wear & tear. hah

15. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Lickrish wrote:
    I need another sick & twisted tour shirt mine fell apart after lots of wear & tear. hah
    ]

Ah that sucks!

16. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 3:27 AM

RemoveTheVirus wrote:
    [quote=NeonblueUnfortunately that tour was canceled due to JD's serious illness. (Don't get me started on the replacement they threw in to fill the gap that Korn left at graspop.)

Oh yea I remember that, they couldn't find anybody in time so a few bands played longer sets right? They weren't even high calibur bands I don't think.

Actually they got Axl Rose to come and do his thing.

17. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 6:47 AM

Good thread...so,my first Korn live experience was in 2004 at Lisbon,Portugal and to this day it was my fav Korn show ever (well,the first show is always the better,right?). The set was good,they played some stuff like Break Some Off,Dead Bodies Everywhere,Faget,Kill You...I was completely blown away since I've been waiting for that moment for 5 years and I absolutely loved every second of it.
    It's fucking jack o'clock

18. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Lickrish wrote:
    Like Jo my first was Sick & Twisted 2000. I still believe it was one of their best tours visually. Lots of "bells & whistles" for that one. :) I need another sick & twisted tour shirt mine fell apart after lots of wear & tear. hah

I have mine!! It's my oldest korn shirt! I wear it as a "house shirt' now. lols it has holes and I had well water at my house..so..its kinda dingy. Only shirt i have with head on it!!

Always have been..Always will be jofish420 worldwide baby!

19. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 4:31 PM

My first KoRn concert was on 2008 at Buenos Aires, Argentina, when I was 13. I was really scared because it was in a stadium for 60.000 people
    I will never forget about that, it was one of the best experiences in my life ever.

20. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Awesome. I always wanted to go to a Korn show in another country.

Belu.Jordison wrote:
    My first KoRn concert was on 2008 at Buenos Aires, Argentina, when I was 13. I was really scared because it was in a stadium for 60.000 people
    I will never forget about that, it was one of the best experiences in my life ever.

Does it make me bad??

Newsletter Signup