Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 10:13 AM

My first Korn concert should have been during their Life is Peachy tour but Munky had gotten sick so they cancelled. I got my chance (thanks to my cousin Zinnia) to see them a year later in Houston during their Follow the Leader tour. It was an amazing show! Hed-Pe and Orgy were the opening bands. Jay and Paige autographed my red Korn t-shirt which years later my now ex-wife accidently sent to the Salvation Army ***mental picture of a somalian kid wearing it***. They played a good setlist such as Kill You, My Gift to You, Dead Bodies Everywhere, and the regular touring tracks they play. I remember first getting there I was getting my floor bracelet and when walking towards the floor entrance some pothead approached me asking if I wanna sell my ticket? Even after being marked and scanned! Go figure I guess...I said no and he just stood there looking into oblivion. Overall the concert experience is one I still haven't forgotten and will never! For that whole year I was the most hated person in my small town because I had gone to the concert. Would have been better to receive a leaving or welcome back party like Longfellow Deeds but not in my small U.S./Mexican Border town. Its not really difficult to sort out those who know English or Spanish here. The English Kids would ask "Hey how was the Korn Concert?" while the Hispanic kids would ask, "how wass el concerto de Elote (spanish for Corn)?" LOL :D. Awwwww....a good times they were! :D Do you remember your first time? :D
-Follow you(r) own leader-

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Though I wish I would have seen them earlier, my first Korn show was at Mayhem last year (2010). Too bad I'm so young. Meeting Korn that day, and seeing them rock out is one experience I will never forget.

2. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:09 PM

My first KoRn Concert was Sick n Twistd in Miami 2000! I was so excited because I had won the tix from 103.1 The Buzz Radio station in WPB and our tix were will call and I hadnt been to a concert in years! LOLs when we got the tix i thought ..WoW! Great seats! lols that was until the usher sent us to the elevator! ahaha They were nosebleed tix! Anyways we got there and Staind was already on...and then they played the cartoon sequence before KoRn came on! Wow..I knew this was gonna be great!

Then they came on and I saw all the fans ON STAGE..whether is was the KoRn Kage or The Asylum..I'm sure someone here will tell me. lols But I WAS ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY!! At that time all I knew was FOAL and FAFM cus that is the only songs on the radio..but then ..we went out and bought them all that were out then up to issues. I could not get enough!! o0 yea..specially then when I first saw Jon come out with the bagpipes!! o0o ahaha Mark had to keep me from falling over the railing! Before the encore came..Mark was lke we better go to beat the traffic..so we go down the elevator and then the crowd went wild cus they came out and dropped the curtain to see the big ass issues doll/bunnie and i made him wait till they were really done which by now we made our way to section 3..ahaha I was blowing past security too cus they knew it was almost over. KORN GOT MY HEART THAT DAY!! ♥

Always have been..Always will be jofish420 worldwide baby!

3. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Like Jo my first was Sick & Twisted 2000. I still believe it was one of their best tours visually. Lots of "bells & whistles" for that one. :) I need another sick & twisted tour shirt mine fell apart after lots of wear & tear. hah

4. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Lickrish wrote:
    I need another sick & twisted tour shirt mine fell apart after lots of wear & tear. hah
    ]

Ah that sucks!
    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

5. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 3:27 AM

RemoveTheVirus wrote:
    [quote=NeonblueUnfortunately that tour was canceled due to JD's serious illness. (Don't get me started on the replacement they threw in to fill the gap that Korn left at graspop.)

Oh yea I remember that, they couldn't find anybody in time so a few bands played longer sets right? They weren't even high calibur bands I don't think.

Actually they got Axl Rose to come and do his thing.

6. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 6:47 AM

Good thread...so,my first Korn live experience was in 2004 at Lisbon,Portugal and to this day it was my fav Korn show ever (well,the first show is always the better,right?). The set was good,they played some stuff like Break Some Off,Dead Bodies Everywhere,Faget,Kill You...I was completely blown away since I've been waiting for that moment for 5 years and I absolutely loved every second of it.
    It's fucking jack o'clock

7. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Lickrish wrote:
    Like Jo my first was Sick & Twisted 2000. I still believe it was one of their best tours visually. Lots of "bells & whistles" for that one. :) I need another sick & twisted tour shirt mine fell apart after lots of wear & tear. hah

I have mine!! It's my oldest korn shirt! I wear it as a "house shirt' now. lols it has holes and I had well water at my house..so..its kinda dingy. Only shirt i have with head on it!!

Always have been..Always will be jofish420 worldwide baby!

8. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 4:31 PM

My first KoRn concert was on 2008 at Buenos Aires, Argentina, when I was 13. I was really scared because it was in a stadium for 60.000 people
    I will never forget about that, it was one of the best experiences in my life ever.

9. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Awesome. I always wanted to go to a Korn show in another country.

Belu.Jordison wrote:
    My first KoRn concert was on 2008 at Buenos Aires, Argentina, when I was 13. I was really scared because it was in a stadium for 60.000 people
    I will never forget about that, it was one of the best experiences in my life ever.

Does it make me bad??

10. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 8:01 AM

KORN365 wrote:
    Awesome. I always wanted to go to a Korn show in another country.

Same!

11. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Lickrish wrote:

and much like misty (i hate being anything like misty!) Sick and Twisted was also my first Korn show. went with my dad because i was all of 14 at the time. fun.

12. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 11:44 AM

You know you love me Mulder! lol :)

13. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 3:07 PM

it was the rock is dead tour on 4/20/99. the whole arena was hot boxed like crazy lol

14. ANG avatar ANG

Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 3:52 PM

My first show was a Metallica show the "Poor Touring Me" tour, and KoRn was opening, this was back in 1996, Dec. 21st, 1996 to be exact ;) I was 14 and ever since then I went to every show possible. That was when he was doing his rubberband thang as I call it. when he used to do his freak outs and fling his arms and head all crazy...its also the only show I seen Jonathan with out his shirt lol...ever since he's always wore tanks and tees..lol

15. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 10:03 PM

omg I miss that rock out he used to do soooo much!

16. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 6:55 AM

My first KoRn show was Family Values Tour in 1998. Awesome! Remember every minute of it... (or at least what I think is every minute).. Who knows after a good time like that with loud music, hot sun and booze.... :)

17. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Man that was such an amazing show, I really hope they do that Family Reunion show!

18. ANG avatar ANG

Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Ricci wrote:
    My first KoRn show was Family Values Tour in 1998. Awesome! Remember every minute of it... (or at least what I think is every minute).. Who knows after a good time like that with loud music, hot sun and booze.... :)

Wasn't FVT 98 an arena tour?

19. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:05 PM

My first was Rock Is Dead. My seats were lined up on Head and Fieldy's side. Was excited for this show because it was my first time for Korn and first time to see Rob Zombie solo (had already seen White Zombie 3x by then. I already had a copy of Follow The Leader and knew some songs from the first 2 albums. It was an amazing show. When they came back out to do Earache My Eye my friend and I were like "What are they doing?" Now, like I said I already had FTL and had listened to it several times...but I had always either started it over or put something else on after what I thought was the last song. So when they started EME my friend and I started laughing hysterically because we'd seen the movie so many times.

Well about a month our so later I was at home listening to FTL but fot whatever reason I didn't start it over or put something else in. I started hearing voices and looked out my window thinking someone was in the hallway. Then EME came on and I was laughing all over again when I realized it was on there the whole time

20. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:46 PM

hahaha that must have been an awesome discovery the first time!

Newsletter Signup