Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 10:13 AM

My first Korn concert should have been during their Life is Peachy tour but Munky had gotten sick so they cancelled. I got my chance (thanks to my cousin Zinnia) to see them a year later in Houston during their Follow the Leader tour. It was an amazing show! Hed-Pe and Orgy were the opening bands. Jay and Paige autographed my red Korn t-shirt which years later my now ex-wife accidently sent to the Salvation Army ***mental picture of a somalian kid wearing it***. They played a good setlist such as Kill You, My Gift to You, Dead Bodies Everywhere, and the regular touring tracks they play. I remember first getting there I was getting my floor bracelet and when walking towards the floor entrance some pothead approached me asking if I wanna sell my ticket? Even after being marked and scanned! Go figure I guess...I said no and he just stood there looking into oblivion. Overall the concert experience is one I still haven't forgotten and will never! For that whole year I was the most hated person in my small town because I had gone to the concert. Would have been better to receive a leaving or welcome back party like Longfellow Deeds but not in my small U.S./Mexican Border town. Its not really difficult to sort out those who know English or Spanish here. The English Kids would ask "Hey how was the Korn Concert?" while the Hispanic kids would ask, "how wass el concerto de Elote (spanish for Corn)?" LOL :D. Awwwww....a good times they were! :D Do you remember your first time? :D
-Follow you(r) own leader-

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Long story short:

i was in the 8th grade and my friend meghan and i saw korn was coming to ATL on an mtv commercial. family values tour was my focus for a whole month... kissed ass, begged and grovelled but my mother wouldnt give... i remember being more confused than anything because my mom, who is cool as shit, btw, was as much into korn as i. i freaked out for 3 days kowing that i was not going to make that show. then on the show day, my mom picked me up early from school. i thought i was going to the dr but when i saw her wallet laying ontop a ticketmaster envelope i knew what the deal was!! we went home to get ready and i will never forget my mom and her wardrobe! but despite her inability to dress according to the occasion, my mom,cooler than anyone, jammed right beside me in her knee high heel boots, leopard print leather pants and a very slutty shirt =). by far my favorite thing i have EVER done in life!!! i got to experience my mom being a kid with me and was doing it within yards of my idols !!!

2. RE: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 3:43 AM

1998 family values - detroit - palace of auburn hills - finishing up my bachelor's in a medical research laboratory that i would do my master's in.

3. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 9:19 PM

The very first time ever that I saw Korn was when they were touring for their 5th album untouchables and It was called the tour with no name and I ended up going when they played MSG on June 24, 2002 10 years ago at the time I was 15 yrs old and In High School mom ended up taking me cause i had no one to go with I saw them Live and It was crazy I ended up elbowing this guy who was standing next to me while I was going off to Korn at the show even tho i had seating. I had lots of fun I loved It yeah I got deaf for a bit wasn't much prior going to the show I had my adidas pants and sneakers on and my Korn shirt and from the show I ended up getting Korn shirt and a babydoll shirt and some other things best time I ever had I still remember singing and screaming to the songs live It was totall amazing then and still the same now I can say KORN STILL KILLS IT LIVE EVERY TIME!!! I LOVE KORN \m/
    W00f.

4. RE: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 7:32 AM

First Korn show i saw was at Download 2009.
    All i wanna do is kill you

5. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Fri, May 31, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Family Values 1998 in Cleveland Ohio. I actually had to run to the bathroom cause when KoRn finally came out I got so excited I threw up... haha. I made it back to my seat after a song and was in love!!!!!!

6. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Never Been to one but would LOVE to go.....

7. JJ avatar JJ

Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Sweden/Gothenburg/Metaltown, July 6 2013. Right in front of Head.

8. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 12:34 AM

First show was on the Untouchables tour, 11th September 2002, awesome night! puddle of mudd and Trust Company sucked if I remember rightly, never missed a show in Scotland since and even thrown shows in Newcastle and Manchester in between aswell! Hoping for a few UK shows on the Paradigm shift tour, will hopefully get VIP again!!

9. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 5:19 PM

My first Korn concert was april 2006 here in Toronto, Canada for the album see you on the other side. amazing first expierence! I was really happy they played all my favourites including one of my fav songs till this day TearJerker. Just a purple spotlight on JD while singing the beautiful song of tearkerker was so beautiful I cried. amazing show have seen 8 concerts since then. have come to every korn show in Toronto since 2006. korn got me hooked with there amazing live sound!

10. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 1:56 AM

My first Korn show was April 30th, 1995. I had been a fan since my friend John had gotten me into them right after self titled came out. The show was part of the Danzig Tour, with Korn playing first, then Manson and then Danzig. That show is what got me into music. I've seen 1536 live shows in my life thus far, 47 Korn shows with my 48th coming this Sept. 27th. My first VIp as well. I've met all the other band members in the past but never JD. I've been wanting to meet him for near 20 years now. Sept. 27th will truly be a bucket list moment for me.

Here is the setlist for my first korn show way back when.

1. Blind
    2. Ball Tongue(With Lodi Dodi, and It takes two)
    3. Divine
    4. Clown
    5. Lowrider
    6. Shoots and Ladders
    7. Lies
    8. Faget

By the way it was fucking amazing reading all of your stories and experiences! True Korn fans man!
    CHRIS STORM

11. Re: Your First Korn Concert Experience!

Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 6:59 AM

My first Korn concert was Big Day Out 1999, in Melbourne. It was also my first concert in general. I was 12 at the time, my older sister took me to see them and no other show has matched the feeling I had. I could write 2,000 words on how awesome and surreal it was, but I see there's no need. You all know how much Korn rule.

Marilyn Manson and Hole headlined. They were okay, except when Manson talked shit about Korn. I will not stand for disrespect towards my heroes. Courtney Love kinda scared me.

Newsletter Signup