Mayhem Fest Setlist

Thu, May 29, 2014 at 2:43 PM

I know Korn is not the typical rock band and that's cool. But recently I heard that Killswitch Engaged or some band like them will be revising their setlist to coincide with the tour they will be featured on. Not sure which tour they will be on but it's a real heavy one.

Anyways. I think it's cool that they are CHOOSING/WILLING to change their setlist to go with the flow of things.

Korn has a LOT of heavy shit in their catalogue and yet they are choosing to play Greatest Hits(if that's what you wanna call it?) when they could easily play insane sets and leave everybody wanting more.

Enough of giving the "fans" the hits because the real fans have already heard if plenty of times. And people at Mayhem who are not already Korn fans are not going to be swayed by Korn playing greatest hits/radio tunes because that's the shit they don't like.

Anybody get my point?

Korn should bring the MAYHEM to MAYHEM FEST and destroy the stage not play The Best Of...

Blind and Freak On A Leash are necessary but everything else can be replaced with something heavy for Mayhem which seems appropriate because it is mayhem lol.

Mayhem 2010 had a fairly good setlist that went great with Remember Who You Are. Korn should at least top their last Mayhem performance and make Avenged Sevenfold feel the need to step their game up.

I dont know I'm just ranting but hopefully Korn plays a SLIGHTLY different set.

And I understand its easier to play the hits because it should be effortless. But Korn isn't System of a Down trying to make a quick buck by dishing out Greatest Hits tour after tour with no hope of something new...

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Mayhem Fest Setlist

Fri, May 30, 2014 at 1:22 PM

they will play 60 min greatest hits, falling away, freak, blind, here to stay, shoots, coming undone, love and meth, never never, new single (haters), got the life, spike in my veins, did my time, clown. and we have the one hour set. that's my prediction. but still, i hope they change it up, and at least they add rarely played greatest hits, like make me bad, thoughtless, adidas, its on, oildale, etc, and 1or 2 rarities would be great for the oldschool fans, like faget, trash, dirty...
    My korn shows:
    Sopron, Hungary 2007-07-07
    Vienna, Austria 2008-02-20
    Vienna, Austria 2009-06-10
    Vienna, Austria 2010-09-26
    Zagreb, Croatia 2011-06-27
    Budapest, Hungary 2012-08-09
    Ostrava, Czech Republic 2013-06-17
    Cologne, Germany 2014-05-06

2. Re: Mayhem Fest Setlist

Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Yeah the hits are fine, I'd like to see more of how dubstep tracks are translated live and instead of Y'all want a single play HATE, I'd like to feel how that emotion comes across live.

You must leave AV7X feeling like a tall order topping your set.
    Please! You're no 4A! It's a type of brilliance like none other.

Much Love 4A!

Daddy, when I grow up, I wonna be a topless dancer, so I can make lots of cash......Huh What!

3. Re: Mayhem Fest Setlist

Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 2:31 PM

It was so good to see you guys again, not to brag but I was close, real fucking close. Wonderful set, the skits were out and the bagpipe. Nostalgic! Couldn't ask for more.

Love you guys. Thank you Jon, thank you Munk, thank you Fieldy, thank you Head, thank you Ray.
    Please! You're no 4A! It's a type of brilliance like none other.

Much Love 4A!

Daddy, when I grow up, I wonna be a topless dancer, so I can make lots of cash......Huh What!

Newsletter Signup