Rockstar Mayhem Festival 2014

Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 6:58 PM

This may have already been answered or asked but here it goes.
As huge as Korn is. Why is KoRn not the headliner for this tour? Why is avenge sevenfold? Am i the only one who thinks this is awful and strange?
Saw the show last friday and half the stadium left after Korn....
All my friends want to know.

Replies to This Posting

1. H13 avatar H13

Re: Rockstar Mayhem Festival 2014

Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Maybe, because the album's lead single and title track, released on July 15, 2013. Hail to the King charted as #1 on the US Billboard 200, the UK albums chart, as well as the Finnish, Brazilian, Canadian, and Irish charts, and was commercially and critically acclaimed. .... MONEY .... MONEY ....
    Now, let's think the other way around, how can a "young" band get the first place if the big bands won't make some room sometimes. Would you like to see on top the list a small band that you like? And then you'll think and be proud of yourself that you are one of the oldest and biggest fans of that band.
    I, personally, didn't like AS because the music style was kind of metal-dance , sometimes the singer was moving and singing like Bruce Dickinson, the guitar sounded few times either like Rammstein or Metallica (I had the feeling that I hear these bands). This is just my personal opinion but my older brother (I'm a metalhead because of him) thinks that they are a good band.
    So, let's enjoy what we like.

2. Re: Rockstar Mayhem Festival 2014

Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Hello everyone out there
    This is a long shot I'm sure.
    But here it goes.
    My name is Ray Riggs I am 29 and I would like to propose to the love of my life up on stage at the Mayhem Festival in virginia!
    Her name is Amy Marie age 24!
    Is there anyone out there that can help?
    If so please send me an email.

Ray2low@gmail.com

Thanks so much!!!

3. Re: Rockstar Mayhem Festival 2014

Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I was wondering the same thing. Korn played at Jones Beach NY and they were awesome. They should have headlined this tour. By the way the Mayhem Fest in Jones Beach didnt even exist. There were no other stages and no other bands other than the top 4. What a bad way to do this fest. Should have played 2 nites to accomodate all. Looking forward to seeing you back in NY real soon.

4. Re: Rockstar Mayhem Festival 2014

Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Korn played the Soundwave Festival in Australia recently, and once again Avenged were playing above them. I think its bullshit. Korn are pioneers of a genre you know? Just like Metallice were to thrash metal. The Avenged Sevenfold songs that I have heard sound pretty boring and too similar to most bands that preceded them. When I listen to them and all I can think of is, this riff sounds like Megadeth, this bit reminds me of Sad but True etc...At least Korn have their own sound.

5. Re: Rockstar Mayhem Festival 2014

Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 8:03 AM

Sick to death of hearing about Avenged Sevenfold...They are boring in my opinion.

6. Re: Rockstar Mayhem Festival 2014

Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Avenged Sevenfold is a more popular band than Korn at this point in time, that is why they are playing last.
    I 100% agree Korn deserves to be the headliner, but the order of bands at concerts (especially festivals) is determined by popularity. It's not about how good a band is, how long they have been around or how much they have influenced other artists.
    For example Mayhem Fest 2012 top three bands were Slipknot, Slayer and Motorhead. Slipknot is the most popular out of those bands, so they played last. Motorhead is one of the most influential bands in hard rock/metal; they have been around since the '70s and have directly influenced both Slipknot and Slayer, but played before both those bands because they are less popular. Slayer also is very legendary and influenced Slipknot, yet still played before them.

Newsletter Signup