Warfield (SF)

Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Two questions...

1) What does one do with the guitar in that VIP package? (Let's assume putting it in the car isn't an option, but if it is, then re-entry wouldn't be a problem?)

2) Any other problems/solutions those who have attended via VIP can add? No one likes a crushed autographed poster/litho!

It's the only option I can think of since I suspect there is no VIP locker to make the most of that $600 investment (Guitar VIP + Ticket)

Replies to This Posting

1. 9er avatar 9er

RE: Warfield (SF)

Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Sorry you didn't get the scoop you were looking for. I saw Warfield in the subject and just kind of ran with that.

Sometimes I just take things Way Too Far

I'm not in the VIP - can't swing the funds. I will be slumming on the floor; no back stage for me.

R U Ready?

2. RE: Warfield (SF)

Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 12:11 PM

It's all good. My original post was a week or so before I just decided to go for it. Bay Area venues are so conservative nowadays.

Still heard nothing back from groundctrl support after about 28 hours. I'm expecting an email today or tomorrow about the VIP side of things. After spending over $600 bucks on this concert you'd think customer support would be important.

Anyway, instead of my whinging here, would prefer the thread to go the direction of the concert itself.

Totally stoked to be able to go. Last time I saw Korn was at the Big Day Out in Adelaide, Australia in 1999.

3. RE: Warfield (SF)

Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 12:33 PM

The club before this one, we wouldn't get the email until the night before the show.
    "DEAL WITH IT"

4. RE: Warfield (SF)

Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Got my VIP email five minutes ago.

5. RE: Warfield (SF)

Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Got mine too!

See ya's on Sunday!

6. RE: Warfield (SF)

Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Today's the day!

7. RE: Warfield (SF)

Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 9:22 AM

The day has arrived!

8. 9er avatar 9er

Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Sitting in the lot sip'n vodka rockstar - it's so predictable - 9th korn show, 4th solo - see you all on the floor - and good luck at work 2morrow -

Y'all want a single?

9. RE: Warfield (SF)

Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 10:09 AM

George! Where you at, buddy? I tried doing a user search, but couldn't find you. Hit me up!

10. RE: Warfield (SF)

Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 3:25 PM

The show absolutely insane! I absolutely enjoyed myself and so did my family!! The boys did an amazing job as usual!
    "DEAL WITH IT"

11. RE: Warfield (SF)

Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I had a blast! was great seeing Korn at the Warfield.
    give details later, but had a blast. Love Korn always. Always amazing live.
    Glad everyone else had fun.

12. 9er avatar 9er

Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 9:27 PM

This was the 9th Korn show I've been to. It was by far the best! The venue was insane! The Warfield's max capacity is 2,555. The energy from the crowd was amazing. Props to the pit and the whole floor; INCREDIBLE! I still can't believe I was there. I can't help but keep wondering why Korn played to such a small audience. God I hope it happens again.

13. RE: Warfield (SF)

Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Wish I could relive it!!!
    "DEAL WITH IT"

14. RE: Warfield (SF)

Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Tammie wrote:
    Wish I could relive it!!!
    "DEAL WITH IT"

Truth!

I had so much going on, I almost didn't get to enjoy it the way I should have. Hopefully, once we get our recordings of the show, I can really appreciate it.

15. RE: Warfield (SF)

Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Was at the show.

It was all right, but too short. They only played for a little under 1 hour, 25 minutes, and had a 16 item setlist. It felt like the bare minimum. I was disappointed.

In 2006 in San Jose, they had a 21 item setlist and played for 1 hour, 50 minutes.

I did like how their setlist was organized though, that was neat.

16. 9er avatar 9er

Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Where did they play in San Jose? I'm sure it was a much larger venue. Were you on the floor or what? I've been to 9 shows starting from 2000 on. I'm think'n this was the best.

17. RE: Warfield (SF)

Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM

It rates up there as one of my favorite shows as well! My first time at the Warfield and I admit when I walked onto that floor, I was scared shitless! The smallest floor I've ever seen! Thought I'd be killed, but it was freakin fantastic!!! My feet are still sore from dancing ;)
    "DEAL WITH IT"

18. 9er avatar 9er

Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Here is the one that closed out the show. This video is great quality (as far as boot leg concert videos go).

Alright - copy, pate and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7yDV-U7mPQ

I've watched it about 15 times now. I think this vid does a great job of summing up the night. Last song of the night and the crowd is more amped than ever. Not that anyone but me cares, but you can catch a glimpse of me at 2:16 just to the left of the big head with a black hat. I turn and face the camera singing along with devil horns in the air, "what if I should die."

KOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNN!

19. RE: Warfield (SF)

Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Were you on the floor? I was to the right, (Munks side) looking at the stage. Way in the corner by the trash can lmfao!!! I had my family with me. My son sat on the trash can cuz the pit kept trying to push us up against the wall, or balcony, behind us, and my husband kept pushing them back over hahahah!!! It was fun times for sure!
    "DEAL WITH IT"

20. 9er avatar 9er

Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Yes - I'm always on the floor. Every Korn show I've been to. One time in Oakland at the Oracle arena I didn't have general admission floor tickets and was suppose to sit upstairs. I paid the usher $40 and he let me slip in. It was classic. How old is your kid? I've got two, girls is five and boy is three. I couldn't imagine there. I think it's cool you brought yours.

I Like my life insane

Newsletter Signup