Meet & Greet. Photos allowed?

Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 11:22 AM

hey guys, the tour in USA starts soon!
Can somebody say after the shows, who has ordered the vip ticket, if jd allows to take a picture with him?

i have purchased the vips for both shows in germany. I would like to know if I have the chance to take a photo with jd
-----------------------------------------------
Check out my cover for "Pop A Pill":
http://youtu.be/GKnWcCuxHAI

Replies to This Posting

1. ANG avatar ANG

RE: Meet & Greet. Photos allowed?

Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 3:11 AM

for the most part he's only taking pix with those who par take in the listening session and gaming session VIPs.... during the Meet and Greets photos tend to be a no, cuz there's always so many people and its time consuming when they are on time frames because the Meet and Greets now take place before the show...its not really his security, they enforce what they are told...but the saying still goes, you can always ask, and he will either say yes....or no....

2. RE: Meet & Greet. Photos allowed?

Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 5:36 AM

I sometimes have the feeling that JD does not like his fans. At the meet & greet are no more than 20 people, who have paid money for it. I can compare with Limp Bizkit. Fred, Wes and John came out after the concert and gave autographs and took pics. And there were more than 20 people . There were about 80-90 people. I counted. And this was after every show in Germany. It's obvious that jd does not like his fans.. That makes me very sad..

3. Moderator

Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 6:20 AM

iDread...don't read into it...JD LOVES his fans! Sometimes time is a factor.

4. RE: Meet & Greet. Photos allowed?

Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I have the Listening Session for Oberhausen Germany, and I'm not sure if it is before or after the show. At least I hope its before.
    does anyone know about that?
    I don't really need a photo, I just want to give them the Picture I've drawn for them and I hope I can hug them all once :3 then the money was worth it

5. Moderator

Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Usually the session is after the show, but not always. You'll get an email detailing where to meet your guide and where. He will then tell you your itinerary.

6. RE: Meet & Greet. Photos allowed?

Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 5:58 AM

iDread wrote:
    I sometimes have the feeling that JD does not like his fans. At the meet & greet are no more than 20 people, who have paid money for it. I can compare with Limp Bizkit. Fred, Wes and John came out after the concert and gave autographs and took pics. And there were more than 20 people . There were about 80-90 people. I counted. And this was after every show in Germany. It's obvious that jd does not like his fans.. That makes me very sad..

I agree if they don't allow pics. Meet & greets used to be free but now fans are paying hundreds of $ for it and they should get their money's worth. That would be a picture, autograph on whatever they want (within reason!) and plenty of time to talk with the guys. If KoRn is taking the money and rushing them through then that's not cool. Also, don't put it on the bodyguard. This is KoRns show! I was lucky. When I met JD & Head I was with a private group from a radio station. I used to help out with Z-Rock remotes and got backstage passes in return for a lot of shows. We were supposed to be talking with Monster Magnet but JD and Head were wandering around backstage at the State Theater in Detroit. They were very cool and I got a personalized autograph. Other favorite personal meetings were White Zombie & Marilyn Manson. Megadeth was cool too and I got to party with Pantera in a private room at Harpos. Ozzy was a basket case lol but cool to meet! Ah, so many great memories!!

7. RE: Meet & Greet. Photos allowed?

Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 6:33 AM

Josie wrote:
    iDread...don't read into it...JD LOVES his fans! Sometimes time is a factor.

i agree..i´m sure JD loves his fans! Maybe he´s not the guy who likes to take pictures But it would be really sad if the time (a picture can quickly made XD) would not be enough, just to take a quickly picture. I mean I´ve paid over 100 $, I´m a huge KoRn fan since so many years, for me and many other people KoRn is the best band of this world.. and one of my biggest dreams would be come true.

so maybe we can make a group photo, all fans with the band..? then everyone would have something like this! I think it might be possible to ask Ray or Munky or someone else :)

8. RE: Meet & Greet. Photos allowed?

Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I hope the guys do not have to hurry at the meet & greet in Oberhausen and Offenbach. I would like to talk with them! And I want to give as a present a cd with my korn covers to everyone. =)

9. RE: Meet & Greet. Photos allowed?

Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM

In SF everyone accepted pics being taken accepted JD. That being said he was also sick, and also being the opening act would take longer than wanted to get through the 50-odd people who were at the M&G. I bought the guitar VIP, which is the most expensive and didn't get a pic, so it's nothing to do with money spent. That being said I didn't ask him because I respected his wishes when the person next to me was denied. His bodyguard helped him a lot, which I thought was very cool, since I would rather him save his voice for the show than waste it on denying people, when he was so clearly not very well.

With people doing the VIP stuff for after the show, you have a better chance because you'll be one of 5 (4 listeners, 1 gamer)...big difference than 50 people who want hugs, autographs, ask questions and then have to stop and wait for photos.

I do think it would be a nice addition to have an all-in group shot at the end of the M&G though, if that is the one chance to get JD in a photo....just for the experience and memory.

10. RE: Meet & Greet. Photos allowed?

Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 4:43 PM

No fotos with jd allowed :(

11. RE: Meet & Greet. Photos allowed?

Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 12:01 PM

the next time i´m getting a gaming or listening vip package :) I love this man and his music..he´s a Genius! I can´t wait to meet him again Jon is so sweet to his fans, but unfortunately he makes no photos in the "meet&greet" Vip. Sometimes I understand him cause maybe he doesn´t like this or he´s in rush. But Munky, Ray and Fieldy allowed.
    JD huged me. It was soooooo nice.. =)

12. RE: Meet & Greet. Photos allowed?

Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 5:37 PM

ill be gutted if i cant get a pic with JD!!!!!!!!!!! but i would settle for a pic with Munky and Fieldy, i already have one with Ray :P
    in the sea of life, your just a minnow,
    you live your life, insecure,
    i feel the pain, of your needles,
    as they shit, into my brain..

13. Moderator

Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Don't be upset if you don't get one with Jon...it's always been this way and I doubt it'll change anytime soon. He's as sweet as can be, but just don't get your hopes up for a photo with him.

14. RE: Meet & Greet. Photos allowed?

Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I've done a few M&G packages over the last few years.

If JD isn't going to or might do pics, I think this has to be said up front. I'm not doing it just to get a pic with JD, but some are, and by the description, there's nothing to suggest positive or otherwise.

If JD wants his private time, or wants to have his space, he's more than entitled to. Of course he is. This is his (the bands) show.

For me, there is a lot to the price that makes the package (over and above meetig the band). However, in my opinion if JD is hit or miss, or indeed any of the guys, might not take a picture with the fans, this has to be said up front.

I understand that, paid for or not, the M&G is a privilege not a right. Each band has their own pre-gig process.

I think we should get some sort of confirmation of what should be expected at the normal VIP experience,

Don't get me wrong, I'm buzzing for this! I would just like to know a bit more of what is going to happen.

Edit: btw I'm not shit stirring ... just my opinion of this and past experience.

Cheers
    Ross
    2012 Gigs:

Rich Hall
    KoRn (+M&G)
    Skindred
    Andrew W.K.
    Down10ad 2012
    Iced Earth (+M&G)

15. RE: Meet & Greet. Photos allowed?

Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Honestly, I never understood the whole "picture with the band members" thing. I guess I'm just not a hardcore enough fan. I've met the boys a few times and just never asked. It seemed that there were so many fans that needed their undivided attention, that when they came to me, I was like hell it's great to just see you in person and thanks. I understand some need this, because some never get to see them very often live and as I've read in blogs and such, the band has saved their lives and so on. I don't know. All I know is, I could'nt live in their shoes. I'm too fuckin mean!
    "DEAL WITH IT"

16. RE: Meet & Greet. Photos allowed?

Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 5:04 PM

photos with the band members is for me more important as the autographs

17. RE: Meet & Greet. Photos allowed?

Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 11:50 PM

If you buy a regular VIP package, sorry, no pictures with JD!

If you buy the Gaming Session or Listening session, JD let you take pictures with him!

18. RE: Meet & Greet. Photos allowed?

Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Blofeld wrote:
    If you buy a regular VIP package, sorry, no pictures with JD!

If you buy the Gaming Session or Listening session, JD let you take pictures with him!

this is fucked up...

19. RE: Meet & Greet. Photos allowed?

Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 4:34 PM

At least you have the opportunity to meet at all the guys :) I think we need to be happy :)
    Meeting JD and his hug was so awesome, I´ll never forgot this!

20. Re: Meet & Greet. Photos allowed?

Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Hi,

Just food for thought, but would it be alright if I were to take a video? I'm just curious.

See ya
    HIV

Newsletter Signup