Opinions on Religion?

Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 6:32 PM

So I'm curious of what you all feel about religion, or what you view. I thought this would be a interesting topic. Plus I wanna get to know some people on here.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Opinions on Religion?

Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 7:58 AM

misanthrope, I enjoyed your posts regarding this topic, though, I know you don't care ;). I generally stay out of religious conversations because most people don't like my views.

2. Re: Opinions on Religion?

Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 10:43 AM

misanthrope wrote:
    So Deism with large dose of Pantheism? Einstein had similar opinions, myself; I see little point in deifying reality.

A fair point.
    I was in a bit of a rush when I posted my last comment, so I didn't have time to expand on what I was thinking.

For those of you who didn't understand the 'Solaris' reference I specfically meant the Stamislaw Lem novel and Andrei Tarkovsky film. Solaris is a planet covered by an endless ocean of conciousness. For years people have studied this planet and have been unable to comprehend it in any way. All they understand is that the planet has some sort of awareness and perhaps ability to think, but it is so alien to mankind that they cannot know any more than that.

I do wonder what would happen to relgion if we discovered such an entity and found it to indeed be the creator of life in the universe. An entity which created us without any descernable forethought. An entity which didn't adhere to the traditional view of God. No heaven or hell.
    I would imagine that there would be a general refusal of acceptance by the major religions; or perhaps they would embrace it's abiguity as 'proof' that God exists, just not in the form we previously considered.

You'd probably then end up with people sticking up posters of this planet in Churches and in their homes, kissing it before bed.

3. RE: Opinions on Religion?

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Im a forced catholic but really an atheist. Im pretty sure that if there was a god, hed be a complete ass. Haha i hate it when celebs say at award ceremonies Oh and id Like to thank God.... Well yeah he supossedly made you win, and about 4 others lose.

4. RE: Opinions on Religion?

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM

bayley wrote:
    Im a forced catholic but really an atheist. Im pretty sure that if there was a god, hed be a complete ass. Haha i hate it when celebs say at award ceremonies Oh and id Like to thank God.... Well yeah he supossedly made you win, and about 4 others lose.

lol. Thant's awesome. He also answered one cancer patient's prayers but ignored those of 50 others......He is a very selective god for sure.

5. RE: Opinions on Religion?

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Belief in an interventionist god is to accept that said god is either lazy, apathetic, sadistic or all of the above.

6. cdu avatar cdu

Re: Opinions on Religion?

Wed, May 9, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I'm a Christian.
    I believe in God because of the teachings and the life of Christ.

7. cdu avatar cdu

Thu, May 10, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Here's some insight into religion from Fieldy and Head:

Your text to link here...

8. cdu avatar cdu

Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:52 AM

More on religion from Fieldy

Your text to link here...

By the way, I know the other guys in Korn might have a different view on religion, I just thought since this is a KORN forum, it would be interesting to add some input from the guys.

9. Re: Opinions on Religion?

Fri, May 11, 2012 at 7:19 AM

I like the idea of religion. It makes a great story, but I don't really believe it. I don't think many good things have come from religion and a lot of bad things have seemed to (crusades is a good example). Kind of like communism I suppose, great idea, poor execution.

Newsletter Signup