Do You Know Anyone Who Has Cancer?

Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 6:24 PM

If you know anyone who has cancer or even died from cancer, share it in this thread.

I'll start: my mother used to be a cancer patient. Over 5 years ago, during a routine ovary operation, the doctor discovered that she had ovarian cancer stage 3. Her doctor gave her only 3 months to live. But she beat the odds. Now she still alive and healthy.

http://my-mothers-amazing-cancer-recovery.blogspot.com

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Do You Know Anyone Who Has Cancer?

Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Me and my cousin were the two black sheeps in the family, he was 6 months older than me, he died of leukemia a month lafter he was diagnosed at age 20. I still miss him everyday

2. Re: Do You Know Anyone Who Has Cancer?

Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 8:20 AM

My grandfather on my Dad's side and my grandmother on my Mother's side. I was really little when they passed away, so I didn't have any understanding of it at the time.

3. Re: Do You Know Anyone Who Has Cancer?

Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 2:06 PM

My maternal grandmother, Granny Pat, died because of Lung cancer. She was diagnosed in December and gone by January. My father has Prostate cancer, that may be spreading, but he doesn't talk to me about it.
    My paternal grandfather had cancer, but he died some other way.
    mlukec

4. Re: Do You Know Anyone Who Has Cancer?

Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 5:42 AM

My sister in law just lost her breasts to cancer... so glad she is still with us! If it weren't for sites like this one that contribute: http://sfac.merchnow.com/ She wouldn't have gotten the help she needed. I picked up my Fuck Cancer shirt at Mayhem.... I sure wish Korn would participate in this.

5. RE: Do You Know Anyone Who Has Cancer?

Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:32 PM

I have never lost a loved one to cancer, but my neighbor died from breast cancer. She was really kind and it was sad to see her go.. :(
    ~C'est la vie

Newsletter Signup