if you could go back in time what time period would you go back in time to?

Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 10:42 AM

i would go back to the samurai days in japan
a bag of weed a bag of weed everything is better with a bag of weeg

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: if you could go back in time what time period would you go back in time to?

Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I wouldn't. We're currently living in the most advanced era of human history in terms of thought and technology. It's all downhill when you go backwards.

2. Re: if you could go back in time what time period would you go back in time to?

Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 3:50 PM

I want back in 1977 in London for the PUNK's birth.

3. Re: if you could go back in time what time period would you go back in time to?

Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 2:38 PM

The sixties. I'd fit right in.

"everything is wrong every time"

4. Re: if you could go back in time what time period would you go back in time to?

Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 9:23 PM

the 80s. thats when everything was all good
    HIV

5. Re: if you could go back in time what time period would you go back in time to?

Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 5:12 AM

ladyfreakshow wrote:
    i would go back to the samurai days in japan

Although you would probably be killed.
    Under the Tokugawa Shogunate (1600 - 1850) the country was at it's most secluded, with foreign contact being limited to the Korean, Chinese and Dutch. Even then the Dutch were only allowed to trade at a special island off the coast.
    There were frequent attempts by foreigners to make contact and open trade properly with the Japanese but they all failed.
    Even as late as 1811 foreigners such as Vasily Golovnin were imprisoned simply for entering Japan. He was imprisoned for 2 years before being deported.
    Part of my thesis included a study on trade between pre-Meiji Japan and the west. Sorry if I've just taken all the fun out of your thread.

I often think it would be cool to go back to the Napoleonic age, but then I realise that my body is woefully unprepared to cope with all the germs from that period. Small pox and Tuberculosis were all common diseases and coming from this relatively 'clean' time period into that age would probably result in me dying of sickness.

I think realistically (although I know that this is a hypothetical question) we'd be able to exist fairly well in the post WWII period but any earlier may cause problems.
    You have to keep in mind that the concept of cleanliness in hospitals wasn't really considered until after the Crimean War when they realised that patients in clean conditions had a higher survival rate than those in filth.

6. Re: if you could go back in time what time period would you go back in time to?

Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 6:26 AM

I probably would have liked to have been born in the late 1800s. But then I wouldn't have all of the cool toys that I have now; But, then again, WE don't have all of the cooler toys they will have in another 100 years. If everyone hasn't killed each other by then ....... x_x

7. Re: if you could go back in time what time period would you go back in time to?

Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 9:39 AM

On the Cob wrote:
    I probably would have liked to have been born in the late 1800s. But then I wouldn't have all of the cool toys that I have now; But, then again, WE don't have all of the cooler toys they will have in another 100 years. If everyone hasn't killed each other by then ....... x_x

Also, the thing about being born back in the 1800s is that it totally sucks balls unless you're born wealthy.
    If I were born then I would totally need to be born rich because working in a coal mine my entire life and then dying at the age of 40 would suck.

8. RE: if you could go back in time what time period would you go back in time to?

Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Japan in 1900s would be cool... But I'd probably fit in in late 60s.
    "Become good at cheating and you never need to become good at anything."

9. RE: if you could go back in time what time period would you go back in time to?

Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I just realised that toilet paper is a relatively recent invention! I don't know if I could survive in a world where I had to wipe my ass with my hand.

10. RE: if you could go back in time what time period would you go back in time to?

Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM

That is a very good point.
    "Become good at cheating and you never need to become good at anything."

11. RE: if you could go back in time what time period would you go back in time to?

Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM

No Way!

I'm wrong! It seems that Chinese were using toilet paper way back in the 14th century. Although I would assume that it was only for rich people.

In ancient Rome they used a sponge on a stick and then placed it in salt water after use.

That doesn't sound so bad.

12. RE: if you could go back in time what time period would you go back in time to?

Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I wouldnt go back in time, but i just wish i was born in 1985, not 1995. Id be much happier

13. RE: if you could go back in time what time period would you go back in time to?

Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I was born in '85. It's no better.

14. RE: if you could go back in time what time period would you go back in time to?

Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I wouldn't go too far back in the day or else I would be a slave LOL (not really funny)
    but i'm mixed so I would be the slave of a slave or something really low...
    I love my generation and I wouldn't change it for the world. The 80s were fun and I miss the birth of music videos..Duran Duran, Michael Jackson, Human League etc...

Hmmm Maybe the 80s in London! Don't mind me- I think too much lol

Get the latest from Korn!