Reason for ur username

Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Whats the reason behind the username you've chosen? Some are obvious while others aren't so clear.

I took mine from the Bene Gesserit, female super-beings, in the Dune Chronicals by Frank Herbert. They are so cool! They can control every single mechanism in their bodies as well as other peoples minds.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

- The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

"Humans live best when each has his place to stand, when each knows where he belongs in the scheme of things and what he may achieve. Destroy the place and you destroy the person."
        -Bene Gesserit Teaching

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Reason for ur username

Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 11:19 AM

nickname for me but i always liked the little twist i did on it with the 3 and how hell is capitalized lol.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

2. Re: Reason for ur username

Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I am the head of the Cheka.

3. Re: Reason for ur username

Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I hate people.

4. Re: Reason for ur username

Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 2:24 PM

misanthrope wrote:
    I hate people.

and they hate you.

Mine are from two of my favorite KoRn songs put together but also because I feel dirty (not the stinky, smelly dirty for clarification to the assholes of the world) and feel as though I should just be thrown away into the trash. Also how both song lyrics are, how I feel for SOME people, and dirty as well. It is deep for me to go into and really I'd rather not.

I'm sorry, I just throw you away.

perfect example and why I have picked two KoRn songs on how I really feel on just about everything on people and my past bullshit.

"Sometimes, I hate, the life, I made
    everything's wrong every time"

5. Re: Reason for ur username

Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM

d1rtytr@sh wrote:

and they hate you.

In no more than 100 words explain to me why I should care.

6. Re: Reason for ur username

Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 8:40 PM

misanthrope wrote:
    d1rtytr@sh wrote:

and they hate you.

In no more than 100 words explain to me why I should care.

Instead, let's play this game. Explain to me why I should explain to you why you should care in no more than 100 words or less.

It is your mind, I think. You figure it out. I'm not doing your dirty work for you.

7. Re: Reason for ur username

Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:40 AM

You're the one who judged it important enough to mention, ergo you're the one who has to qualify that statement. But just for future reference, and so you're not confused, I'll make it clear; I don't care what you Internet nobodies think about me. You are just pixels on a screen, and have no more standing than that.

Have fun being an insignificance.

8. Re: Reason for ur username

Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 2:44 AM

in 2003 (damn, i was 14), i was deciding on a user name for Korn Kamp, at the time my 2nd favorite band was Coal Chamber, so i chose the name KornChamber, i sucked at coming up with user names it later evolved to ChamberKorn, and eventually, just Chamber.

i haven't listened to coal chamber for years now, but the name stuck.

9. Re: Reason for ur username

Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 6:14 AM

misanthrope wrote:
    You're the one who judged it important enough to mention, ergo you're the one who has to qualify that statement. But just for future reference, and so you're not confused, I'll make it clear; I don't care what you Internet nobodies think about me. You are just pixels on a screen, and have no more standing than that.

LOL, if you didn't care, why respond?

10. Re: Reason for ur username

Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 9:44 AM

For reasons of clarification. Also, just so you know, you don't need to care about something in order to comment on it. Remember that, it will stop you making the same erroneous connection again.

11. Re: Reason for ur username

Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Well "hanabi" means "firewoks" in Japanese. I heard this word in my favourite rock anime and it stayed with me ever since. I love the fact that you can also break it down into two parts "hana" being "flower" and "bi" being "fire" :D
    "Become good at cheating and you never need to become good at anything."

12. Re: Reason for ur username

Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 5:10 PM

i wanted a unique name for when i entered the music industry because i sing so i chose ladyfreakshow and i was also a lady gaga fan.i added freakshow to it because im unique , one of a kind and im a outsider looking in.
    a bag of weed a bag of weed everything is better with a bag of weeg

13. RE: Re: Reason for ur username

Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 5:12 PM

d1rtytr@sh wrote:
    misanthrope wrote:
    I hate people.

and they hate you.

Mine are from two of my favorite KoRn songs put together but also because I feel dirty (not the stinky, smelly dirty for clarification to the assholes of the world) and feel as though I should just be thrown away into the trash. Also how both song lyrics are, how I feel for SOME people, and dirty as well. It is deep for me to go into and really I'd rather not.

I'm sorry, I just throw you away.

perfect example and why I have picked two KoRn songs on how I really feel on just about everything on people and my past bullshit.

omfg dirty is my second favorite korn song
    a bag of weed a bag of weed everything is better with a bag of weeg

14. Re: Reason for ur username

Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 6:43 PM

One of my multiple middle names is Meike, and I feel a lot of the times like I want to get away from myself or my life
    There is no sound more
    beautiful than the tenor
    of a troubled man

15. Re: Reason for ur username

Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Dandelion is a childhood nickname. It was a corruption of how my family name is pronounced, and a description of my demeanor.

16. Re: Reason for ur username

Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 4:36 PM

ADandelion wrote:
    Dandelion is a childhood nickname. It was a corruption of how my family name is pronounced, and a description of my demeanor.

description of your demeanour? please explain.
    I have never heard dandelion ever used as a description.
    In some north italian dialects 'dandelion' is known as 'dog pisses'. Awesome.

I just checked the dictionary to see if it can be used as an adjective, but it's purely a noun.
    noun
    1. a weedy composite plant, Taraxacum officinale, having edible, deeply toothed or notched leaves, golden-yellow flowers, and rounded clusters of white, hairy seeds.

Are you suggesting that you are weedy or dog pisses?

17. Re: Reason for ur username

Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Perhaps she is referring to the blithe nature of the seeds of Taraxacum officinale?

18. RE: Reason for ur username

Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Well, those that know me here as Luke, know it's my middle name. M and C are the first and last name initials of my full name. Also, the rap name is Luke the MC. Ah ha!!!!
    mlukec

19. Re: Reason for ur username

Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I chose Kornwish because my wish is to see Korn as many times as I can and to meet the guys. I've only seen them once and that was years ago. Now that my career is taking off I know I'll make my wish come true soon

20. Re: Reason for ur username

Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 9:28 PM

misanthrope wrote:

No, I will not have fun being an insignificant, I am far from insignificant but nice try. I am also much more than pixels you see on your screen. I actually breathe, think, talk, listen and feel many feelings. What a surprise this must be for you! I thought you knew that people on the other side of the screen are actual humans and not insignificant nobody's that you would like to believe we all are. Just remember, it takes a mind, fingers to type, a body to go and work for the computers we are on (some of us who have computers) and thought to be able to type it all out to you so you then can state what insignificant nobody's we all are to you.

I thought you were actually smart. I suppose we all must learn some time.

Get the latest from Korn!