a Prayer to KORN

Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I wanted to thank the band for their music!!!

I´m from Germany and found my deep attachment with the band by a coincidence. I watched them live during a festival. A friend said I needed to see them. That experience, seeing you guys on stage, changed my life for the better.

I´m a male and was sexually abused by my mother during childhood. And I never came near to face that fact. I always believed it was just a bad dream. And it was. But in a metaphorical way. Finally, in the age of 25, I allowd myself to see. Bevor that, I was totally blind to it, though the memorys of the abuse were always with me. But I wasn´t able to really SEE them.

I killed my soul with alcohol, I tried to bury that little child I once was. I wrote a horror novel, but couldn´t face the fact, that the only horror in my life was my mother and my ever-NOT-present father.

The band always kept the dark feeling I wanted to kill in their music. Especially the songs about Jonathan´s child abuse always got my teers to pour down my face.

YOU GUYS KEPT MY FEELINGS ALIVE IN YOUR MUSIC AND FINALLY I ALLOW MYSELF TO FEEL THIS FEELINGS. That hurts like hell, but I never felt more clear about who I am.

Thank you!!!!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: a Prayer to KORN

Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Couldn't you have contacted a Kind Unterstützung (sorry, I don't know the correct term) or Polizei?

Get the latest from Korn!